WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2012

Options

Replies

• jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It is Sunday and going to be a warm day in Sunny Calif. Have a bridal Shower today, I know it is Mexican food and my DIL sister makes the best cupcakes ever....SO much for that 1 lb drop finally this morning on the stupid scale. I am trying to go low carb for a week, but why is it when I do want to do the no bread etc, I want a sandwich, or pizza or pasta.....Mind is hard to retrain.

Have a good week move and drink (water) not just wine:drinker:

Sherry
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow Jb that pie looks good! I have had strawberry pie like that but never tought of having raspberries that way , may have to try it.:bigsmile:

laniv : hang is there you can do it, sounds like you are starting off on a good foot , planing is a whole lot of it and then the determination to carry it out. We will cheer you on and be here with what ever help we can.:happy:

jaks97: I know what you mean , that's is how it is for me to, but once you get over it then it becomes a little easier. remember low carb not no carb. try having one thing as a meal with a salad and eat light or no carb for the other 2 meals and then you will not feel as deprived. and enjoy! :wink:
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies............

I've logged the food but struggled with the exercise!!
    Just where does ...60 minutes of ....Extreme Twins cuddling" :heart: :heart: ....fit in to the scheme of things!!"!
    I added an hour of cooking but I'm still over my days quota having fed the family and me too!!
    :noway: Must get out that "Mouth tape" for when the munchies sing their siren song from the kitchen tonight!!

:happy: I'm lending a helping hand to take said twins to the clinic tomorrow .....I wonder if things have changed since my two were babies!!
    The huge wooden rocking horse in the corner, the bottles of that lovely orange juice concentrate and the queue to get the little darlings weighed..............I'll let you know!!

Anyway ......off to start working out clothes for next weekend. Warm and woolly or ...light and frilly. Both methinks!!!

BFN
    :flowerforyou: Jackie
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Update on the Paint situation and the HOA, we caved and decided to go with another paint color and finally got that approved, I just didn't want to fight anymore with those @#$%^&*()(*&^%$@#$ people!!!!!!!!! I think after all is said and done DH will most definitely write a letter but honestly they wore me down and I just couldn't take it anymore so we went with another color and I don't speak to any of them anymore, its all in emails :explode:

But at least we start painting July 9th YAY!!! Some people are just on a total power trip :smokin:

Happy Sunday Lovies :heart: :heart:

Love
    Kat
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome all the new people.Took awhile to read all the posts.
    Dr has been upping the wt for the knee machines to build up tolerance and strength.
    I did ok with 35 lbs,50 was a killer and my knee is throbbing today.
    Went to the pool,since it was in the 90`s and cooled off and walked in the pool for awhile.
    Have a good rest of.the week-end.
    HUGS
    jane
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good evening ladies, I'm back. :smile: and boy am I exhausted. It took me 4 hours to get home from my Brother's today due to an accident to the Bay Bridge. I got home and my DH had landscaped my yard. According to my neighbors (who happen to be DH's cousins) he worked day and night (when he wasn't at work) getting the yard beautiful for my birthday .:flowerforyou: Got up early this morning and rode an hour with my brother, sister in-law and nephew to a huge flea market in PA. :smile: It was the biggest flea market I have ever seen. It took us an hour and a half to walk half of it. If it wasn't so far away I would love to go every weekend, what a great workout walking up and down the hills and aisles.:smile:

:heart: I want to thank every one for their thoughts and prayers, it really does mean alot to have all of your support. Matthew is home and recuperating comfortably. I will keep everyone up to date as to his next surgery, which is on July 24th.

:wink: Michelle, my husband (and family) drive me crazy too. He does most of the cooking during the week and is always cooking things I can't or don't want to eat and then he get's an attittude cause I tell him "did you forget I am on a diet and can't eat that" I went to a graduation party yesterday and everyone knows I am on a diet and they kept putting salads loaded with mayo on my plate or trying to feed me food with seeds in it ( I have diviticulitus) like sausage with fennel seeds, potato salad with celery seeds and a salad made with tomatoes, cucumbers and corn. I just kept reminding them and scraping it off my plate. Didn't want to offend anyone but they need to respect what I am trying to do and let ME manage what I eat.
    Think I will get a shower and go to bed. Back to work tomorrow and play catch up for taking off last week.
    :heart: Love ((((Hugs))) and prayers, Rose
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • laniv
    laniv Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First day of new eating plan (I don't want to call it a "diet"). I stayed within my calorie limit. Tomorrow I'm cleaning out my classroom, biking 45 minutes (unless it rains), and then heading into NYC for an evening with my husband. I've already checked the menu for dinner, and planned out what I'll eat. So far, so good.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Home from out first cruise. The cruise to nowhere was fantastic. I want to go again. We sailed for about 15 hours south of Sydney anchored off shore for 24 hours then sailed home again. Not having ever been on a cruise ship, we were constantly amazed. So many activities, so much food (and it was good), the gym was beautiful and I used it both days. Even went to an early morning stretch class. With the fantastic views from the gym why wouldn't you use it. We were late departing due to bad weather, so that made me a bit anxious and it was rough that first night but thankfully it cleared to crystal blue sunny days although cold. its winter down here. Unbeknown to us this cruise, a comedy cruise, the shows were great is also know as a booze cruise. My daughter and I did enjoy a couple of cocktails each night but that was it. We preferred to be up early and see the glorious sunrise each day. Not just going to bed at sunrise or passed out. Still swaying a bit, can't waiting to find my land legs. Feel refreshed and motivated. I did eat more then I burned each day but it was worth it.

