What's your resting heart rate?

Options
My resting heart used to be 88-94 bpm six months ago and now it's 60 bpm! It's awesome how it improve so much after I started working out 6-7 times a week! Would still love to improve my resting heart rate so its lower.

What's your resting heart rate?

Replies

• heylatimer
    heylatimer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Usually between 50 and 60. I think 60 is really good for a woman as their resting rates are usually higher than men.

Funny story. I was in the hospital to have a dislocated shoulder relocated. They had me hooked up to a monitor that was set to go to alarm when my heart rate dropped below 50. I was relaxed and focused enough waiting for discharge after the procedure was done to conciously lower my rate and make the alarm go off. I did this a few times because I got a kick out of my wife's state of panic since she thought I was dying every time.... She didnt find it so funny.
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Down to 54

Yay
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    40. Sometimes a little lower.
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Mine is 54!
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to hover around 60 as well...it's awesome having a hrm and being able to see it change as you work out! I did a really strenuous indoor aerobic video about a week ago and my friend asked what my max HR was....it was 174...he was pretty impressed!
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am thrilled my rate is around 64. I used to hover around 100. Amazing what a little weight loss and exercise can do for you!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    High 40's, I think that's too low, I'm going to speak to my doc about it. It's not like I'm an Olympic athlete or anything....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't measure it realy often, but t's usually somewhere around 60. (51 yo female)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    About 60-68 I believe.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is usually between 80-90.. I get up pretty high according to my HRM during workouts (usually averaging 170 in a workout).
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is usually between 80-90.. I get up pretty high according to my HRM during workouts (usually averaging 170 in a workout).

Yeah that's pretty high! My heart rate gets really high when I do cardio though... yesterday going running my average heart raate was 170 and my max was 197!
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mine is 52 BPM!!! It used to be a lot higher before I lost weight!! Losing weight has done wonders for my blood pressure as well!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
  • octosilver
    octosilver Posts: 23
    Options
    just checked now and it is 51.

low end 47 high 58
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    55 in the morning, about 58 during the day.

Used to be like... 90.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be consistently 84. Now, typically somewhere in the 60's! I just took it when I read the thread title and it was 60. That's a new low for me :-)
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Around 40-45
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    38bpm if I have a little lie down.
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
  • chocl8girl