*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in June *

Options

Replies

• pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    8.3, 9 and 8.5 miles thees past three days.

exercise.png
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    14 miles this week, bringing the total up to 34 miles for June.

exercise.png

00-2011-12-Trophy.PNG
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    M - 6.1
    T - 10.1
    W - 5.1

H - 12

WTD - 33.3
    MTD - 113

Will take the next two days off. Had a spinal tap today to test fluid for neuro Lyme.

F - Rest
    S - Rest
    S - 6.3

WTD - 39.6
    MTD - 119.3
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    20.3 miles for me for the week. Wont be doing much this week - maybe 10kms tomorrow. I have a half marathon on Sunday so I am taking it easy. I have a couple of other commitments (aerobics and spin) which will keep me active without putting pressure on my joints and legs too badly!
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    6 miles yesterday (6/23) and 10 miles today(6/24) - 51 for the month. Should be able to get in 19 more before the end of the month!
  • jeffrey2584
    jeffrey2584 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Week 4 was interfered with by travel to Little Rock, AR for the ATA Taekwondo World Championships and the very high heat there. But I still got a few runs in...

Week 1 Total: 9.4 Miles
    Week 2 Total: 13.3 Miles
    Week 3 Total: 19.6 Miles

Week 4:
    6/20: 4.6 miles
    6/21: 4.0 miles
    6/22: 4.3 miles

Total for Week 4: 12.9 miles
    Total for Month to Date: 55.2 Miles

My HM training schedule still has me running another 18 miles before next Saturday... so I MIGHT still squeak by with my goal for the month - I know if I get to 73 miles, it will be hard to NOT run an extra 2.

Ted
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ran a 10K race yesterday (got a new PB, yay!), 46 miles for the month!
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    6/23 4 miles

6/25 4 miles

MTD: 29.4
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    3 miles
    89 miles total for the month
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Frustrating weekend, with my husband out of town and a sick child. She slept better last night so I am hoping to lace up tomorrow morning and get a run in, should be able to get in a mile today though during swim lessons.
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    4 miles today, 129.7 for the month.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    6-24-12.... 2.67 mi
    6-25-12.... 6.57 mi

exercise.png
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    3.25 mile run in 35:35, Avg Pace 10:57, Splits 11:39 - 10:44 - 10:24 - last 0.25 miles in 2:48(11:12mm), 78F, DP 73F, off and on drizzle, wind 20mph and gusting higher.

Based on my new 5k PR from this weekend, my Mcmillan training paces changed to faster times.

Recovery: 11:26 - 11:56
    Long Run: 10:26 - 11:26
    Easy Run: 10:26 - 10:56

This was supposed to be an easy run, close enough I guess, lol. Will take time for me to get used to the faster paces.

Debby was kind enough to time the squalls around my running after work. So, while it was still windy, I didn't have to deal with heavy rain and severe storms. The first mile was rough for me, legs felt dead and very tight. I reminded myself that I usually loosen up and feel better after warming up a bit. It worked, I was starting to get into the groove and loosen up, then I got out of my Apartment's parking lot and onto the sidewalk by the street and turned into a 20mph headwind with gusts, lol. I didn't get out of that till shortly before the start of the 2nd mile when I made another left onto a more sheltered street. So, between my rough legs at the start, and the headwind later, the first split was pretty slow compared to the rest of the times.

Lots of debris from the storms, small branches mostly and a few medium sized ones. It wasn't on my running route, but when I walked to work after lunch earlier in the day, I came across a tree that had been blown over and completely blocked the sidewalk. Didn't see much wildlife, they were probably hunkering down somewhere. Did see another guy though that gave me a thumbs up as I ran by :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options

Based on my new 5k PR from this weekend, my Mcmillan training paces changed to faster times.

Recovery: 11:26 - 11:56
    Long Run: 10:26 - 11:26
    Easy Run: 10:26 - 10:56

This was supposed to be an easy run, close enough I guess, lol. Will take time for me to get used to the faster paces.

Those paces are guidelines. Don't feel like you have to push that pace down to what McMillan says. I think it's more important to make sure you are not running faster than those paces than anything else. I little slower is not going to hurt your fitness. If a little slower pace feels right, run it. Listen to what your body tells you.
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hallelujah!! THe kids slept through the night!!!! I got up and was out the door by 5:20, and it felt so good to be out running (jogging actually) not that fast yet. Went a total of 4 1/2 miles, and finished my first in 14:40- my best time ever for a mile. Managed to keep the rest at around 15 min pace. Legs, are a little sore but swim lessons are in a couple hours for the kids and I can walk around and stretch them out a bit more then

Total for the month- 12 1/2
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Those paces are guidelines. Don't feel like you have to push that pace down to what McMillan says. I think it's more important to make sure you are not running faster than those paces than anything else. I little slower is not going to hurt your fitness. If a little slower pace feels right, run it. Listen to what your body tells you.

Good point!
  • j_courter
    Options
    Ran a 10K race yesterday (got a new PB, yay!), 46 miles for the month!

fabulous job! don't you love a good pb? :-)
  • j_courter
    Options

Debby was kind enough to time the squalls around my running after work. So, while it was still windy, I didn't have to deal with heavy rain and severe storms. The first mile was rough for me, legs felt dead and very tight. I reminded myself that I usually loosen up and feel better after warming up a bit. It worked, I was starting to get into the groove and loosen up, then I got out of my Apartment's parking lot and onto the sidewalk by the street and turned into a 20mph headwind with gusts, lol. I didn't get out of that till shortly before the start of the 2nd mile when I made another left onto a more sheltered street. So, between my rough legs at the start, and the headwind later, the first split was pretty slow compared to the rest of the times.

Lots of debris from the storms, small branches mostly and a few medium sized ones. It wasn't on my running route, but when I walked to work after lunch earlier in the day, I came across a tree that had been blown over and completely blocked the sidewalk. Didn't see much wildlife, they were probably hunkering down somewhere. Did see another guy though that gave me a thumbs up as I ran by :)

stay safe!
  • Kwika
    Kwika Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been injured for a couple weeks and that's why I haven't posted but I'm back at it and I want to let you know that on Sun June 24, I did 3 miles. Today Tues, June 26, I did 3 miles.