Will catch up on all your posts.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Viv and everyone else who commented on the fact that Vince comments on my eating. I just feel "yuk" when I have a lot of fats and lately sugars, too. Yup, the garlic press and I have gotten to be REAL good friends. Same with the food processor, we're almost inseparable. Kat - sometimes I'm just so grateful that we live in NC and Denise is in PA. Then again, she may not realize it, but she really does help me to exercise. Exercise (for me at least) relieves frustration and calms my nerves. Viv - any kind of breading on something, Vince takes it off. Many times he doesn't even ask what's in it, he just takes it off. Fresh spices? they don't go over at all. I made something one time (I don't remember what it was) and I used the dried spices. He ate it. The next time I used the fresh spices, he thought it had a terrible taste. Well, I guess he's just so used to processed foods that something fresh is totally foreign to him. I would never say this to him, but I understand his mother wasn't much of a cook, his father even mentioned it. Her idea of spices was salt, pepper and ketchup. kackie - yes, it IS great to have some place to vent where people don't try to change you.

Viv - my weight is ALWAYS up in the evening. Never ever fails. The next morning I can be as much as 3 lbs lighter

Miss my mimi

Rose - I feel for you. I hate when I get into those situations, especially when you're real hungry and the only thing to eat has lots of mayo etc on it. Honestly, to me, I'd much rather have a nice piece of fruit for dessert. Bet you did well under the circumstances.

kackie - so sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope it goes away quickly

Did an hour of pilates DVD today. Tomorrow I'll do some yoga and then take the extreme pump class. I'm going to use the yoga on My Fitness Coach for the Wii, looks like you can adjust the time, 15min, 30min, 1hr even 1-1/2hr. As I recall, basically for the different times, what they do is have you do the pose for longer to make up the time (did I explain myself?) or else they repeat sequences. As I recall, too, the instructions weren't all that great. But I'll give it another go. Decided that the next time I'm going to do pilates, I'll do the "Fit in Six" on the Wii. It's something like 28 minutes long so I can maybe do it twice, or else I can do the DVD that I did today. Today's was 30 minutes long so I did it twice to make it an hour.

Had to go to WalMart today and just couldn't pass up the sample of cookie. Why am I doing this? Well, what I need to start doing (and will) is having the sample, but only having like 1/2 of the cookie. Wean myself off the samples. That's what I did before and eventually had no desire for samples.

You know, I enter all of my food under one heading (in this case the "snacks") and I don't really know what to put under "lunch". So it's not that I skipped the meal, I just don't know which foods to put there.

Yippee, horray, yahoo Jessica asked me to make her magic cookie bars, which I did. I ALWAYS have a hard time not having them. So I just manage by not making them. But she left and I gave her all that there was. She thought I should keep some "for my company" (we're having people here Wednesday) but I gave them all to her. Out of my freezer, out of my house, that's good.

Jen - your cruise sounds FANTASTIC! I'm so jealous. Sounds like you had a great time, I'm so happy for you.

Well, here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: When Jake's 16 year old son came to live with us, one of the rules I made was that no one was allowed to comment on anyone else's food choices.....it was the best rule I ever made.

:drinker: no time to post but I can't go to bed without checking in with all of you.....you are always on my mind

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington where it stopped raining long enough for me to work in the yard for over an hour :bigsmile:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I want in! Since starting my goal was to just do this get start and stick it out. Make healthy choices on food. which I have my goal for the rest of June is : to continue make healthy food choices, 2 add low impact sweatin to the oldies 3 days, walk for 4o minutes 4 days a week. This is new for me i have been pretty much sitting on my butt for many years. so this is my goal for june.
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Hi Lovies!
    Had to share a yummy dessert I made tonight
    Take a Vitalicious Muffin Top (I used Chocolate), cut it in half, I did this when it was still frozen, it was easier, cover each side with Cool Whip Free and put fresh raspberries on one side then put the other side on top like a Whoppie Pie and freeze for about an hour and EAT!!!! They are YUMMIE!!!!!!

