Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Please friend me! I need some JM fans as friends for motivation and support.

I've completed 30DS twice. Couldn't believe the body changes! I took a two week hiatus then started RI30 on Monday. My legs are sore but not intolerably so. I'm using 5lb weights but thinking of increasing to 8lbs. Except for those damn side lunges and arm raises, I go back to 3lbs for those. I don't know what it is about that move, grrrrrr!!! Anyone recently make the switch from 5 to 8? How was it?

So today will be Day 4 of level 1. I noticed yesterday was considerably easier already. And by easier I don't mean easy! Looking forward to/somewhat scared/nervous excitement for the next levels.

Welcome!

I still alternate between 3, 5, and 8lbs.....it really just depends on the exercise! In week 3 I use 10lbs for the deadlifts.....but I love deadlifts lol
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have to admit I have been slacking on doing RI30, I'm just doing other workouts and it seemed to be a much for my knees. So this morning I decided to really torture myself and do Extreme Shed and Shred, I forgot how long and hard of a workout that is. I also forgot how much I enjoy it. It has been a really long time since I've done the whole thing, I was just doing one level and cycling through. But I can't believe how much "easier" it was to do the whole thing today.

It's a nice change from my regular routine and an amazing calorie burn. I am going to feel this one later.

Hope everyone has a great day and keep working.

Great job!!!!!

I have this one but haven't tried it yet! I understand that it's circuit training like RI30, do you find that it's similar? Or is it more strength?
    It is a lot of body weight strength, but some moves you do use weights, make them heavier for more of a challenge. I like the way she has this one put together. I think it's 4 moves in each circuit, but you do them a lot longer. And some more plank cardio type of stuff. She incorporates yoga into also, so you have a chance to catch your breath. It was 80 minutes, start to finish.

My shoulders and legs are beat, and I can feel it in my butt:) You know how Jillian is, add weights for more of a challenge.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I have to admit I have been slacking on doing RI30, I'm just doing other workouts and it seemed to be a much for my knees. So this morning I decided to really torture myself and do Extreme Shed and Shred, I forgot how long and hard of a workout that is. I also forgot how much I enjoy it. It has been a really long time since I've done the whole thing, I was just doing one level and cycling through. But I can't believe how much "easier" it was to do the whole thing today.

It's a nice change from my regular routine and an amazing calorie burn. I am going to feel this one later.

Hope everyone has a great day and keep working.

Great job!!!!!

I have this one but haven't tried it yet! I understand that it's circuit training like RI30, do you find that it's similar? Or is it more strength?
    It is a lot of body weight strength, but some moves you do use weights, make them heavier for more of a challenge. I like the way she has this one put together. I think it's 4 moves in each circuit, but you do them a lot longer. And some more plank cardio type of stuff. She incorporates yoga into also, so you have a chance to catch your breath. It was 80 minutes, start to finish.

My shoulders and legs are beat, and I can feel it in my butt:) You know how Jillian is, add weights for more of a challenge.

Not plank cardio!!!!!!! lol I will have to try it soon!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've just started RI30, I'd love some friends for support!!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to check in here yesterday but this morning I completed week 3. I will move on to week 4 tomorrow which works out perfect for me because I'll finish RI30 next weekend which is when I go away on vacation :)

I can't remember how week 4 is from when I did RI30 last year....I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I just know that week 3 was hard enough on my poor arms...lol.

TGIF!!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    Starting week 3 RI30 tomorrow! I'm excited! Week 2 wasn't my fav as far as the diff exercises.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I did NMTZ today. I wasn't looking forward to it since I hated the video last time. Thought it was boring and not challenging. That was nearly a year ago. For whatever reason, I liked it this time.

Day 3 of the Jillian Michael Slimdown Challenge complete.

I may check out the other thread you posted - and try to follow along - loosely. It's nice to be in company. I did RI 30 2 days this week, then a zumba day, and today I did 30Day shred. i think it helps to keep mixing it up. :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Starting week 3 RI30 tomorrow! I'm excited! Week 2 wasn't my fav as far as the diff exercises.

I like week 3 WAY more than week 2! The plank cardio in week 2 killed me.....it was just a bit too much all at once in my opinion....then I guess I guess we are supposed to push ourselves right?! lol I do find that I have to modify a couple of the exercises in week 3 though, like the ab hold......I truthfully just don't have long enough arms. And the bridge....same problem with short arms. It's all good though, I still enjoy it!

