Do you "check in" when your weight goes up?

Options

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My weigh-ins are on Friday. If I'm up on Friday I'll wait and weight in on Saturday. I don't watch my salt intake and some times I will hold a lot of extra water weight. If the scale is still up Sat then I record it and move on. I do skip one Friday a month because it lands with TOM and I usually gain about 3-4 pounds but they always come off by Monday so I don't want it to look like I actually lost 5 pounds in a week when it was only 2 over the course of 2 weeks.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing in 5 days a week when I go to the gym, because I'm curious and want to see what happens. I recently went up .6 lbs and logged it, drinking more water today.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, especially if I know I ate horribly, keeps me accountable to what bad eating does!! But if I know is that's time of the moonth and am retaining water then no.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If a gain sticks around for a week (from one weigh in to the next) I log it. This makes me, personally, more motivated because my "Number of pounds lost" goes down and who wants that to happen!? :smile:
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Friday mornings. I log my weight, loss or gain, every week.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do - trouble is, MFP doesn't announce it on the "reader board". It does, however, record it and when I run a progress report, shows me the tough weeks, even if that was only a fractional gain.

-Debra
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    On MFP, I only record when the scale goes down. But at home, I have my sheet that I record my measurements, to include weight, in blue ink, every Friday. There's something about SEEING it at home, where I'm most likely to slip up. Here, I can log it, and not have to come to terms with the choices I've made to lead to any increase/decrease of numbers.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    I record my weight once every week (on Monday evenings) whether I have lost or gained (only one gain so far and hoping to leave it at that). I feel it will help long term in identifying trends/cycle related fluctuations.
  • rossjemima
    rossjemima Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes, it makes me cringe, but I want to keep it honest
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    my weight went up this week, and I inputted it.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    once a week, friday am, after my morning pee/dump and bare-*kitten* naked, weigh in, and record the figure straight from the Withings app. into MFP. If it's up, it's up, if it's down, it's down. As long as I keep eating within the guidelines and ride at least 150 miles a week on the bike, the trend is downwards by a nice steady amount every week - even if there's the odd hiccup due to post ride dehydration or pre-ride carb. loading. 136lb's in 11 months works for me!!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday. Whatever the scale says then gets reported. Then I really know where I'm at and what I need to improve.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I don't, because I know the trend is down. And I feel silly and undeserved if I get praise for losing weight that I gained. Just me, but I just leave it. Like now. I"m one pound up from my last weigh in, and I won't log anything but a loss, which is hopefully coming up soon :)
  • Classicbdw
    Classicbdw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Weigh ins for me are Tues and I record up or down. It makes me fight to get back to where I was if I go up any given week
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Up or Down i log it:smile:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every Friday and check-in with whatever the numbers show. This is one place I can be completely open and honest about my weight and struggles. NOT putting it on my profile is just lying to myself.
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yes i do
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and I record it everyday, whether gain, loss, or nothing. I know it sounds obsessive/excessive, but I like seeing all the numbers plotted on the chart :smile: . Generally, my weight doesn't fluctuate more than 1/2 lb at a time, sometimes as much as a full pound, usually on high sodium days.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yes! I weigh in on Wednesdays... And if it goes up I log it. And If it goes down, I log it. It's not about de-motivation or depressing myself... it's about being Honest with myself. Maybe once a week is too often, maybe I should do once every two weeks, but whatever that weight is on Wednesday, I log it. If I don't, I'm just lying to myself.

I weighin every Friday morning and take measurements... I log it all gain/loss in pounds or inches. Honesty has allowed me to see what works for me and doesn't when I go to my food/exercise dairy. I know why I gain and that keeps me sane :wink:
  • nailqueen74
    nailqueen74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and I record whatever my weight is. I gained this week. Gotta stay accountable.