Please guys don't try to pick up woman at Walmart (:

Options

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    It's wrong to pick up girls at Walmart because if I was looking for a date I'd be at a bar, or a club, or a concert. I would not be buying groceries. If some women like it, cool, but most are going to laugh and roll their eyes and 'I bet that's the kind of guy who asks out a hundred women a week with no discernible criteria. Stay away!'

Really? So the fact that I wouldn't touch a girl I met at a bar, club, or concert with YOUR hands...has no relevance?

I'd much rather meet an attractive woman at a grocery store...than at a bar.
    Guys are just supposed to know WHEN it is appropriate. They should never try and see if they have something in common. Don't hit on me at the gym...nope not the grocery store...I am at the library to READ...
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    It's wrong to pick up girls at Walmart because if I was looking for a date I'd be at a bar, or a club, or a concert. I would not be buying groceries. If some women like it, cool, but most are going to laugh and roll their eyes and 'I bet that's the kind of guy who asks out a hundred women a week with no discernible criteria. Stay away!'

Really? So the fact that I wouldn't touch a girl I met at a bar, club, or concert with YOUR hands...has no relevance?

Yeah, but Walmart????
    I like muffins
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I don't see an issue with him approaching you. You weren't wearing a wedding band, and therefore appeared to be single. His approach was friendly. For all you know he honestly wanted to talk about lifting.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Once when I was paying for some stuff at Target (and I was with my MOM) some loser in a button down shirt and fedora drenched in cologne circled me and whistled.

I immediately siezed the oppertunity and broke out one of my favorite quotes from Clueless (slightly paraphrased I admit)

"What's with you guy? You think the death of Sammy Davis jr left an opening in the rat pack?"
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I would've understood if you had the kid with you, then it would be a creepy.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    OMG! - I am crying....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd be careful about clicking the link... My virus software alerted me that when I clicked on this website an attempt to attack my computer was blocked...
    It was worth the hack risk.
    Seriously, this was a museum of societal decay.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    love it! i had a man try to pick me up in walmart a few weeks ago.. asking my opinion on juice? could not excape him.. every isle.. there he was..

even leaving... he was near my car..

funny-cat-pictures-hey-i-just-pet-you-and-this-is-crazy.jpg

Holy f bomb. that song has been stuck in my head for 2 days!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Yes, because a bar is a much better place to meet a quality guy....and quite possibly pick up some quality STD's.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Yeah, but Walmart????

It's a store. True that the possibilities of him having crazy eye are a bit higher, but ya know wha? The fact that he has the opportunity to try to pick you up in Walmart means YOU'RE IN WALMART TOO! So sorry to break it to you sister, but you're not in a place to look down on him based on where he shops.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've been in the local ( 25 miles away ) Wal-mart with my 2 boys, and have been checked for a wedding ring lots of times!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Don't pick up women at Wal-Mart.... hmmm.... I think I can manage...
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My sister's ex-fiance told us once that he used to go to pick girls up at Wal Mart all the time. I'm pretty sure my sister didn't meet him there ...

That said, the town I'm from is that kind of place. Guys go pretty much anywhere to pick up on girls, most notably Wal Mart and the two "clubs" in town. Lots and lots of meeting over Facebook, as well.

I don't think there's any problem with picking up on someone at Wal Mart; I flirt with girls at the store frequently but I can't possibly fathom actually trying to pick a girl up. I don't know how I would go about it. I can't really say "Hey, wanna go check out my book/vhs collection?" (man, those lines actually work at a bar in some places) or something asinine ... haha.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    lol i love it thanks for the advice and the laugh...
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was genuinely interested in the lifting, or just surprised that he found a woman who lifts. Maybe he just wanted some advice, but then you scared him away with your response, when he realized you thought he was hitting on you and he was embarrassed. Some people just like to chat in the store, like me. :-P
  • comeon_skinnylove
    Options
    I would honestly love if a guy tried to pick me up like this lol nothing wrong with some fitness bonding :) except just not at Walmart...
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    lol first nothing creepy bout simply someone talking to you, second you can meet your mate anywhere- and I mean anywhere. Third, I work at a walmart- now Im overnight so dont get to see the full barrage of lunatics but still see lots of various folks. People ranging from high intelligence to I can't believe he or she can tie their shoes. Forth he took the fact you had a kid as you were prolly taken. What you want out of life is what you put in. I dont sleep around so I let folks know that right from the getgo- if he sticks around and we have alot in common I consider him.
    I find nothing wrong with his approach, his location or his exit but he should have atleast said well have a good day on leaving
    ttfn
    Kimmy
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i would have said "i lift dead bodies, and drag them into lakes" that would have scared him off for sure!
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    But it is Walmart you can seriously pick anything up there. From under ware to steaks and even love!!!

I highly dislike Walmart...... *sigh*
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    I frequently shop at Target. Please men, don't hestitate to pick me up, carry me out the door & throw me in the bed of your truck.
  • EricNYC646
    EricNYC646 Posts: 10
    Options
    I frequently shop at Target. Please men, don't hestitate to pick me up, carry me out the door & throw me in the bed or your truck.

I guess you are the the bull's eye at Target. :-)