Replies

• RedSkinFox
    RedSkinFox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Once the pit is out i just grab a spoon and try not to eat the peel. :P
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Wait, you've never had avocado before? Not even guacamole?

Anyway, I eat it in every way listed above. Also, if you use your fingers to clear the flesh from the skin, be sure to rub the residue in to your cuticles before you wash your hands.. the oils are very good for your skin!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    - Excellent in an egg burrito (scrambled egg made with fat free milk, salsa, avocado in a small or half whole wheat tortilla)
    - Great on top of an open faced grilled cheese made with low-fat cheese and tomato
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wait, you've never had avocado before? Not even guacamole?

Anyway, I eat it in every way listed above. Also, if you use your fingers to clear the flesh from the skin, be sure to rub the residue in to your cuticles before you wash your hands.. the oils are very good for your skin!

Nope, never had guacamole. I didn't like how it looked, so I never tried it.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Unless it has some salsa and lime juice mixed with it, I'd suggest looking at it from across the room with a small amount of suspicion.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Now.... I NEED an avocado.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's a fruit. Just eat it as is.

Or mash it up and make guacamole. Or mash it up, mix it with malt vinegar and spread it on toast. Or cut it up and put it on a sammich.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Now.... I NEED an avocado.

Luckily. I have one in my kitchen!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half and remove the pit. Put the halves into a bowl, lightly salt it, and eat that mofo with a fork.

^^^amen^^^
  • msrobinson77
    msrobinson77 Posts: 177
    Options
    This! Or smush it on a sammie! Yummy on a burger, too!
    Cut it in half and remove the pit. Put the halves into a bowl, lightly salt it, and eat that mofo with a fork.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I scoop it out of the skin and put it raw on sandwiches LOVE it. Keep the pit with the unused portion and it stays good longer
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I cut them in half, remove the pit, slice off the outer shell, dice them up and put them in salads, wraps, pasta, just about anything! You can also spread them on a wrap for a quick snack. You can just eat them all by themselves. I really love them!
  • czuniga03
    czuniga03 Posts: 99
    Options
    Sandwiches..instead of mayo, in salads, guacamole, or just with a spoon!
  • janejust
    janejust Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Let avacado get a bit softer and then mash it on Vogels toast with pepper and salt. Yummy!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My mouth is watering as I type this. Love avocado and I've used it a bunch of different ways. I like mashing it with a fork, adding a little pepper, and smearing it on a toasted bagel or sandwich thin and add slivered radishes on top. Heavenly.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    awesome guacamole

or just a simple avocado taco....mmmmm
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten one before either - would it "go" in a smoothie, d'ya think?
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I ususaly cut in in half, remove the pit, lightly salt it and sprinkle it with lime juice. Then it is right out of the skin....

This is exactly what I do with 'em.

If I want to change things up, I'll mash 1/2 of one up and spread it on some sourdough, then pile on low-fat turkey breast lunchmeat, cooked bacon, tomato slices, and swiss cheese. Throw under the broiler or in a toaster oven for a few minutes and eat.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I make Guacamole with mine, some avocado, garlic, tiny bit of salt and lime juice. Tomato's are also really yummy in it. Then I eat it with home made tortilla chips, or even on bread of in a sammich. :)
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Eating it is the easy part, making sure its ripe is the hard part! It doesnt get much worse than an under ripe avocado :( make sure its has some give to it when you apply pressure, if its hard dont bother, let it hang out w/ some bananas for a while.

I LOVE avocado, i just cut it in half, remove the pit, then cut the fruit length and width wise in the skin then squeeze the sides nad the little cubes pop up, add salt and YUM!!!

our local brewery also serves a jerk chicken pizza w/ avocado and sour cream on top, DELICIOUS!!!

nom nom nom, so hungry now...