HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO RUDE???GRRRR!

Options

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You should have told her to ask her Husband cause he's the Baby Daddy. BAM.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I did that once.
    "Oh, congratulations!":drinker:
    She was not in a family way one bit. NEVER AGAIN!
    Sometimes it's not out of meanness but stupidity. Sorry that happened to you.

Yeah never ask a woman if she's pregnant unless you see the head coming out of her vagina, assume nothing.

This seems like an awesome rule!!!!
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    That bish deserves a swift kick in the taco!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    An older man at church approached me one day and said "Congratulations!" .. I said.. "uhh.. why?"

Then he made a gesture with his hands as if he was holding a huge belly out in front of him and stuck his tounge out and made a silly noise.

I said "Oh, you think I'm pregnant?" "Yes, aren't you? One lady that sits over here is..."

"No, not me.." I guess it was my fault, I was wearing an empire waist dress that kind of flared out over the stomach area.

He apologized for weeks, and my friends and I still get a good laugh thinking about the hand motions he made instead of just saying "are you pregnant?"
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That happened to me a couple years back. I broke down and started crying. I wasn't even that fat! I just have a little lower pudge!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I had that happen. A lady I didn't know said, "OH, when are you due??" I said, "What???" She asked again, "When is your baby due?" I said, "OH, I'm not pregnant". Embarrassed, she said, (trying to laugh it off) "Oh..., well, you never know! You might have a bun in the oven and not know it! I said, "Well, let's certainly hope NOT, since I'm going through a divorce!"

She stopped trying to persuade me that I was pregnant. :smile:
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thats happened to me quite a few times!! i laugh about it and make them feel stupid!! by saying aww just coz im fat it doesnt mean im pregnant and they just remain speechless!!! love to c their reaction!!
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So today someone at work came up to me, rubbed my stomach and asked when my due date was...I am NOT pregnant!!

So upsetting.

On the bright side I didn't run for the chocolate!

Why are some people so rude??

That's not rude - that is work place bullying and frankly you would be within your rights to make a complaint!

What an appalling way to behave in a workplace!

That is not professional behaviour!

p.s. I would also like to sign up for Forthe4s fan club - you made me laugh!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    The last time someone asked me when I was due I told him in 12 years. He just looked at me and got this dumb look on his face when he apologized. Ironically...12 years later I had my daughter. WEIRD! I guess he just knew!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    *kitten* :grumble:
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    UGH! I had someone ask me YEARS ago if I was preggo! I was like UM nope, I'm just fat! LMAO she looked at me like I was crazy!
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Some people!

95a4b0bf.gif
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    WOW! :noway: Who the **** does that exactly? :explode:

You should have b**** slapped them for invading your personal space. :angry:

Sorry you went through that... some people's kids. :flowerforyou:
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I think the rule on guessing that is never ever ever ever ever evereverever... think i got enough evers in there (who said it?!)

In all seriousness that super sucks...good for you for not running for the chocolate!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    OMG I don't think I know one woman that hasn't happened to..
    A few years ago my boyfriend and I were in the grocery store line to buy ice cream to watch during a movie. I guess I looked like a pig because the lady in front of us said something about our "bundle of joy" on the way. I was horrified and told her I wasn't pregnant. She kept apologizing and that just made it worse. I got out of line and went out to the car and cried.
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    'eff an apology, sounds like a lawsuit to me. She touched you without permission.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped them for touching me!

This. Pretty rude.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Some people!

95a4b0bf.gif

Abso-freaking-lutely. I guess people have never heard of the "personal bubble." I hate people touching me, so if that'd happened to me they'd have received an eyeful of my fist.

This happened at work? Tell HR, that's definitely crossing a boundary.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Im sorry that happened to you :( I know when I was pregnant with both kids... people would touch me all the time and it was very awkward....hated it!!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I then told my sister about that old guy thinking I was pregnant when I was walking passed his house going to the trail when she said "People thought I was pregnant when I was fat too" (She has gastric bypass 6 years ago).