LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options

Replies

• amgchick
    amgchick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will add you. We are all in the same boat. I am thankful that things have subsided for me now that I found what works for me. Breaking out into a sweat was getting embarrassing! :)

I am 47 and in the same boat. It's hard to accept that I was once underweight and could still eat anything I wanted. Now the struggle is great. I have only been on myfitnesspal for 1 week but feel hopeful for the first time in a very long time. Please, please add me to your group!!! This peri-menopause thing is for the birds...between the night sweats, sometimes heavy and sometimes lite periods and the mood swings :sad: , I feel like I don't know which end is up. It's so nice to know there are other women out there who are going through the same thing. So looking forward to being in contact with you all!!! :bigsmile:
    [/quote]
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I sent a message, I am 46, just had a gallbladder removal, not peri yet, but am a Grandma lol
  • traceyb68
    traceyb68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi am 44 in August - nice and slim uk 12/ 14 untll baby no3 and more after baby 4, now 20 -24 was spoilt by very good hubby now need to sort this overweigh bit out. Need support too its not as easy losing as it was at 30.
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    anyone of you can add me!! i just jurned 43 two weeks ago!! do i look it NO!! do i feel it NO!! age is just a number. just like the number on the scale. doesnt matter!!
  • lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 48 - same boat - snail's pace but for the first time in my 40s, I'm determined to stick it out. Feel free to add me; I am new relatively new to MFP and haven't really tried to make and "friends" - am doing p90x and joined that group. I'm also going to look for the 40-50s group someone mentioned. Good luck!
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Please Add Me - I too am the same looking for some like minded people that know what its like to do this. I have been on more diets than letters in the alphabet lol and still am fatter than when I first started 20 yrs ago.... I am now 41 and have just found MFP. I think its great. Lost 8lb before I found it but on here my first weigh in is tomorrow.

Looking forward to chatting and supporting you all.

Amanda xx
  • kristykritter
    Options
    Not over 40, but 38 and am experiencing menopause symptoms. Also have hypothyroidism (currently taking two meds for it). Have a difficult time losing weight. Feel free to add me! I am a determined person, and I will gladly cheer you on!
  • jeanzbeanz
    jeanzbeanz Posts: 64
    Options
    You (or anyone) can add me.

46 (and three quarters, thankyouverymuch)

The weight is coming off at a snail's pace here too - but it took 23 years, three kids, AGE and the beginnings of menopause to put it on. So, as long as my weight is going down or standing still and not sky-rocketing into the stratosphere, I'll wait.

I am a stubborn b*tch. The fat will not win.

Jeanne
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add this 49 year old :flowerforyou:
  • mrsclusk1
    mrsclusk1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I will be 40 in 58 days....today is day 1 for me. Add me if you'd like. New at this so unsure of how successful I'll be...feeling confident that I can do this though.
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    I am soooooo glad I am not alone!!!!!!!!!! I just turned 40 and I feel better and look better than I ever hav. BUT..... I cant seem to loose the rest of my weight. I strugle everyday to balance my food and my weight. Please add me as well. As group of strong woman, we can do anything. RIGHT????!!!!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and I need to lose 56 more pounds. I am from Texas and would love to have you as a friend.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have similar concerns over weight loss at this age of slowing metabolism. I would love more friends in the 40+ group as well.
  • marrizia
    marrizia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Can completely relate! I'll be 46 next month and having an awful time with belly fat (yuck!) On the plus side, thanks to weights, I'm stronger than I was 20 years ago.
    I would love to have friends in this age group- anyone, feel free to add me :)
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53 and have finally hit post menopause, imagine my surprise when I realized the symptoms don't stop! I have 30 pounds to lose and like everyone here says, it becomes increasingly difficult to lose those pounds as you near and pass menopause.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pick me! Pick me!
    I'm over 40 and 8 months out from having had brain surgery (benign AN tumor). Not only is my metabolism not as young as it used to be, but I'm a bit frightened of going too strenuous too quickly.
    Thanks in advance to the group for your support!
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 39 and I am definitely noticing changes in my metabolism but nothing from menopause yet. I know what you mean about wanting this kind of support/camaraderie. While I'm not 40 yet and cannot offer anything about menopause I am interested in this issue since it will be coming up for me. So even though I fall outside of 40+ you can add me and maybe I can at least offer you some support and encouragement.
    Ditto to everything said above! I'm 39 too, would love for you to add me also if you want!
  • chans1969
    chans1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi add me. I'm 42 and struggling to lose the weight just given up Slimming world as not losing :-( So now spending the money saved on slimming world on swimming lessons as never been able to swim. Better use of the money. Also started running with couch to 5K app on phone. Feeling fitter but not seeing the scales move fast enough. Would like to lose 40lbs !!!
    :smile:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. This perimenopause thing sucks, doesn't it? I've never had a belly before or found it so hard to lose more weight!
  • pamlaney
    pamlaney Posts: 14
    Options
    Val -- Feel free to add me. We can encourage each other along the way. ~ Pam