Size of clothing/ your weight?

Options

Replies

• dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 200 pounds and in a size 20, which are starting to be too loose. I have weird body proportions, so I have to wear bigger sizes due to my hips but it's always a huge gap in the waist area. If it's an elastic pants, it all depends on the brand. I like my pants roomier, and shirts a little snug. I can wear a large in most shirts.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    size 12/14 in pants and M/L in tops (depending on the store)
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    5'3.5"
    143.5 lbs (3 months post baby)
    tops: s/m
    bottoms: 6 from most places
    dresses: m

pre-baby
    129-131 lbs
    tops: xs/s
    bottoms: 4 from most places
    dresses: s

goal is to get back into my closet full of 4s again! doesn't the matter the weight as much as long as i can wear my clothes :)
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    currently at the moment, I am about 124 pounds, and i wear a size 5 in jeans.
  • alicialwest
    alicialwest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Size 6-8 in pants and medium to large in tops (5'8", 150lbs)
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    5' 5" - 207 - size 14 pant - XL Reg/1X Plus top

Edit to add, a few months ago 252 - size 22 - 3X Plus Top
  • emmydawnsmom
    emmydawnsmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am about 250 currently and wear 16/18 mostly 18 and 2x in tops. This coming from a girl who was in size 28W-30W jeans and 4x tops. I am moving my way down. WOOHOO. But it really does depend on how clothes are made and each individual because I have some 16s that cant breath in and some that I have no issues with.
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 190 pounds. I am in between a 12 and 14 in jeans, but I have huge calves so that is always an adventure. I am a medium for tops, and a 36B (barely..one of the pitfalls of losing weight!!!).
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5'6 (measured my height today out of curiosity...always thought I was 5'7 so I lost an inch somewhere)
    159lbs.
    Bottoms: 12fit/14loose
    Tops: Small/Med
  • AnnMarie518
    Options
    5'5.5"
    Size 12/14, mostly twelve
    L in tops mostly, I have a huge chest.

This is pretty close to me, though i'm lacking in the huge chest department :embarassed:

I'm 5'4.5
    193 (but i think i've lost a couple more pounds :love: )
    Size 12/14
    And i wear usually an XL in tops because I have a wide shoulder span.:frown:

Truth of the matter is, it really depends on your individual size/shape. Your weight number has little to do with it.
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5' 4.5" 112 size 0-2 on the bottom xs on the top
  • raeraeti
    raeraeti Posts: 108
    Options
    Size 6 pants
    Medium Shirt
    5'5"
    143 lbs

I have a medium body frame and used to be an athlete. I carry my weight in my legs.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    5'0, 150 pounds (ish, haven't weighed in a while) and I think around a 9/10 (depending on store) for pants and M for shirt.

When I was 130/140 I was a size 8 in pants, and usually still a M in shirt, sometimes S.
  • GelinaKnows
    Options
    Most answers on this here crack me up, I know for a fact I could squeeze into a size 3 but because I refuse to have a muffin top I wear a 7 or 9. That's half the problem of fat people. Enemy at my heaviest, people thought I was thin because I DRESSED CORRECTLY!!! I COULD fit into a sz 2 jeans, & an xs top, but it'd look effin ridiculous!! I wear a s/m top depending on brand. And anywhere from a 5-9 in pants/jeans. I wear Jr's, & if I ask anyone what size they THINK I am, they say 3-5 again, bc I dress right for my size. I'm 5'4" & wore that at 151, & still do now at 135. :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    5'5 134.8lbs. size 4-8. I have a size 4 that doesn't give me muffin top, but it's the only 4 I've been able to fit into. Must be made big, cuz I have a 6 in the same thing and It looks like a family moved out of them lol. 6 in AE gives me a slight muffin top, but AE is made a little smaller than most. I have mostly JR sizes & they're 9s, but I constantly have to pull them up & I can get them up and down w/o unbuttoning. I think I'm inbetween a 7-9 in JRs. My love handles & belly stop me from goin any smaller.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", weigh 135.... body fat around 19%. I wear a small top. Dress/pant size 4 (although I tried on some shorts this weekend and 4's were loose... 2 fit better).
  • kasebrad
    kasebrad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    128 lbs
    size 6/small (women's)
    size 7/medium (junior's)
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    5'2" 122 pounds size four
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Most answers on this here crack me up, I know for a fact I could squeeze into a size 3 but because I refuse to have a muffin top I wear a 7 or 9. That's half the problem of fat people. Enemy at my heaviest, people thought I was thin because I DRESSED CORRECTLY!!! I COULD fit into a sz 2 jeans, & an xs top, but it'd look effin ridiculous!! I wear a s/m top depending on brand. And anywhere from a 5-9 in pants/jeans. I wear Jr's, & if I ask anyone what size they THINK I am, they say 3-5 again, bc I dress right for my size. I'm 5'4" & wore that at 151, & still do now at 135. :)

I wish more people would think like you
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you are referring to US sizes which are much more generous than Aussie/UK sizes.

I'm 163cm (5'4"), around 73kg (162ish pounds) and mostly wear size 12 - which is probably a US 8. I also have some 10's and 14's and even the odd 16 still hanging around - it depends so much on the brand.