Ladies; what are you looking for in a Man?

Options
vade43113
vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
The reverse was asked, so now I ask it this way.... Not that I care, I know I am to be alone for all days... but, I am sure there is some guys out there that does.

So, Ladies, enlighten the men... what are you looking for?

Replies

• Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    A guy who will not lie and keep secrets. And not string someone along. I think communication is key. For me a guy doesn't have to be a romantic, pillow-talk kind of person. But a guy who can express his emotions and talk and maybe surprise me with some romance once in awhile, that's pretty cool :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    He must have a good sense of humor/personality, want kids/marriage, and have goals career and personal wise.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    He must have a good sense of humor/personality, want kids/marriage, and have goals career and personal wise.
    Yes! I am big on having a five-year plan! I want marriage, but no kids though. But if he has kids, now that is different. :) I like children just don't know if I want any of my own.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    HE MUST NOT LOVE GOD ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE.
  • omobolade
    omobolade Posts: 3
    Options
    A guy who will support my goals and ambitions and take them as his own. A team player
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    I have been happily married for 12 years, and the thing that drew me to my husband is a sense of security. I knew that no matter what he would have my back! He would try his hardest to make things work, to get things done, and to stick it out!
    He drives me nuts on a regular basis, but he has always found a way to make sure our family is taken care of, and I never have to doubt that he loves our children and me.
    Other than that a really good sense of humor is always a real nice thing. It is nice to have a partner that can laugh at life, otherwise we take things too seriously and that causes all sorts of stupid stress.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I already have what I wanted in a man. He is a wonderful man of God. He is also someone I value and highly respect. And.... he treats me as if I am the most wonderful woman in the world... as if I am a queen. (Yep, I'm spoiled and I will be the first to admit it. But after almost 19 years of marriage....well... he is still awesome!:heart: )
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I have no specific type

A good personality, nice smile. And the important male parts.. :wink:
  • Cindylou321
    Options
    one that is capable of keeping his D$$$ in his pants and A%% out of jail would be a great start..
    one that makes my heart race just cause he exists..
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Honesty, humor, intelligence, and compassion. A desire to enjoy life and be of service to others. A willingness to go with the flow and the ability to stand his ground. Hard worker. A sense of adventure. A team player. A love and respect for nature. Someone who knows what he wants and has the motivation to go after it. Kindness. Trust worthy. Quiet confidence. That last quality I find super sexy!
  • Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    These are the qualities I value most: Good communication, humility, kindness, empathy, strong work ethic, active, open minded, calm. If a man has respect for himself, others, and the world around him, he's a great person who others will be drawn to. Just my two cents ;)
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I want a guy who is offbeat and not afraid to do what's right for him or us, instead of what society dictates is standard.

I want a guy who is kind and loving, but not afraid to put me in my place when I need it (which does, indeed happen).

I want a guy who loves zombies, good movies, and incredible music - and if they like to read, that's even better.

I want a guy who is willing to support himself, but will let me take care of him sometimes.
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I saw this after I commented on your post! But this proves my point exactly! Me thinks he doth protest too much!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    In a man
    Sense of humor, and the ability to laugh at themselves
    Integrity
    Kindness
    Faithfulness/Honesty
    Strong/Independent

Not essential but preferred :laugh:

No criminal background
    No serial killer tendencies
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good personality. Able to hold a conversation. Is independent and doesn't need to be around me every waking moment (personal time and each person having separate time with friends in important to me). If he has children from a prior relationship he must be responsible and be active in their lives, even if they don't live immediately nearby. Is financially responsible and hard-working. Is a "guy" (I grew up with very macho guys in my family, so I feel very uncomfortable with men who are too in touch with their feelings and cry). Doesn't do drugs, smoke and keeps alcohol use to a minimum. Is affectionate, has a healthy sexual appetite, and isn't selfish in bed (except for once in a while).
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    first is that i want want to be a great christian guy.
    two a great personitaly
    three to have fun and enjoy life
    four hold a great conversation
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    a heartbeat
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Someone who is ok with meaningless sex.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    a man that knows how to fix things, knows how to clean and/or clean up after himself, has a 'plan', ambitious...doesn't cheat, lie, steal, or snoop.

That's about it.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i think they want a guy with Chee-tos.

Chee-tos makes everything better...

and beer...

lots of beer.