Do you "check in" when your weight goes up?

Options

Replies

• crazyjlyn
    crazyjlyn Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sundays and note losses and gains, keeps me honest
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Both gains and losses.
  • Yogeros
    Yogeros Posts: 19
    Options
    i log in once a week and whatever it is gain or lose i log it in. u got to take the good and the bad

I agree with once a week and log either loss or gain!
  • honeythatsokay
    Options
    I just record losses. That way it becomes the new record to beat before I get to log another loss. Sometimes I don't get to "check in" for weeks!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    With the exception of two week I was overseas without scales, I have weighed and logged every day for the last 9 months without fail.
  • annababes71
    Options
    i weigh myself every week and i enter it here wether its up or down. i have to be honest with myself x
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yep I do. If I gain I log it!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I log loses and gains......
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes, always. Being honest with yourself is the only way you'll get back on track. Don't pretend to be something you're not by not checking in. You'll log it when you lose weight, right? Well, why not when you gain it? You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Either you ARE a certain weight in actuality, or you're not. And what's the point of logging if any part of it DOESN'T reflect your actual situation? I suggest you check in consistently, even if you've gone up. It will make the days you check in lost weight much sweeter... Good luck!
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! lol I once gained 8lbs because I upped my calories from 1200-1970 and It took me a month to surpass my original weight. I didn't check in for that whole month :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you don't log both the losses and the gains, how will you know if you eating and exercise plans are working? I make changes to my routines all the time and if I didn't have a "true " graph that went up and down I wouldn't know what adjustments were effective. Heck, if I log to losses I cant properly tell if I'm in a plateau. Gaining 5 pounds but not logging it isn't a plateau.
  • tjmbellsouth
    Options
    Yup, If your not true on paper/online your fooling yourself. That is how we got where we are. Something has to bring you back to reality. I wish my computer could reach out and slap me sometimes. It is too easy to cheat and get sidetracked. One tool I use to maintain my sanity is give myself a free-day of sorts once a week. Pizza and a glass of wine, whatever. Just be normal though, don't binge. I helps me stay strong the rest of the week, and I don't feel like a social outcast.:happy:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Only if the gain is more than 2 lbs
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I weigh every day, but log my weight only on Mondays, if they are regular Mondays and I get up at 6.30. If I get up earlier or later, I think it's somehow cheating because I cannot compare similar situations.
    I've been thinking about changing that recording day to maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, because weekends have an effect on my weight (less water intake, sometimes alcohol, eating out etc).
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    I don't bother with a couple of lbs difference as it will go soon enough and my weight changes all the time, damn thing :noway: lol
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I weigh in pretty much every day but don't log every day. But if I have the same number as a gain say 3 days in a row, then yes, I'll log it. I just personally like to be true to myself :happy:
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    Dunno if this makes sense, don't even know why this happens, but when I see a slight weight gain on the scale, I actually get excited because that normally means the next day i'll see 400-800grams less on my scale! Strange...
    Also, I don't worry much about it as long as I'm keeping with my calorie goal, i do zigzag my calories a lot to avoid plateau-ing, so I always blame that, but know that will jump start my weightloss again! Good luck!

OH!!! Don't forget to drink LOTS of water, the body like retaining lots of it if you're not drinking enough!!
  • bigjax1
    bigjax1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yep I do log gains as I dont want to lie to myself

when I went to what was callled in my family 'fatlady class'....... you cannot hide a gain and that was what kept me on track and I lost 5stone

so will follow the same policy on here...log good and bad
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and log it everyday, whichever way the scale goes! If I am away and can't weigh myself on my scales I just enter the figure I had from the day before. I have also started weiging myself on the gyms Tanita body measurement scale, this gives me a weight and BF% which I log in my own spreadsheet.

:smile:
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    during weightloss i did.... but now in maintenance i dont log it...but mentally i do..and act upon it. I weigh daily.

I found by logging the gains n losses during weightloss I learned... by watchin what you eat..your exercise etc you gain wisdom in your body and begin to understand it better in how it reacts to some foods. eg. during weightloss i had a treat of a bbq steak..with STEAKSPICE. adding that steakspice..my weight went up the next day 3lbs. nothing else changed in my diet and exercise...so i know if i have steakspice my weight will go up with the salt that is in that spice. the very next day that 3lbs came off.

Be in tune with what you do during weightloss...being open to learn and watch is wisdom along this journey