What have you done today that you're proud of?

Options

Replies

• stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I painted my nails when I wanted to eat chips....hoo rah!
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    1) Not buying a candy bar at the store. Instead I bought green tea packets for my bottle water! :)
    2) Ordering that bean burrito fresco style, instead of getting a taco fresco style. I am glad I let myself indulge. 200 calorie difference but I really wanted it!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I kept my cool when my husband allowed his son to put a 3 foot hole in the ceiling of our bedroom.

Explanation: My husband and my 20 y.o. stepson went up in the attic to look at the a/c system because it wasn't working properly. My husband failed to warn his son to only step on the beams - not the sheet rock. Not knowing any better, my stepson walked (or tried to walk) across the attic. Hence the gaping hole in my ceiling and the insulation and sheet rock pieces on my bed and bedroom floor. But at least my stepson is fine and the a/c is fixed (thanks to the tech - not my husband). The hole is still there.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Did my run even though I really didn't want to, and broke an 8 minute mile!!!!! Really made me proud of myself because a year ago that NEVER would have been possible. Shows me that all the hard work I've done hasn't been for nothing. :)
  • sweetybird09
    sweetybird09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Went to Pilates this morning and shopped at Costco on the way home, I did not buy the black licorice that tasted so great (I had a sample sized piece) and then ran for the checkout :)
  • xuashe
    xuashe Posts: 46
    Options
    I did three loads of laundry! :D
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    went to the gym for 2 hours, and did not walk by the treats today, i tell ya having like 20 diffrents kinds of backed goods all fresh and FREE is tempting lol
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I brought my own healthy snack and water to the movies today instead of buying super butttery popcorn and a soda. It was WAY cheaper too :)

And I started taking multivitamins so I'm not missing anything from my diet!
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Worked out in a weight loss class at the gym and lived through taking the grand kids and their cousin (ages 7, 6, 4 and 2) to 1) The store to buy the 4 year old shoes 2) McDonalds to play and have ice cream 3) Putt-putt golf, arcade games and pizza 4) 1 1/2 game of bowling. Leaving in about 20 minutes to go to a minor league baseball game (but I will have 3 more adults for help tonight). Oh, did I mention, it was over 102 degrees out today!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I logged my day, before dinner, and I'm still under by a little, so when I take a walk later, I may get to have the skinny cow ice cream sandwich I want!
  • 13nicholas
    13nicholas Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Finishing Chest Back and Balance and an AB workout despite being unmotivated and lethargic!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud that I did absolutely nothing that I was supposed to do today. It was a great feeling, now maybe the hubby will finally figure it out.

He won't! There will just be more waiting for YOU to do!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I brought my own healthy snack and water to the movies today instead of buying super butttery popcorn and a soda. It was WAY cheaper too :)

And I started taking multivitamins so I'm not missing anything from my diet!

You are a trooper! That is the hardest for me to do! Great Job!
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have felt ravenous all day today and I:

1. Allowed myself to have two Hershey's nuggets from the candy dish on my boss' desk, tracked it and did not binge
    2. Otherwise ate only the healthy foods I brought with me

I'm pretty darn proud of that.

I also realized that my hunger isn't *really* hunger. It is exhaustion from a busy weekend without enough sleep. And I'm going to see my therapist tonight and tell her that last week I decided I finally ready to make a change and my first week was a resounding success!
  • acelynp2
    acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Went to bed early enough last night to get enough sleep and not start the week tired.

6 Day of 30 Day Shred: started Level 2
    Plus did some cardio
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I told my wife and kids I love them, hugged them, and kissed them.
    I have tried my very best to show my wife I love her and to not grope her at every chance I could.
    I told my wife how beautiful she is and helped her with some of the chores around the house.
    I apologized to my wife for making a mistake.
    I let her get some uninterrupted rest as she is not sleeping well.
    I have also been a more kinder gentler daddy to my kids.

Oh and I started my exercise program today after a 2 1/2 year hiatus due to a car accident and neck surgery. I used the elliptical machine at my apartment's exercise room for 60 minutes, level 10 (out of 20; 50%), and burned 610 calories.

Did I mention I keep telling my wife how wonderful and amazing she truly is :flowerforyou: :blushing: :heart: :tongue:
  • codycisco
    codycisco Posts: 62
    Options
    Exercised!!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Went to my first spinning class in 6 weeks and worked as hard as I could for the entire 60 minutes.
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    1. Drank 16 cups water
    2. Didn't buy any Hot Lips (my trigger food)
    3. Didn't buy junk (I'm sooooo tired today)
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I painted my nails when I wanted to eat chips....hoo rah!

Will do this next time! :)