You can use any kind of berry or even bananas! Whatever you like, each muffin top is 100 calories and the cool whip is about 40 calories and berries are about 10 calories I think...enjoy :bigsmile:

Love Kat :heart: :heart:
  • richmondlady
    richmondlady Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MJegg---If you get fitbit, I suggest getting a "safety leash for pedometer" (under $1.00 on Amazon). That fitbit can drop off in the most unusual places! ...like toliet potential....(I wear mine on my waist.). I think you'll really like it!

Kathyszoo: RE-Body Hunger Chews with Satiereal Saffron... on Amazon for the Dr Oz recommended appetitie suppressant.

Good night!
  • sizzy6
    sizzy6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, I am a new member and have just read all your posts, your inspiration is amazing, I know June is all but over, but we have July to follow and hopefully by then I will be well on my way to shedding my excess pounds. Just like to say to you all keep up the good work!
  • hazelohoheight
    hazelohoheight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, my photo was taken in the painted desert in northern Arizona last spring. My husband and I did a road trip...
    Thanks for the encouragement. I have had a hard time navigating around this site, but I think I am getting the hang of it now. I need all the help and tools I can get. Last year I lost 23 pounds (it was a start) and I have gained back all but 3 of it...I don't want to do that again,,,
  • lamadre1
    lamadre1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new here too. I'm 59 and just retired. Keep weight off is a life time battle for me. Weight Watchers helped a number of years ago, but not so much lately so I'm trying MFP and so far like it a lot. My first goal of retirement is to make the changes in my life to help me get back in shape, more exercise and keeping track of what I'm having to eat. I love reading the posts here. I'm going to need the support as I work through this. I'm excited one week and 3 pounds gone!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'd like to just stop by and read your posts from time to time. Someone told me not to join more than one group here on MFP. I don't know, you ladies sound soooo interesting! Hope everyone has an excellent week. :flowerforyou:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    5 days post-op and feeling more like myself than in months. Dr has me on a low-fat dairy free diet. So far food has been sitting well. Now that all the surgical drugs and gasses are out of my system, it is time to start from scratch with an exercise routine. Since its been so long since I have had energy for anything I am going to wear my pedometer today and see how many steps I take.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hi SuzyQ: So glad to see you here and know how you are doing! Glad your surgery is behind you and hoping you feel better and better each day! Take care:flowerforyou:

Newbies: SO glad you found us! Welcome and look forward to getting to know more about you!

Off to jump in the shower. I walked to the community dock to "warm up" for my 30 day shred workout DVD...the heavens opened and my "WALk" turned into a "RUN":tongue::tongue: :tongue: AND I got a good soaking. Too bad I didn't have on my HRM...I am sure that's the fastest I've moved in a very long time!:laugh:

Have a great week everyone!
    :heart: Kackie
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Monday Morning All,

Only time to say HI and hope everyone had a good weekend. It will take me most of the day to get caught up as there are 2.5 pages but wanted to pop in and catch up.

Saturday we had the grandsons for the late afternoon and evening, so lowered the temp in the hot tub to bath water and we all played in there for about 2 hrs before dinner and then yard play followed with a few cartoons before Son #2 & DIL picked them up. It was DIL #30th birthday and grandson #3 is due in about 7 weeks so they don't get to go out much. He took her to dinner and a movie and they both look very refreshed after an evening out...where as hubby and I were totally whipped out:wink:

We had done our bike ride early in the morning before the heat got too much but the heat is here to stay for quite a bit. It looks like we will be in the low 100's for about 5 - 6 days in a row:glasses:

Yesterday we went to the Renaissance Festival and since it was supposed to be about 103 we didn't do any specific exercise before going. I decided I would try my best to eat good, had a pork chop on a stick (with no stick) and then a spinach pie, I managed to stay away from the Kettle Korn and all the other goodies that I would have Loved:love: and kept myself from telling hubby I wanted it...because he would have said yes to whatever I wanted. With all the walking up and down the small hills and sitting in the sun we drank lots of iced tea and lemonade..I stayed away from the hard lemonade...although I really wanted it:wink: just figured it would cause me to want more. Some how we managed to not get sunburned :glasses: thank goodness.

Well I have a lot to do here at the office. Everyone have a good day and I will catch up tomorrow with all of you.

Logging, Moving and Drinking:drinker: will get us to our goals...LET'S GO!

Laura80111:smile: