No More Excuses - Week Two

Options
Weightchart.jpg

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Tigermom79, great job on the shoveling snow, that burns a lot of calories! And great job on the willpower to stay away from the cookies. I was going to bake some for my kids and never got around to it today.

Dh and I had a wonderful dinner, very nice and I spurge on calories but we don't go out to eat often and so I decided to get what I wanted, eat only about 1/3 of it and only drink water. It was deliicious, high in calories and fat, knew that going into the meal.
  • dariahrose
    dariahrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting a new thread Amanda! Glad dinner with the hubby was yummy! :smile:

1st day back to the gym tomorrow! Anyone have any good workouts they do? Should I do mostly cardio? Or should I also make an effort to do weights?

300002.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • andreaxmariexvnv
    Options
    Nice Job Amanda :-) Ty:bigsmile:
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    oh i want to do it!!!can i?! My starting weight is 160, i want to get down to about 110
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm in, My name is Jack, and I am getting ready to start my second week of dieting and my 3rd week of exercise.

I was 227.4 Friday when I weighed Friday at the Gym. I started at Nov 2nd at 229.8, so I am off to kinda slow start, but I am hoping this will be my big drop week.
  • willow12
    Options
    Hello I see your on week 2....

Is it to late to join???

I am the queen of excuses and need to step it up !!

My starting weight 150
    Goal weight 138
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I think it is great if you join, I feel the more the bigger support system. Unless somebody else objects I will add you to the chart.

drj414ny, it seems to me if I remember correctly you want to lose about 50 pounds. If that is correct I would focus mostly on cardio but add some weight stuff in slowly 2 or 3 times per week and work your way up to to. I think you should hit the cardio. That is what I am doing and then about three times per week doing some things with my 10 lb weight. Good luck and enjoy the gym!
  • amaline
    Options
    Thanks heaps for doing the board Amanda! and welcome to newbies.

Pilates kicked my butt last night - can feel my abs today, no laughing for me :laugh:

Starting Week 2 of Couch 2 5km tonight and it's going to be a struggle to get out the door - it's windy and raining and FREEZING and it's also my first winter in over a year so I am struggling with the adjustment :sad:

NO More Excuses though!
  • wks7777
    Options
    Yay thanks so much!I need to be held accounatable and i love this idea! Becuz i just started back today and thats what i told myself, No more excuses! Normally i dont go to the gym on sundays or weekends for that matter and i usually slack on my diet on weekends too but today i did awesome on my diet/lifestyle change and i did 30 min of legs, was going to do a yoga class but it was cancelled :(
    Lets have a great week!
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been reading this thread through out the week and just forgot to ask to join. Sorry! :laugh: I am at 146lb. right now and my goal is 135lb. I injured my stomach while moving a couple weeks ago so I can't do much for working out right now. I am going to the Dr. Tuesday to see what the problem is. Thank you to the ladies that started this and thank you to Amanda for the beautiful chart. :flowerforyou: I am looking forward to reaching our goals together because we have NO MORE EXCUSES! :wink: Great name and one that I plan to live by. I feel like my stomach is an excuse, but there is a slight chance that it is something more serious like a hernia so I don't want to be stupid.

Well, thanks again and I will write more soon. May God be with you all and give you a wonderful week!

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    In about two seconds the chart will once again be updated and then I won't add anybody else until next week. If people still want to join great but the chart will stay as it is unless I have made a mistake on it. Welcome to all the new people, please remember to message me your weight next Sunday.

Have a wonderful week and be strong! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey, we are now 20 members strong!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Great chart Amanda!

I am sitting here thinking that the fact that I can't stop coughing isn't a good enough excuse to go eat lots of crackers (food always helps take away coughs...and colds...and tiredness...lol) Off to find some medicine instead!

I played a game of soccer today and stayed within my calories.

Oh and I have discovered that whenever my husband goes out in the evening it gives me a great excuse to cheat on my diet...another habit to change this week.

Ok, I'm going to do my 20 pushups prior to finding crackers (oops, I mean medicine)!

Sleep tight everyone!

Kim
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!!! This is great! 20 of us!

Amanda, you are wonderful!

Talk to everyone tomorrow!!! :)
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACKERS KIM! :laugh:
    I am sorry you don't feel well, I hope you feel better tomorrow!
  • wks7777
    Options
    I forgot to introduce myself! Im Whitney! Im 25, i am married to the most amazing man and we have two amazing lil miracle boys Jace and Talen. They are 3 1/2 and 19 months they were both micro preemies. I just started back school and im applying to nursing school next month, i want to be a nicu nurse. I havent lost the weight from my boys yet and im so sick of how i look and feel about myself. I had lost quite a big of weight last year but my aunt had a stroke (she is like a mother to me) and i felt bad going to the gym in my spare time and not going to see her, but no more excuses becuz im not letting anything keep me from losing weight, i have to do this!
    Im sticking to a 1200 calorie diet give or take 100 depending on the day. I plan to do cardio everyday and weights 5 days a week. Pilates 5 days a week. Eat clean and drink lots of water. Not eat late at night.
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!
    Thanks for starting the new thread, Amanda. I didn't realize how many posts we were getting, but it's great!
    If you want, maybe you should do a new thread after weigh in every week and include the chart. You have done such a great job - I know we all appreciate it!
    Well, it's off to bed for me in NC. Gotta get up early tomorrow to teach the kiddies.:happy: Gonna do 10 more minutes on the elliptical first, though. Oh yeah, and my 20 push ups.
    Have a great start to your week everyone! You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers during this week. Stay strong...
    Christy
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow -- i love it!! We are going to sooooo succeed! I already see myself NOT making excuses.. in fact I was going to do my push ups ... tomorrow, but now.. I will do them today BEFORE i go to bed! Thanks group -- No More Excuses!

Oh and Amanda -- awesome! Thanks for keeping us honest!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Christy, great job on your push-ups! Don't foget the challenge everybdoy! I was hoping I didn't upset you starting the new thread since you said you were going to do it tomorrow.

Whitney, it nice to "meet" you! Glad you are here!

I forgot my great news. My shoes were shot but so is my budget. My dh got me new shoes for our anniversary. Now that might sound dumb to some of you, but we had decided not to get each other anything and I got new shoes and new insoles and he also got new shoes. The saleslady was awesome, talk to me about all the shoes, helped me figure out that the insoles were what I need. I liked the cheaper shoe but it didn't have enough support so I got these athletic insoles. I am so happy! Best gift he could have gave me because it is a gift toward my health!
  • SlimmingdownSusan
    Options
    That's so sweet!

I'm ready to get this ball rollin' for the week. Binge eating has such a stronghold on me. I had stated in my first post that I deal with PMDD and also a baseline depression. I try to do everything I can to manage my situation...getting better sleep, exercise, meds, etc. But my eating is where I always fall short. I'm so desperate to get out of this 170s slump. I'll be hitting the gym 3 days this week for combos of cardio, weights, pilates, & yoga. I have a personal challenge of no cokes and NO restaurants this week.Best of luck to everyone out there. I pray we all have a successful week!