Too many calories can get in the way of weight loss.

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    But only if you eat them after 7pm.......that's right isn't it?

If you eat after 7 PM your muscles will fall off. But that's okay, because girls should not have muscles.

I looked at a 2lb dumbell today...so I am so going to have them by tomorrow :tongue:

OMG, you will be sooooo bulky!!

Never ever look at weights directly (jeez though everyone knew this) or your fat will turn to muscle instantl and you will get bulky. Use a mirror and only look at their reflection.
    Weights don't have reflections, they're like vampires.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

If you eat after 7 PM your muscles will fall off. But that's okay, because girls should not have muscles.

I looked at a 2lb dumbell today...so I am so going to have them by tomorrow :tongue:

Never ever look at weights directly (jeez though everyone knew this) or your fat will turn to muscle instantl and you will get bulky. Use a mirror and only look at their reflection.

So I should eat lots of garlic?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Maybe...

I'm skeptical.

Ooh, but I can lose fat without losing weight! ha HA! What now?!

Wait.

You mean that there's a difference between fat loss and weight loss.

Shut up...

Saying shut up is not nice...the Kindergardeners of MFP will report you!

Oh, I see the issue here. You are mistaking me for someone nice *shudder*

And they can go ahead and report...my *kitten*.

Yeah, I said it. Someone had to say it.

My *kitten*!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

OMG what the hell have I been looking at in the gym then?

Oh no, hang on, I was in Toys R Us <phew> toys have reflections right?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Tae bo.

Now the thread is complete.

You're welcome.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    While I agree with the principle of that statement, it is pretty general and not really helpful. Numbers are specific and would tell the tale better. When overweight or obese people need to lose weight - a temporary state of affairs IF they focus and keep discipline and slight deprivation for the period of time to get the excess off - they need to cut calories AND carbs and stay within a narrow range for their height. Once the excess is off, they can begin to slowly, slowly and consciously, consciously add back a few calories and carbs every week until they are at their maintenance level.

-Debra
    Another myth! Thank you for your contribution.

Myth??...Funny because thousands of people have successfully lost weight doing it this way and was successful at keeping it off!;) :flowerforyou:
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options

BTW I believe weight loss only works if you ask a leprechaun to dance around you three times while chanting "ye can't have me lucky charms"

Do you have a spare leprechaun I can borrow?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    While I agree with the principle of that statement, it is pretty general and not really helpful. Numbers are specific and would tell the tale better. When overweight or obese people need to lose weight - a temporary state of affairs IF they focus and keep discipline and slight deprivation for the period of time to get the excess off - they need to cut calories AND carbs and stay within a narrow range for their height. Once the excess is off, they can begin to slowly, slowly and consciously, consciously add back a few calories and carbs every week until they are at their maintenance level.

-Debra

Myth??...Funny because thousands of people have successfully lost weight doing it this way and was successful at keeping it off!;) :flowerforyou:
    And MILLIONS of people have done it without reducing carbs. Hence, myth. It's about calories, carbs are irrelevant.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

-Debra

Oh, I doubt anyone would deny that it would work. It is certainly one approach which can get very good results.

However, it is not the only plan which will work or may not even be the most suitable plan depending on the individuals particular strengths or weakness (especially psychological rather than physiological.)

If you look at the heart of the matter the only thing physiologically that is needed is a suitable calorie deficit and dietary adherence (consistency, patience and time). Not carb cutting or any arbitrary restricting of any other macronutrient.

The psychological component (which is a big part of dieting for many people) is where it starts getting tricky...
  • kathym59
    kathym59 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm glad somebody knows what they're talking about!!
  • l3rob
    l3rob Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I read on another thread that different color vegetables are good for different systems in your body. It's sounds real smart so it must be true. If I eat all white stuff I'll be ok right? Cos I 'member from science class that white light is really a mixture of all the colors, & my science teacher was real smart too, 'specially when he used to do those puppet shows for me in the janitor's closet.

Wait, what was the question?

OMg, I just spit on my computer screen from laughing so hard.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Maybe...

I'm skeptical.

Ooh, but I can lose fat without losing weight! ha HA! What now?!

Wait.

You mean that there's a difference between fat loss and weight loss.

Shut up...

Saying shut up is not nice...the Kindergardeners of MFP will report you!

Oh, I see the issue here. You are mistaking me for someone nice *shudder*

And they can go ahead and report...my *kitten*.

Yeah, I said it. Someone had to say it.

My *kitten*!

*giggle* He said '*kitten*' *giggle*
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    how many calories do i need to eat to turn my fat into muscle? or do i need an alchemist?
    Alchemists only work for metals. For turning fat into muscle (or water into wine) you need a certified messiah. You can look for one in your Yellow Pages.

It's true, I read it in a fitness magazine.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

-Debra

Oh, I doubt anyone would deny that it would work. It is certainly one approach which can get very good results.

However, it is not the only plan which will work or may not even be the most suitable plan depending on the individuals particular strengths or weakness (especially psychological rather than physiological.)

If you look at the heart of the matter the only thing physiologically that is needed is a suitable calorie deficit and dietary adherence (consistency, patience and time). Not carb cutting or any arbitrary restricting of any other macronutrient.

The psychological component (which is a big part of dieting for many people) is where it starts getting tricky...

I agree with you here!:) Totally agree. It just gets under my skin when people call a certain way to lose weight a myth or say that it doesnt work. There are many paths to weight lose, and many ways! Some methods work for some whereas it wouldnt work for another person. You just have to find the way that works for you, your body and your life. Just because one method doesnt work for me, Im not going to go out and say that this method doesnt work or is a myth because thats not true. Its dodnt work for ME, therefor as long as its a healthy way I will support any and all methods regardless of if it worked for me.

~Carrie~
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options

BTW I believe weight loss only works if you ask a leprechaun to dance around you three times while chanting "ye can't have me lucky charms"

Do you have a spare leprechaun I can borrow?
    Well people are always after their lucky charms. All that running around burns calories you know?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options

-Debra

Le grands heartfelt French accented sigh....

Besides...everyone knows all ya need is a low crab diet prescribed by a leprechaun wizard.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I agree with you here!:) Totally agree. It just gets under my skin when people call a certain way to lose weight a myth or say that it doesnt work. There are many paths to weight lose, and many ways! Some methods work for some whereas it wouldnt work for another person. You just have to find the way that works for you, your body and your life. Just because one method doesnt work for me, Im not going to go out and say that this method doesnt work or is a myth because thats not true. Its dodnt work for ME, therefor as long as its a healthy way I will support any and all methods regardless of if it worked for me.

~Carrie~
    I stated it was a myth because the person I quoted said you need to eat low carb - which IS a myth :)
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    2 words: BACON DONUT :love: :laugh: :smooched:

-thread closed-
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    2 words: BACON DONUT :love: :laugh: :smooched:

-thread closed-

I love you!
  • megsmom2