Anyone here a teacher?

Options

Replies

• Alicestella54
    Alicestella54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a preschool teacher. you would think I would be in better shape running around with toddlers keeping them busy with all the various things they do throughout the day. I got real serious with losing the weight went they reached out their little hands to help me off the floor. I want to be the teacher I know I can be with energy to run with them and to sat an example to be the best you can be in life. I'm here to offer all the support and encouragement you need.
  • kgchisholm
    kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've been a 6th grade Language Arts teacher for the past three years. This year I am moving up to High School English! Super excited :)
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I teach seventh English. Good luck!
  • magistra12
    magistra12 Posts: 22
    Options
    I start this Fall as a high school Latin teacher. I just finished my Master's with certification.

I'll have 170 kids looking at me every day, and I never want to be the teacher that they make snarky comments about outside of class.
  • the_prettty1
    Options
    I teach 7th grade English
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Another 5th grade teacher here.
  • ah_adriana
    ah_adriana Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i've taught 7th grade english for 9 years now * i can scarcely believe it's been that long already!! * i love it, but one thing i can say is they notice and comment on EVERYTHING! a hair out of place, an untied shoe, a hole in your shirt, a beer gut...EVERYTHING!!! lol...
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am a preschool teacher! I have taught for 13 years and love it!! Friend me if you like, I would love to support you on your journey!
  • lakota1307
    lakota1307 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I teach Fire ,EMS and Law Enforcement at a vocational school grades 10,11,12 combine into am and pm sessions- 71/2 years and I am also an adjunct EMS and Fire instructor at the local community college 10 years , I Am also the assistant Fire chief at the Barton Volunteer Fire Department , Barton, Ohio Love teaching! Unique because my life can be in their hands at times, it is a life long bond you don't always get in a regular class
    My wife is 8th grade science 18 years
    hate all the attacks on teachers, fireman and policeman lately , I feel so sorry for those in Wisconsin, It was fought of here in Ohio, I teach in Pennsylvania , so far we are holding our own...... Summers are hard on the diet but the time off is nice ! :bigsmile:
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I was a preschool teacher for 10 years. I now substitute for elementary and I am completing my Master's degree in special education.
  • angiebarker
    angiebarker Posts: 127
    Options
    I am going to school to be a preschool teacher. (One of the reasons I want to lose weight so I can be a good influence not only for my kids but other people's kids) Anyone else teach or going to school to teach?

I am actually going to school to teach preschool too. I start school this fall and then will begin my teaching hopefully by January. I understand with the weight loss thing i kind of feel the same way. I also think having the extra pounds gone boosts self estem which rubs off on the kids and parents.
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Aspiring! Im getting my teaching and masters in special education. Being in special education is a blessing!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I taught intermediate grades (7&8) and music to all elementary grades for 32 years and have been retired for 2. There were good days and some not so good, and things certainly changed over those years. It's a good thing people have different strengths. I have had people ask how I could teach adolescents for so long, but I liked them. It was the little kids who scared me!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I teach music. Guitar, piano and voice, private lessons, all ages. Classical, Rock, Blues, Folk, you name it. It's a great gig!
  • mystych
    mystych Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a special education teacher. I teach self-contained special ed. grades K-3. Going into my 5th year and my 4th year doing this. My first year I was a resource teacher. I love what I do and every day is a challenge :happy:
  • merisendabills
    Options
    I just finished my first year of teaching kindergarten! Next year I will teach 2nd grade. =)
  • carolg225
    carolg225 Posts: 29
    Options
    I am new here and this is my first post. I have been teaching for 31 years. The last five years I have been a Hospital Homebound teacher and have gained 50 lbs!!!!!! Lots of time driving from house to house and school to school doesnt help with the fact that I have always struggled with my weight. I am so grateful to have found this website and I have lost 10 lbs thus far!!!!!!!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I went to school to be an elementary age teacher and am working as an aid in a preschool classroom for students with autism right now in a different state... and my work is one of the major reasons I wanted to loose weight. I could barely make it thru the short days with the kids... plus I couldn't run after them if they got away.. good luck with your schooling! You'll do great!
  • Wrappedinbacon
    Wrappedinbacon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been teaching for the last 7 years. I work at an alternative school for grades 3-8 (all students have been long term suspended from their home schools)
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Kindergarten!