HELP:I just ate a whole pizza by myself

Options
Well today I cheated on my diet and ate this large thin crust cheese pizza from.Pizza Hut by myself , and I feel like crap . I think the pizza was like 8 slices altogether ? I really don't know what came over me today tbh
. I felt like i just couldn't control my hunger! I'm not really worried about the calories seeing as that I didn't go over my daily level , but Im more worried about my sodium level which I went WAYYY over( 7440 mg) Im worried I'll raise my blood pressure etc Will I be okay for the night? I've been drinking a lot of water and a cup off Lipton 100% green tea, which I have been told helps eliminate salt out of system quicker

Replies

• meganmueller12
    Options
    I think you should be fine, wouldnt lose sleep over it, just drink the tea and water and TRY not to do that again! YOU can do this!!
  • fatima147
    fatima147 Posts: 85
    Options
    is sodium level very important??? if yes then why????... i never knew that:mad:
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Yikes. Been there, done that. Make sure you get plenty of fluids to help flush out the sodium. Don't be surprised if you see a temporary jump in the scale. When I get too much sodium (happens a lot, we like our salty mexican food) and then drink a bunch of water, there is about a 24 hour period when I bloat like mad and then it comes off.

More importantly, I would be asking myself why you ate the whole pizza. Was it just hunger or is there another trigger? Are you a person who eats for any reason other than hunger (stress, emotions, etc.) If it was just hunger, next time try drinking a big glass of water before you eat and make sure you get some veggies in there too. When I am really hungry, I try to eat a big portion of veggies first - helps take up some room so I don't eat as much of the rest of the stuff (carb/proteins).

Just a few tricks that work for me. Good luck on your journey. Remember it is a marathon not a sprint and you can do it!
  • MammaKess
    MammaKess Posts: 6
    Options
    It's one time, do not beat yourself up over it. I cheat one day a week, because that is what I need to feel....whatever it is I need to feel! LOL But when I have days that I really want to splurge, I read the success stories, I find alot of motivation there. :smile:
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it, people eat that sorta thing 3/4 times a week and they don't see the effects for years, so one time isn't going to do you any harm!
    Before I "changed my ways" I used to eat a lot of pizza, and I still had low blood pressure!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    If you didn't go over your calories then it hardly matters. Sodium, shmodium, it just makes you gain temporary water weight. Hardly vital in the weight loss battle.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    youre not going to die calm down its only a pizza exercise and you will be grand lol and if your under cals it wont really matter like
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    If you didn't go over your calories then it hardly matters. Sodium, shmodium, it just makes you gain temporary water weight. Hardly vital in the weight loss battle.

Is it possible to eat a whole large pizza and not go over your calories?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If you stayed under your calories then that's fantastic!

Over a long period of time, high sodium levels are not going to be good for you, however, one night will not matter. Drink plenty of water, you may find the scale is up (don't worry it's just water weight)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I may feel full every day staying under calories, but the idea of eating a whole, thin-crust pizza sounds f***ing delicious to me right now.

Wassail! :drinker:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

Is it possible to eat a whole large pizza and not go over your calories?

Of course, especially thin crust. Even if you're on 1200 (the minimum) with exercise you can bring this up over 2000. Thin crust pizza's are usually only around 1000 each.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, to lose weight you need to concentrate on calorie intake which you were under, it might not have been the best choice but feeling guilty won't do you any favours, if you do you risk going off the rails altogether, today is another day.

If you're concerned about the sodium just try to aim for lower sodium foods for a few days.

Remember we're all human
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    You'll be ok. Just keep drinking water. I went WAYYY over too, but on my calories. But we have to stay positive and just make the best out of it from today and on.
  • Fergie21
    Fergie21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza once a week, YUM!
  • jackofspeed
    Options
    I EAT A WHOLE NY STYLE PIZZA BY MYSELF every fri or sat (its my reward for suffering all week) and Ive lost 85 pounds, I need that cheat day to make the rest worth it... dont worry...be happy ; 0
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm blaming you for the Domino's bacon pizza I'm about to order and scarf down with beer. Your fault! Then I'm going to post a thread about how you've sabotaged me!

Okay, just kidding. Seriously, if you're worried about the sodium, drink plenty of water and go run or otherwise sweat. No biggie.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you had asked earlier, I could have helped you eat that pizza. Now, there is nothing I can do.
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Go ahead, and eat a ton more calories today. You can't get fat in one day. When I have a cheat day I like to go crazy with it to the point of sickness. Go ahead, and get it out of your system. Tomorrow is another day. Good luck
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Would this have been a big issue before you decided to lose weight? Would have worried about the sodium of the food you ate and what it might do? If not, then don't fuss about it now.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I "cheated" on my diet today too, although the truth is my pet passed away yesterday so I have not been very careful about my food choices. Fortunately my "cheats" are around maintenance and I am making an effort not to go to town.

Just find a way to work that pizza into your calories.

Here's a treat for under 250:

Whole grain, high protein, low fat mini pizza:

2 Arnold whole wheat, honey wheat, or multigrain sandwich thins (splits into four pieces)
    1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese of choice
    1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
    oregano
    basil
    spinach leaves
    one small can (about 100 calories) of cooked chicken in water

Split the two sandwich thins into four pieces and place on a baking sheet, or pizza crisping pan with the outside facing down.

Coat the sandwich thins with a small portion of tomato sauce, spinach, chicken, shredded cheese, oregano, basil, and any other toppings of choice. Bake at 350 until the cheese melts and the bottom feels slightly crisp.

2 mini pizzas are less than 250 calories!