Physical activity you don't log????

Options
Inspired by the 'calories burned while standing thread'.........What Physical activities you don't log???? Even though you know they may have gone beyond your normal activity for the day.

! - yesterday my boyfriend literally spent 3 + hours at the Mall walking around, I didn't log any of it
2 - vacumning, sweeping, grocery shopping, laundry
3 - sex :blushing:

Replies

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My goals are set on a very sedentary lifestyle (for now) so I log everything that makes me sweat :happy:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I log is the exercise that requires me to put workout gear on and I acknowledge that what I am doing is purely for exercise purposes. Everything else that "may or may not" burn some extra cals is just considered a little bonus.

Edited to add:

So I don't log walking from my desk to the printer, standing, sex, eating, driving, sleeping, shopping, house-cleaning, etc.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I only log my running. Not walking, stretching, yoga, cleaning, sex, shopping, etc. Just running.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If I don't perform the activity specifically to burn calories, I don't bother logging it.
  • Stephie_lee
    Options
    We're renovating our basement right now and I haven't logged any of the hours spent insulating, dry walling or painting. I figure it will just balance out the calories that get neglected when I'm not 100% accurate in measuring my portions or when MFP calories are a little light with some of the items listed.
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    I only log things I do at the gym or when I get really intense into playing Dance Central =]

Everything else like cleaning or walking around stores etc. is just extra that I dont count on.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i dont log carrying around my daughter despite her making my arms so much stronger lol
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    cleaning, standing, walking to the kitchen, shopping, dealing with idiots who don't understand computers.

I take them as bonuses.
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I used to log sex until my profile became public!!!! It's a GREAT workout, we all should be logging it :o)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I log is the exercise that requires me to put workout gear on and I acknowledge that what I am doing is purely for exercise purposes. Everything else that "may or may not" burn some extra cals is just considered a little bonus.

Agree! One day I did log my house cleaning because it was 8 hours of heavy scrubbing and cleaning and I was so exhausted after all of it that I canned my scheduled workout. That said, I only logged 200 calories, just so that it did not put me in the red for the day because I refused to feel guilty about it.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Everything! Other than runs over 2 hours ;) I have my calories set higher (1,700) and just go with it
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't log any of it...I'd just be tempted to eat back the calories, which defeats the purpose.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I don't log things simply because I don't know how to classify them. I live in the country with about 1 acre of lawn to cut. I don't log that, or my gardening. How would that be rated? Also, when I chop firewood, how would you classify that?

When I walk to the corner and back (2 miles) I log that, but not the other stuff.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    3 - sex :blushing:

^This.
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I only log the time that I specifically set out for working out.
    Anything else like shopping, cleaning, cooking, amusement parks, chasing my spawn around, gardening and sex - that is all just life and I do not count any of it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't log any of it...I'd just be tempted to eat back the calories, which defeats the purpose.

Actually , that's not true. Unless you set up your goals manually w/ your TDEE info. Otherwise, the way MFP is set up is that if you don't exercise , you will still lose weight because it already gives you a deficit. If you exercise, you further increase that deficit to a possibly unhealthy level. If you follow how MFP is set up, you're supposed to eat your exercise cals back. You need to fuel your body. Food is fuel.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I don't log making trips up and down the stairs at work, even if they leave me winded.
    I don't log shopping, because the speed I move is negligible, especially when I have to stop to read nutrition info.
    I don't log taking my dog out, because he never wants to stay out for long.
    I don't log walking to the non-bf's house, because it never occurred to me.
    I don't log most of my physical therapy stuff, because it's hard to calculate calories for it.
    I don't log sex, because I'd make people feel bad about their own sex lives with the frequency, no joke.
  • hippypippy84
    Options
    Other than my elliptical workout I also log my walk to and from work as I do it with a 'brisk walk'. If i'm bimbling about/cleaning/random daily stuff I don't bother. I only eat to a limit of 1500 regardless of calories burnt.
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    I log just specific workouts. I do other stuff periodically, and even though it's out of the normal for me, no reason to log it, just enjoy the wiggle room. Spring cleaning, or something like that, where I sweat my butt off and it takes the time away from my workouts...that I will log. Otherwise though, it's just gravy :)
  • Lindsey1985x
    Lindsey1985x Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Edited to add:

So I don't log walking from my desk to the printer, standing, sex, eating, driving, sleeping, shopping, house-cleaning, etc.

definitely this: if i'm doing an activity for exercise purposes it's logged... anything else is, as you say, a little bonus :)