How to calculate calorie goals according to NROLFW

Replies

• pjkalk
    pjkalk Posts: 18 Member
    bump
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 434 Member
    BUMP
  • Hi, does anyone know if i was to eat at the calories calculated for training days would that be my TDEE?? I'm asking this 'cause i'm hoping to combine NROLFW with LeanGains..
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Hi, does anyone know if i was to eat at the calories calculated for training days would that be my TDEE?? I'm asking this 'cause i'm hoping to combine NROLFW with LeanGains..

I may well be wrong but I think training days are over TDEE and non training days under or at TDEE. The idea is to get a slight deficit or be calorie equal over a week.
  • parrotdish
    parrotdish Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for bringing this up, since I too have only lost 6 pounds in 3 months and have become frustrated. I am going to recalculate my caloric intake and make it a new day! :smile:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Wow....thanks so much! I need to eat more on my workout days!
  • microburst20
    microburst20 Posts: 130
    thanks for the info
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing. I remember skimming over this part in the book and being totally lost!

Happy to know I'm right on target though :happy:
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    I know that a lot of people have said this worked for them, but it's telling me to eat MORE on non-workout days than I used to eat before I started even trying to be healthy, and I was gaining weight! (I know about how much I used to eat because I tracked it for a while before I started making changes.) If I gained 30 pounds eating about 1600 calories per day, how could I possibly LOSE by eating 1750 before exercise??
  • JKellyMA
    JKellyMA Posts: 16
    Tx
  • MandyMooney61
    MandyMooney61 Posts: 5 Member
    Great info in this thread! Thanks so much! I have not been losing and now I'm really thinking this is why. I has staying at 1200 calories even on workout days and the scale just is not budging. Accordion to this formula I'm supposed to be at 1,700 on non workout days and 2,000 on workout days. It just seems like so much though! Can someone tell me why weight loss stalls on a lower amount of calories?
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    BUMP
  • MandyMooney61
    MandyMooney61 Posts: 5 Member
    Bump....
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    I know that a lot of people have said this worked for them, but it's telling me to eat MORE on non-workout days than I used to eat before I started even trying to be healthy, and I was gaining weight! (I know about how much I used to eat because I tracked it for a while before I started making changes.) If I gained 30 pounds eating about 1600 calories per day, how could I possibly LOSE by eating 1750 before exercise??

My best guess is that your metabolism is slowed, if you eat at a higher level for a long period of time it should even out. Unless you have some sort of medical condition. This is all based on that you are accurately logging all of your food - even what you drink
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Great info in this thread! Thanks so much! I have not been losing and now I'm really thinking this is why. I has staying at 1200 calories even on workout days and the scale just is not budging. Accordion to this formula I'm supposed to be at 1,700 on non workout days and 2,000 on workout days. It just seems like so much though! Can someone tell me why weight loss stalls on a lower amount of calories?

The idea is that your body holds onto whatever calories you give it if you are not eating enough. You will lose and then plateau and then probably lose more, but it will be harder to maintain and your metabolism will slow down.

If you think about it, 2000 is the basic diet on all nutrition labels because it is the average maintenance level for most humans. It's really not that much. It will seem like it at first though.

I've been eating more to lose weight according to these calculations for 3 months now. However, I did not do the 300 calorie deficit, I'm at a 100-150 calorie deficit right now, so I've lost about 1 lb over 3 months. However I am already nearing the lower end of the healthy weight range for my height so I am not trying to lose lbs. If you have lbs to lose you would lose them. BUT I have lost 11 inches -- I'm down to a 24.5 inch waist now! And I'm finally losing from my hips (last place to lose!). So I believe that it works very well.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    bump
  • sg1958
    sg1958 Posts: 1 Member
    bump for later reading
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Bump!
  • cibilbee
    cibilbee Posts: 47 Member
    bump