what do u use to get over your chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of chocolate ice cream.

Then WALK AWAY FROM THE REFRIGERATOR.

I'm not into deprivation. There's not that many calories in it.
  • Tsunamies
    Tsunamies Posts: 4
    Options
    From what im told...you dont have to cut it out... just have to limit it... down to a size that will just satisfy your taste buds... and im pretty sure a glass of water will ease the hunger pain :)
  • nailqueen74
    nailqueen74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    fruit and yogurt
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I use chocolate calcium chews and it does the trick for me for the most part.
  • ScottRy76
    ScottRy76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do a search for KaraLeigh83 on you tube she has a nice HEALTHY Chocolate milkshake and even chocolate ice cream recipes as well
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i eat about 10-12 chocolate chips (dark chocolate preferred) with about 5-7 dry roasted unsalted almonds. tastes like indulgent trail mix! you get your chocolate fix, healthy fat, and even some protein. boom! problem solved!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I usually have a square of dark chocolate with some peanut butter on top. Keeps me from Reese's king size packs and the one little square tastes better anyway. Always satisfies my chocolate cravings and it allows me to focus on other things. XD
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology gets me over my chocolate and ice cream cravings and gives me super foods, amino acids, protein and a full day's worth of veggies, stamina, energy and is all natural and no refined sugar. And a square of dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao) per day...
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    chocolate slim fast shake helps me
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    *good* chocolate curbs a craving in a much smaller portion that cheap hershey's chocolate. That's my suggestion, however, I'm not actually into most chocolates so my cravings are few and far between and never very strong.
  • xngh19
    xngh19 Posts: 1
    Options
    Russell Stover Sugar Free chocolates. I buy mine at WalMart for 1.50 a bag.....tastes great and stops the craving...
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    ummmmm i usually use chocolate to get over my chocolate cravings, lol!
    but those 100cal chocolate covered Thinsations packs are really f'n good. still have sugar, but whever, cant have everything, lol. and if i opened a bag of chocolate chips or anything else id be sitting till the bag was gone, or id close it up and walk back 10min late, open it and eat more, put it back *repeat. portion controll is not my thing. if i give myself a little bit, i end up taking alot. cant even bake in this house anymore.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Russell Stover Sugar Free chocolates. I buy mine at WalMart for 1.50 a bag.....tastes great and stops the craving...

these are good, but extremely carb heavy!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Endangered Species dark chocolate with cacao nibs! :)

If you treat yourself to some real, good chocolate sometimes, the cravings shouldn't be as bad.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am loving these responses. I am not a chocoholic by any means, but when that craving hits I usually eat a few squares of Dove Dark Chocolate. So yummy! I like the ones with Almond too!!! I also like these Dark Chocolate Cocoa-powder covered almonds. I think the brand is Emerald? They hit the spot too!
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I only like dark chocolate, so when I'm having a chocolate craving I...EAT CHOCOLATE! :)
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered cherries. So sweet you don't need a lot of them. I like a really good quality dark chocolate because the better the flavor, the less you crave. It hits the spot faster I guess. Ghiradelli's peppermint bark is a favorite too.
  • daniellepants
    Options
    Maybe a few chocolate chips? 30 pieces are usually 70 calories. That helps me when I crave chocolate. Or Luna bars, like the chocolate coconut one. It's so chocolatey that it makes me not want to have chocolate for the rest of the day! c:
  • livelongmama
    livelongmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I understand about LOVING chocolate because I am right there with you, but my eating habits have got to be sustainable. I will never cut chocolate out of my diet, it just wouldn't work for me. If you know you can have a little bit of chocolate every day, maybe you won't feel the need to eat lots of it, just look forward to having more tomorrow. :) Works for me (most days!).

I eat a square of Trader Joe's 72% Swiss Chocolate. It is vegan and only 60 calories per square. Another great option is Wax Orchards Fat Free Fudge Sauce. Vegan, only 45 calories per tablespoon, and fruit sweetened. It is so intense, you don't need any more than that. Good luck!!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    If I want chocolate I'll just have a small handful of chocolate chips or a square of good dark chocolate.