Eating out at Olive Garden tonight..HELP

Options

Replies

• julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Get in a good workout, and just don't stuff yourself. Dont eat breadsticks, drink only water, and dont eat your whole meal. You really could eat whatever you want if you're careful during the day leading up to dinner. Just don't clean your plate. And if you go over on calories, stay under tomorrow. Not going seems a little paranoid and silly.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Oh, the espresso rubbed steak isn't so bad for you. And that's a steak with mashed potatoes. Yummy!
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just eat there last Sunday, Make sure to get your salad dressing on the side, WITHOUT cheese, and do not put the croutons and olives in it. I got the Shrimp Primavara, and split it in half. Also had a half a bread Stick. I made sure to eat plenty of Salad, and just watched myself the rest of the day to make sure not to over eat. Of course, I ended up going for a two hour bike ride later, BUT I did not eat planning to work out.

Good luck and have fun. Just remember, IF you make a mistake, don't let it ruin your day or your weekend!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    can't go wrong with the mixed grill plate & a doggie bag. It's a big ol' plate of meat & veggies. Avoid the breadsticks, they're just not worth the cals.
    as for the doggie bag, ask them to bring one with your dinner and put half of your meal away immediately. Not only will you save cals, but you'll have an awesome lunch tomorrow!
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just went last night and got the Mediterranean Chicken - was like only 670 cals.... and it was a lot of chicken.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Eat salad and Maybe one bread stick.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    1-Plan ahead using their nutrition stats.(Usually when I'm going out, I'm careful that day what I eat before that meal so I can splurge a bit if need be)

2-Talk to the waiter about how the food you are thinking about is prepared, tell them you are watching your weight (low cal, carb whatever) and they can adjust cooking for you. (i.e no butter, less butter, no sauce, sauce on side, etc)

3-Ask them to box half before they bring it (or get a box when it comes and box half yourself)

4-Take one bread stick if you wish and milk it the entire meal,also make sure the basket is far away from you.

5-Ask for their low cal salad dressing and have the dressing on the side if that is an option.(or bring some from home)

6-Have water with dinner (drink water prior to going also so you will fill up as well)

7-Also use your fork tines to dip into your dressing then go into the salad.

8-Most important: Enjoy yourself and if you over do, tomorrow is another day.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Go on their website, look at their menu, preplan your meal. Then at some stage over the weekend, add in some extra exercise to work off any calories that you went over on
  • nanagain
    nanagain Posts: 20
    Options
    i always go for the zuppa toscana soup. it's my favorite and at 170 calories i can even get a second serving if i want to! :-) naturally the sodium is really high though so make sure you stay mindful of that throughout the day.
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The salad doesn't NEED to be 300 calories. Ask for it with no dressing, then ask for the light Italian on the side. Dip, don't pour. Also ask for no croutons. Then have two bowls of minestrone and no breadsticks. Lately they haven't even been that good-kinda bland.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    FYI their salad dressing is 80 callories per TBS so salad without the dressing would be best that way you can control how much goes in. Thier soups are all super high calories except for the minestroni which is a vegetarian soup.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Feel free to BASH ME GOOD!
    I can take it.:cry:
    ok, here we go
    I never go to a fabulous place like Olive Garden and count calories.
    Call it a "free day" - whatever.
    And I used to go out to eat at least once per day, but now?
    Twice monthly. I am WEAK! I just can't go to Olive Garden and eat some healthy, tasteless dish of Blah!
    I eat like a government mule. LOVE IT!
    Whatever you decide, enjoy and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Apricot Chicken is great and minimal calories... Breadsticks are killer on calorie count though and have them do your salad dressing on the side for you to dip in. Doing that cuts down on cal's alot. :)
    And water water water.
  • hippieklaar
    hippieklaar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone said this already didn't look through the 3 pages. The unlimited salad and breadsticks.. Make sure you don't get it with the dressing already mixed in!! One plate=300 calories. I didn't know this before hand and was VERY upset. I also got a stuffed mushroom ravioli light on the cheese, which was awesome!!
  • lunatikchik
    lunatikchik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually get the Venetian Apricot Chicken - it comes with a portion of chicken breast and veggies like aspargus and broccoli instead of pasta
    :)
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Go for the Venetian Apricot Chicken. It is low calories and delicious! Also, skip the breadsticks and salad dressing on the side.
  • dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Get the salad with the light italian dressing on the side. I like it better than the regular dressing - the pasta fagoli has a lot of protein and then you can have a breadstick.
  • nana_pam25
    nana_pam25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Their grilled salmon with veggies is VERY good!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i get the minestrone soup and eat a crapload of salad (ask for NO DRESSING)
  • gonnadoit2010
    gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I recently had the parmessan crusted tilapia, skipped the bread sticks and had the salad dressing on the side, it was delish. Enjoy the celebration!