Oh, It's TOM so You Can't Exercise? BS!

Options

Replies

• Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The OP has deactivated their account. Troll!

Yeah, I just noticed that too. Not cool. Seriously, I'm totally down with making a valid point that might fly in the face of long held beliefs, but when you say things like "Suck it up and stop being a baby," you totally lose me. It's just disrespectful. Communication 101.

I'm a runner but I hate running on the first two days of my period so I don't. I have also given birth at home twice without any pain medication. I'm no baby. It's simply a choice and a matter of personal preference. I don't tell other women how to give birth or deal with their periods - some things are just no one's right to judge.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say that I'm fortunate enough NOT to be one of those women who experiences debilitating menstrual period cramps and other symptoms such as insanely heavy bleeding or depression during that TOM.

OP: this was a bit insensitive, don't you think??
  • Starqueg
    Starqueg Posts: 39
    Options
    For real. Exercise helps with cramps anyways.

Exercise makes my cramps worse. I've gotten off the elliptical almost in tears because of them. I do light cardio for the first two days, depending on how I feel. A lot of the time, I'm in bed curled up into a ball trying not to cry.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    TOM means I don't pull out.

News flash to the smart *kitten*: just because she's on her period doesn't mean she absolutely cannot conceive. Be careful...
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    The OP has deactivated their account. Troll!

She's not a troll, she caught her snap. She had nowhere to go but the door after this train wreck.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    The OP is just saying, if you want to make excuses go ahead, just realize they're a sign of being lazy. If you want something you'll do it.

You ever had very bad menstrual cramps where the pain goes down to your legs and makes you where you can hardly move and the pain is so bad you're going to vomit? I assume not since you're male, try to talk of something you know of before saying its a sign of being lazy.

Kind of reminds me of when i was working out with a busted leg. Everyone has excuses. In reply to your other post "the worst cramps" reminds me of, "my problems are greater than yours" ordeal. We have all had problems and what not, no one's problems is greater than someone elses.

Yeah, and I finished my remaining 9.9 miles of a brutal trail relay with a grade 2 sprain years ago and permanently damaged my ankle in the process (I took one for the team, literally)...that pain was NOTHING compared to the menstrual cramps and bleeding I used to contend with. The only thing more painful was full-on labor contractions <5 minutes apart.

Until you grow a uterus and at least one functioning ovary I'm not really sure why you're weighing-in. You really don't have a dog in this fight. I won't tell you how to deal with prostate issues, 'cause that ain't my bag, baby.

From a scientific stand point, i can observe. I see many many women who work out on their cycle... yet some say they can't because of it. Majority rules in this case.

Nothing scientific about majority rules. You'd have to do a statistical analysis. I'm guessing most men with broken legs do *not* run marathons. See? Majority doesn't rule.

I get your point about no excuses, but unless you lift while you are ****ting your pants with a stomach flu, I think you're a hypocrite.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    Based on how some of you ladies are replying to this thread your dealing with TOM right now lol!
  • zhanaolivia
    Options
    TOM is gross.

So is semen, which is also a necessary function for reproduction. Yet for some reason, there's a stigma that says that seminal ejaculation is completely okay, but menstruation is taboo and should be hidden. I could easily get into the social and feminist implications of all this, but I think I'll leave it at; don't act like another immature *kitten* about periods. Grow up.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Meh.
    I want to die when it's TOM. I am severely crampy, and just plain exhausted. So if I want to take a week off from exercise, I will.

The important thing, IMHO, is go get right back into it - whether it's TOM of if you're just feeling crappy.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I get super bad cramps sometimes. I had to get an epidural once. But if it's not bad enough to keep me in fetal position I will still workout, and carry on with my day slightly pissy...

But all this stuff people say about how exercising helps cramps... not so true for me. During the workout I'm usually okay...once I've stopped the pain comes back...
  • vasogoma
    vasogoma Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So, basically, I get cramps that are so hard that I once had to get hospitalized just because of them with injections to relieve the pain, normal pills don't do a single thing to help me and I can feel pain ALL over my back. Plus, my period lasts for 7 days in a super abundant quantity where using tampons is just plain stupid because in less than an hour I have to change, even when I am not even moving.
    If that is not your case, OP, then I envy you and you should be glad about that, but just because you don't get all that and your period seems to be nice with you doesn't mean you can go around judging people who actually have a hard time with their period. It would be like judging people who can't do exercise after they injured a knee, it is just plain stupid.
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I really love that I have an IUD and I haven't had my monthly in over 5 years.

^^^This. I love my IUD.
  • vasogoma
    vasogoma Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I really love that I have an IUD and I haven't had my monthly in over 5 years.

^^^This. I love my IUD.

Once I get mine, I hope I won't have my period anymore like you girls :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The OP is just saying, if you want to make excuses go ahead, just realize they're a sign of being lazy. If you want something you'll do it.

Geez ladies. Here we were reading the OPs original post (and clarification) and thinking we knew what she meant. Silly us! We needed a man to come in and explain to us how it's done!

Oh and male poster? STFU about something you have NO experience in. No uterus, no opinion.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Psh... I'm on my heaviest day and I STILL worked out! NO EXCUSES!!!! It's called a tampon... and a pad... together! And showering after... DUHHHH ;P

EDIT: TMI WARNING... I have an EXTRA heavy flow, and I still workout with it... if I can do it, EVERYONE CAN!! :)
  • dragon_tattoo
    dragon_tattoo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    lots of females use their TOM to get out of everything.
    i don't get it.

they also use birth control as an excuse too.
    it's like no, your birth control didn't MAKE you fat.
    '
    sigh.

Actually, you are half wrong and half right. You see, no one really knows why women CAN gain weight while on birth control but studies suggest that some birth control methods can infact make some women gain weight.

Depending on how the pill words (how much estrogen is secreted etc) and depending on women's glucose levels, metabolism etc can decide if they gain weight.

Also, birth control pills based on estrogen often lead to water retention. The amount of fluid that is retained is directly proportional with the quantity of estrogen found in the pill.

So...yes...don't be ignorant. I encourage you to bring yourself some knowledge before spatting.
  • Lozze
    Options
    I do know you like to justify things.

Justify what? I've lost 36kg/79lbs in 11 months. What in the hell do I need to justify?

Seriously you have NO idea on this subject. I'm not going to start telling you how to deal riding a bike and avoid crushing your balls, don't start telling women to suck it up when you have never and will never experience.
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    Psh... I'm on my heaviest day and I STILL worked out! NO EXCUSES!!!! It's called a tampon... and a pad... together! And showering after... DUHHHH ;P

EDIT: TMI WARNING... I have an EXTRA heavy flow, and I still workout with it... if I can do it, EVERYONE CAN!! :)

Also TMI...I'm on blood thinners so when I have my heavy flow days and I work out - I gush. Almost passed out 2 months ago. Not worth it. I just do moderate workouts if I can leave the house!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Clearly it's because you're a bichon frise.
  • Lozze
    Options
    I forgot, your problems are the greatest in the world.

No. They're just unique to women. Based on your photo and how you identify on your profile page you are a man. You cannot experience this. So again, don't tell women how they should react to a situation you're not experienced in.
This discussion has been closed.