Physical activity you don't log????

Replies

• ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    If I don't perform the activity specifically to burn calories, I don't bother logging it.

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    I have my profile set to sedentary. I generally only log actual exercise but once in a while will include other things, particularly if it took up my exercise time. One time I sanded a whole truck which took a few hours. All the squatting and climbing I counted. If I spend the day doing heavy cleaning or moving I'll log that. I also sometimes include gardening. I never include common housework, shopping, or most walking unless it is substantial.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    I haven't seen the inside of the elevator at work since September 2010 - and it is 4 flights to my office. :drinker:
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    I don't even log my exercise, I just report is done on my wall.
  • rodafer
    rodafer Posts: 63
    I never log cleaning, shoveling, raking, yard work or other household chores. My trainer told me not to.
    I walk everyday back and fourth from my office to the courthouse for cases and I never log it or the 3 flights of stairs to the court room.
    Its an everyday activity so I dont log it.
  • Actorguy1
    Actorguy1 Posts: 6 Member
    I let my Fitbit log all my steps for the day but I only specifically log additional exercise by the time started and minutes used. The Fitbit figures out all the rest. I like knowing how many steps I did in a day regardless of what they were for. Each one counts.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I used to log sex until my profile became public!!!! It's a GREAT workout, we all should be logging it :o)

Just wait until you're married with kids, won't be much to log! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    The only exercise I log is the exercise that requires me to put workout gear on and I acknowledge that what I am doing is purely for exercise purposes. Everything else that "may or may not" burn some extra cals is just considered a little bonus.

Edited to add:

So I don't log walking from my desk to the printer, standing, sex, eating, driving, sleeping, shopping, house-cleaning, etc.

I totally agree with this:wink:
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    I'd do the "not if I sweat" thing but then I'd never log as I do not sweat. Not at all. I don't even "glisten" or "dew" lol.

OMG You're SO lucky!!!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Will log:
    1-anything done at gym
    2-extra long walks (ie>3 mile walk in park)
    3-dancing (don't care if it's a club or whatever)

Won't log:
    1-yard work
    2-house work
    3-normal every day activities

Not judging anyone at all, but for me logging house work/normal activities looks like overkill on the lines of cheating, and not putting in the real/extra effort. I would just feel lazy, like I was 1/2 *ssing it, if I logged washing the dishes, etc.
  • schula10
    schula10 Posts: 15 Member
    I dont put anything that I am not doing to lose weight. For example, if I go for a run, its to burn calories and for weight loss so I count it - where walking the dog or gardening would not be counted. I played basketball the other day for fun, I didn't consider it my workout for the day, and it was something I plan to do randomly for fun once I reach my goal, so I don't count it. That way the "extra" weight loss is a bonus!! :) Life healthy and live active!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Stairs.
    Walking across the parking lot to get to my car.
    Standing.
    Lifting & carrying bags. (I work at the airport)
    Washing dishes.
    Cleaning (logged it twice, never again.)
    Cooking (logged it once, never again.)

Basically, if I don't put on my gym clothes and drive to the gym, the park, or go play Zumba/DDR, I don't log it.
    It's tedious enough, having to open the app on my phone to log everything I eat, I'm not going to log every little movement either.
    I'm fat, I'm always sweating, it's summer time! I'm not gonna log everything that makes me sweat.
  • linnamae
    linnamae Posts: 3
    I don't agree with the people who don't log in their workouts for the day simply because our bodies need extra calories on the days we workout. A BIG problem with diets besides proper nutrition are people aren't getting enough calories (healthy calories) so their body is storing all it can which causes platues or even weight gain.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    I haven't seen the inside of the elevator at work since September 2010 - and it is 4 flights to my office. :drinker:

Good for you! :)
  • I have my status set on desk job but still only log real exercise where I sweat.
    I do not log housecleaning, grocery shopping, going to malls or gardening.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Walking to class. It's about a 30 minute walk, but I still don't log it. Also, walking to Meijer or well, anywhere else. The only time I logged it was when I hurt my foot and chilled on the couch for a week.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    I only log the calories I burn when I've made the effort to burn them....

I don't log taking kids to school, doing the shopping, housework etc
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Swimming in a backyard pool.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    at work I go up and down 4 flights of stairs at least 3 to 4 times...
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Inspired by the 'calories burned while standing thread'.........What Physical activities you don't log???? Even though you know they may have gone beyond your normal activity for the day.

! - yesterday my boyfriend literally spent 3 + hours at the Mall walking around, I didn't log any of it
    2 - vacumning, sweeping, grocery shopping, laundry
    3 - sex :blushing:

You shouldn't count any of those, imo.

I don't count hiking if it's under 3miles.

I count running, cardio & lifting along with biking & hiking over 3 miles.