Today was my NMTZ day and it went well. I had to take a couple days off and found that I came back to that workout this morning feeling stronger, which was nice :)
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 done this morning followed by elliptical (as usual...lol).

Week 4 doesn't seem quite as hard as week 3 but I think that is only because my triceps were so sore doing week 3. I still worked up a good sweat doing week 4 anyway so it's all good.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I finished RI30 this morning! So proud of myself. I've never followed through on something like this, and I'm really proud of myself. I know I saw progress (pictures) midway through and am hoping to see more with the after photos. I haven't lost any pounds (don't care) and didn't measure so I'm just using pictures to see results.

Next week I am going to switch to a combo of BFBM & NMTZ an possibly some pilates in there. Keep up the good work, girls!
  • I finished RI30 this morning! So proud of myself. I've never followed through on something like this, and I'm really proud of myself. I know I saw progress (pictures) midway through and am hoping to see more with the after photos. I haven't lost any pounds (don't care) and didn't measure so I'm just using pictures to see results.

Next week I am going to switch to a combo of BFBM & NMTZ an possibly some pilates in there. Keep up the good work, girls!

Wow WTG!!!! You should be proud of yourself =] & thats awesome that your continuing to do more workouts woot woot!!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Not quite starting over, but doing 2 days of week 1, then 2 of week 2 to make sure I'm up to going for week 3 again now that I'm better.
    I swear every time I hit week 3 I get sick..
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I finished RI30 this morning! So proud of myself. I've never followed through on something like this, and I'm really proud of myself. I know I saw progress (pictures) midway through and am hoping to see more with the after photos. I haven't lost any pounds (don't care) and didn't measure so I'm just using pictures to see results.

Way to go! That's awesome - I'll be starting week 4 next week so hopefully I'll be able to join you in the "I did it!" club!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options

Good job! A BFBM & NMTZ combo will be killer! I love both of those workouts....but they are LONG lol Luckily it goes by fast.....love her circuit training! Keep us posted :)
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Day 2 Week 4 done and my elliptical...of course....lol. I know, boring huh? I love routine!

Be back tomorrow!
  • junipuni
    Options

Good job! A BFBM & NMTZ combo will be killer! I love both of those workouts....but they are LONG lol Luckily it goes by fast.....love her circuit training! Keep us posted :)
    Thanks! I've done the bfbm one before and remember feeling like I couldn't get through it, but I did, and I'm in much better shape now. But, since they are longer, I am going to do each of them once a week. I think what I have decided is that I'm going to do my pilates DVD on Mondays and Fridays, and then incorporate some kind of strength training on those days. Tuesday and Thursday I am going to do the bfbm & nmtz videos - not both but rotate. Wednesday, saturday and sunday are going to be rest days. Saturday won't really be a rest day because we do a lot of yard work or other active things as a family. Plus, I do walks at night with the dog so I will still be quite active.
  • junipuni
    Options

Way to go! That's awesome - I'll be starting week 4 next week so hopefully I'll be able to join you in the "I did it!" club!
    That's great! Honestly, with the exception of a couple of moves, I really liked level 4. The scissor kicks were hard for me to do as well as the chataranga (sp?) push ups.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Summary of what I did for the week:
    2 days of RI30 (Level 1)
    1 day of Zumba
    1 day of 30 day shred (level 1)
    1 rest day
    1 day NMTZ and HIIT

Hmm... I'm missing a day somewhere! I"ll have to see what I come up with for this week. I'm loving all the Jillian love though - its nice to be in good company!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options

Thanks! I've done the bfbm one before and remember feeling like I couldn't get through it, but I did, and I'm in much better shape now. But, since they are longer, I am going to do each of them once a week. I think what I have decided is that I'm going to do my pilates DVD on Mondays and Fridays, and then incorporate some kind of strength training on those days. Tuesday and Thursday I am going to do the bfbm & nmtz videos - not both but rotate. Wednesday, saturday and sunday are going to be rest days. Saturday won't really be a rest day because we do a lot of yard work or other active things as a family. Plus, I do walks at night with the dog so I will still be quite active.

Yeah, I only do NMTZ 2/week because of the length. I love that it is a full body strength workout though, so it's totally worth it! I have to find a place for BFBM.....my daughter begged me to do it tonight so we did about 30 min of it and I forgot how killer it is lol
  • Day 2 Week 4 done and my elliptical...of course....lol. I know, boring huh? I love routine!

Be back tomorrow!

Never boring =]