Refrigerator Oatmeal/Overnight Oatmeal. I finally tried it.

Options

Replies

• indyang77
    indyang77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NessamarieG
    Options
    Bump
  • sandra_13
    sandra_13 Posts: 20
    Options
    Bump
  • BrockNRoll
    BrockNRoll Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tried refrigerator oatmeal for the first time this morning. OMG....where has it been all my life? I had no idea. Very tasty for those of you who have not ever tried it. I made a modified version of a raspberry recipe. I just replaced the milk with unsweetended almond milk and the raspberry preserves with 1 tsp of honey. It was fantastic. I'm in love!
  • BrockNRoll
    BrockNRoll Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No, I get them at a local health food store in a bag. I use them in several recipes. They are a great filler and they are great for you.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I tried refrigerator oatmeal for the first time this morning. OMG....where has it been all my life? I had no idea. Very tasty for those of you who have not ever tried it. I made a modified version of a raspberry recipe. I just replaced the milk with unsweetended almond milk and the raspberry preserves with 1 tsp of honey. It was fantastic. I'm in love!

OK...this is Soooooooo getting done at my house tonight for tomorrow morning!!!!
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    I tried it too! I'll be making this a lot more often.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    No, I get them at a local health food store in a bag. I use them in several recipes. They are a great filler and they are great for you.

Thank you for sharing, I was wondering where to get them too. I've been making mine without the chia seeds. Do they make a difference in the flavor of the oatmeal mix?
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

Thank you for sharing, I was wondering where to get them too. I've been making mine without the chia seeds. Do they make a difference in the flavor of the oatmeal mix?

I find they add another texture to the mix, I like lots of different tastes and feelings in my mouth....so to speak!

I've made mine for 2mo: blackberries, chia, honey, oats, Greek yoghurt, soy milk all shuck up!
  • Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I will have to try it...I wondr how it will do with steel cut oats
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been reading all your posts about the Refrigerator Oatmeal. I have all the ingredients to make them except I only have a box of Quick Oats... what would happen if I used Quick Oats? Anybody know?
  • TappiGabi
    TappiGabi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I will have to give this a try!
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think you can try this with any type oats and I'm not sure the chia seeds make a ton of difference. I use the chia seeds for their benefits, but I have seen recipes where folks leave them out.

I don't think you can really mess these up. Glad to see folks are enjoying them. I know when I found the recipe I was a little skeptical, but I'm a believer now! :)
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump, can't wait to try this
  • begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    nice
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Need to try this. Seems like everyone loves it!
  • shercoup
    shercoup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    yum