What foods for you aren't worth the calories

Options

Replies

• beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Fried foods - the grease I feel on my hand makes me feel sick.
    Luckily there are lots of baked versions of fried things now!
    Pizza where you can feel and SEE the oil isn't worth it either
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Pasta.. alcohol.. bagels
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    alcohol......no nutritional value

and no more restaurants
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Donuts
    Alcohol (in general but this Maple Sapling stuff is the bomb!)
    Fried Stuff
    Mashed Potatoes (I roast sliced potatoes with Trader Joe's fire roasted onion/pepper and a bit of olive oil..drool)
  • zhanaolivia
    Options
    - Any drinks other than water, milks (my preference is soy mostly), and good, short coffees.
    - Ice cream.
    - Dried, sweetened fruit.
    - Milk Chocolate (when I'm PMSing really badly, and then I'll do very, very, dark chocolate - 80% lindt is my fav)
    - Toasted overly-cheese things
    - Most deep-fried things

Soft drinks are the most annoying thing to me. Hearing people complain they're too fat etc and then having a can twice a day or something. Any caloried drinks just seem so wasteful to me.
  • Barco84
    Barco84 Posts: 1
    Options
    High-calorie microwavable meals - Very convenient but the portions are usually pathetic for the amount of calories packed into them!
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    big juicy cheese burgers, Loaded mashed potato, Breakfast sandwiches with bacon.......
    these are all worth the calories...nom nom nom
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    soda pop.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    slim fast drinks are high in calories...such a waste
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Chocolate. Yea, it's good, but for 300 calories for a candy bar, I'd rather eat 3 apples. Or a bag of chips :laugh:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Yes, big time, and I must sacrifice 6 days every week.
    My "Free Day" is when I do not count calories and eat whatever. Life is to be lived.
    Lost 75 lbs doing it this way.
  • e46dude
    e46dude Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Most liquid calories aren't worth it to me, with the exception of healthy smoothies and protein shakes. The other big one I try to avoid is high carb snack food (chips, candy, baked goods, ect..) too many calories and not very satiating.
  • indescribablesin
    Options
    Chips, chocolate, and things loaded with carbs – I physically feel lower after a junk food splurge for hours afterward, or even a day if the splurge was big enough, so the momentary pleasure really just isn't worth it.
    Bagels and croissants, too. I used to live off those. *sigh*
    Also most liquids, unless I add protein powder to them 'cause that makes them x10 more filling.
  • lgeren
    lgeren Posts: 45
    Options
    Ooh the pizza grease always gets me! It makes me sick . If I ever happen to order a pizza for my family, I always say to to easy on the sauce b/c that seems to cut down on so much of the grease. But even @ that, if I eat any, it's usually only 1 slice.
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm with others on the alcohol. A coworker told me about this drink she tried - just whipped cream vodka and orange crush. I was all excited because it sound so delish, even if I made it with diet crush. But but by the time I got out of work I decided I didn't want to use my calories on the vodka!
  • sadielankford
    sadielankford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations on making that decision! I have found that MOST foods (while eating out) aren't worth the calories for me anymore. :( I still enjoy udon noodles from Noodles & Co, and I still drink my mochas from McDonald's, but I always stay within my calories and it feels SO GOOD!!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I'll eat it all!

I'm planning on killing a large bag of chips next weekend! I'll make it work.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I haven't "given up" wine, but most nights when I get home, I ask myself whether I really want to spend the calories on it, and opt not to.

But then, I drink a cup of whole milk before bed, every single night, and I know a lot of folks here would find this crazy. But it works for me.
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    drinks-alcoholic or not. i like to eat every single one of my calories!
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ranch dressing. Once upon a time I used ranch on everything! It has ssooo many calories that I can't eat it snymore. I feel like I lost a loved one.