So you exercise to eat?

Options

Replies

• barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amen - and sign me up for that 5K with the donut at the end. Maybe it will motivate me to actually do the 5K since running isn't my favorite thing. I will admit, I do work out extra because I really like food (oh - and sometimes cheap meals are high in calories and I got a family to feed!) but I understand when the scale doesn't budge that this is the reason I plateau! Well said though and keep up the good work!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.... but even if I didn't eat my exercise calories... like ever.... I wouldn't have a bad attitude towards those that do and then asked my advice on losing weight.... for one, the answer isn't as easy as "don't eat every calorie you log"...
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't judge people though. No point. I don't burn any calories doing that.

love this!
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    I don't judge people though. No point. I don't burn any calories doing that.

^^^Best quote ever. PERIOD.
  • nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow..... you need a stress reliever....
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I've never run a 5K race where donuts were handed out at the finish......where do sign up for one??

I might actually run one for that.... unless it's a Krispy Kreme... then maybe not... unless there are cake donuts... :wink:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like to check the food diaries of people who make rants like this to see if maybe they know something I don't. Yours is telling.

...I'm going to do the opposite of whatever you're doing, thanks for the advice though. And yes, I exercise to eat :)

^^^^ This.....You eat worse than I do and exercise a lot less.....really.....calling other people out when you're eating out for every single meal (and a 2lb loss) seems a bit excessive.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should start exercising if you plan to continue eating fast food twice a day. Just an idea though, while we are already judging other people for their personal choices :)

PS: have a lovely wedding
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite though is when people track obnoxious calories and I see things like " xxxx burned 987 calories, cleaning"

WTF?! what kinda of CRAZZZZY cleaning sessions are you doing?

Yesterday I swallowed a fly whilst out running and didn't log it. Not sure how many calories I consumed but I ran an extra mile to compensate

Probably mostly protein I reckon
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I exercise for the Rum :drinker:
  • konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    I've never run a 5K race where donuts were handed out at the finish......where do sign up for one??

:laugh:
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Here's my personal rant. And NO it's not about you! But if you feel like it's about you then someone has probably thought it about you ;)

If you are tracking EVERYTHING you do (shopping, walking the 4 houses down to visit your neighbor, etc) then you are exercising to eat. You are trying to gain that extra calorie not so you can be "correct" or "accurate" but so you can sqeeze that hersey's kiss out of the day! Let it go!

Oh, and yeah, you can go running without a HRM. You'll survive if you don't know exactly how long or how far we ran. It was only about 20 mins, it wasn't a half marathon in which you actually burned significant calories that make you need to eat more. Also, please stop talking about the donut shop at the end of the 5K race...you (especially since you took so many freaking walk breaks) can't complain you're not losing weight when you get a donut every freaking time we're done with a run.

It's one thing to know you are going to your brother's B-day party and are probably going to eat more so you do an extra workout that morning...but when you live every day of your life based on whether or not you can track the calories for your workout or what you are eating then you're not living.

And lastly...please stop getting mad at me when I tell you I've lost more weight when you ask me how I'm doing. I've told you how I do it and you refuse to believe that eating to fuel your body will help you lose weight. Oh, FYI...I haven't worked out in 3 days and the scale is down another pound...but I'll wait to tell you when you ask me Friday and tell I can tell you its down 2 pounds!

I exercise to eat sometimes. I have lost a ton of weight nevertheless.

You lost more than me? Over 100 lbs?

I find "exercising" to "eat" a motivation. I want to eat an extra roll at dinner, I force myself to exercise so I can. More exercise = better. Mind you I don't eat back ALL my calories, I know I may misjudge some here and there.

I have heard from many sources the MORE you exercise the MORE you should eat. If I don't wear my HRM while doing my HOUR long jog or count how long it is, how the heck am I supposed to know what more I can eat? I'd be so freaked I'd go over I wouldn't eat but my 1200 calories and then that's not really healthy is it to come up 100 net calories.

I'm not saying I log crazy things like a billion calories cleaning or shopping, but if I do it for over 30 minutes and I burn at least 100 calories I will count it.

But I have only been doing this for 2 years and lost over 100 lbs what do I know?

(Your rant just makes me want to rant because of that one comment.)
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know, I do freak out when I run and realize I forgot my best friend, my HRM. :angry:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite though is when people track obnoxious calories and I see things like " xxxx burned 987 calories, cleaning"

I actually wore my HRM once while cleaning. Mostly because of those people. After 4 hours of cleaning (the entire house...up and down stairs), I barely burned 200 calories!

Do you mean 200 extra? Because your BMR should be higher than that. I'd burn at least 312 calories just from existing for 4 hours.
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This RANT is hilarious!!! Why do you seem so mad about what other people are doing? Tend to your own business...lol
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Here's my personal rant. And NO it's not about you! But if you feel like it's about you then someone has probably thought it about you ;)

If you are tracking EVERYTHING you do (shopping, walking the 4 houses down to visit your neighbor, etc) then you are exercising to eat. You are trying to gain that extra calorie not so you can be "correct" or "accurate" but so you can sqeeze that hersey's kiss out of the day! Let it go!

Oh, and yeah, you can go running without a HRM. You'll survive if you don't know exactly how long or how far we ran. It was only about 20 mins, it wasn't a half marathon in which you actually burned significant calories that make you need to eat more. Also, please stop talking about the donut shop at the end of the 5K race...you (especially since you took so many freaking walk breaks) can't complain you're not losing weight when you get a donut every freaking time we're done with a run.

It's one thing to know you are going to your brother's B-day party and are probably going to eat more so you do an extra workout that morning...but when you live every day of your life based on whether or not you can track the calories for your workout or what you are eating then you're not living.

And lastly...please stop getting mad at me when I tell you I've lost more weight when you ask me how I'm doing. I've told you how I do it and you refuse to believe that eating to fuel your body will help you lose weight. Oh, FYI...I haven't worked out in 3 days and the scale is down another pound...but I'll wait to tell you when you ask me Friday and tell I can tell you its down 2 pounds!

What an odd thing to post about. Why would you care? You do yours, they'll do theirs, I'll do mine and we'll all live happily ever after. Do you see where I'm going with this, OP?

This.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

Hahahahaha!!! I ALWAYS think that!!!!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I totally exercise so that I can eat more. I log anything beyond the normal... Walking to the post office (no mail service to my house), major cleaning (beyond the daily/weekly norms), and the like. It works for me. I'm not going to apologize if it bothers someone, because if it bothers someone then they're not the type of person I have time for in my life. It's working for me, but it might not work for someone else. To each their own, I guess...
  • mjelves
    mjelves Posts: 1
    Options
    I wear a FITBIT all day, doesn't matter what I'm doing, walking to the shops, walking along the beach, round the coast, running up stairs, at the gym...... whatever. Does it really matter how you burn your calories?..... as long as you're happy doing it.

Get over yourself!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Build a bridge, and get over it.