What does 1500 calories look like

Options

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    One of my dinners from last month a little over 1,500 cals

2 beef and chorizo patties stuffed with habanero jack and roasted peppers (jalapenos, serranos and poblanos) topped with more cheese, roasted peppers, pickled red onions and blue corn tortilla strips with a side of duck fat roasted red potatoes

2012-05-08%252018.24.22.jpg
    2012-05-08%252018.25.42.jpg
    Yep, I ate a days worth of calories in one meal before, and of course I repeated it for the rest of the day for every meal. That's why I was a walking heart attack waiting to happen! My husband ate like that and only had that one meal with a bag of chips midnight snack. His cholesterol was up so was his weight, and his gabladder was sludge. Another train wreck in slow motion! Unless you can work that off at the least that's trouble in my body. But yum!
  • tamlynne32
    tamlynne32 Posts: 38
    Options
    I want to see more of these posts!!! I am so lost for what to eat anymore. Its been a month and I am sick of everything and sick of planning meals.. its getting hard to keep going. How do you all come up with this stuff??
  • NatalieWinning
    Options
    I want to see more of these posts!!! I am so lost for what to eat anymore. Its been a month and I am sick of everything and sick of planning meals.. its getting hard to keep going. How do you all come up with this stuff??
    I had to relearn how to eat and kept trying to add in lower calorie + more food. More vegetables is more food! More protein and fiber fill you up better than a little 4g protein 16 g sugar granola bar. Sugar makes me a hungry monster for a couple days! Keep going, because the longer you do it, the better at it you get!! I also exercised for more food, which is a win-win. You push the momentum for a while until the momentum gets going and helps you keep going.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Yes, more please! the more the merrier. Totally inspired!
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I made the egg rolls yesterday, very easy, and everyone in the family tried them and liked them:) Thanks so much!!
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That potato salad looks utterly delicous...recipe please?
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That potato salad looks utterly delicous...recipe please?

I made a variation of this recipe... just added what veggies and spices I wanted into it! http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Tangy-Potato-Salad-5

You can also find the rest of the links on my blog: http://cravingalife.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/what-does-1500-calories-look-like/
  • happymommy40
    Options
    Bump! Looks great!
  • NatalieWinning
    Options
    In case you missed it, here's Dianas 1500 calorie day, with description in the thread on page 3. She eats such yummy food every day!
    http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/DianaJDavidson/MFP Food/
  • NatalieWinning
    Options
    Diana's from page 3, fixed pictures!
    2012-06-22061616.jpg
    2012-06-21080923.jpg
    2012-06-21112249.jpg
    2012-06-21133803.jpg
    2012-06-21175112.jpg
    2012-06-21140955.jpg
    2012-06-23150407.jpg
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Your meals look good!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump- I've got to steal some of these ideas!
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    There are some great looking meals here, I can't wait to try out some of the suggestions. Thanks everyone for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • drgooch
    drgooch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kppr59
    Kppr59 Posts: 12
    Options
    Great thread! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Some great ideas, Diana! Looks mighty tastee!!

I posted some more on my blog this morning... subscribe to my blog for future idears! http://www.cravingalife.wordpress.com

IMG_0579.jpg

Meal #2: Teriyaki-glazed pineapple burger and a small baked potato with broccoli and reduced fat cheese…

This is for serious one of my favorite meals in a long time… delicious and filling! The secret is there is no burger on that burger… it’s just 2 pineapple rounds cooked in a pan whilst being marinated with 1 Tbsp of Teriyaki sauce on top of a 100-calorie bun and loaded with veggies. I always eat my sandwiches open-faced because it makes me slow down, makes me feel like I’m eating more… and it’s like 2 for the price of one amount of calories!

TOTAL Calories in Meal #2: 444

IMG_0582.jpg

Meal #3: Laughing cow cheese cucumber dill sandwich and grape tomaters!

That’s the spreadable laughing cow cheese with cucumbers and dried dill weed… I’m sure it would taste even better if you had you some fresh dill weed!

TOTAL Calories in Meal #3: 207

IMG_0570-1.jpg

Dinner: Flatout Smoky Corn and Bean Pizza…

I’m seriously in love with this pizza… for serious!! So dang good and different than a regular, marinara-sauced pizza. I made up the recipe because I’m just that talented (side note: if talent includes unthawing frozen corn and opening a can of beans, I’m your girl!) The recipe:

Smoky Bean and Corn Pizza

1 multigrain flatout (or whatever flavor you prefer)
    1/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
    1/4 cup sodium-free pinto beans (or black beans)
    2 Tblsp. barbecue sauce
    1 roma tomato
    1/3 cup 2% mozzarella cheese

I baked the flatout for 7 minutes on 350 degrees before I put any of the ingredients onto it… to crisp it up. Then, I added all the toppings and put it back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.

Seriously so good… I guess you could substitute chicken for the beans if you’re into eating feathery things.

TOTAL Calories for Dinner: 348

There she goes. I love this week’s menu. As a side note, if you don’t use reduced sodium/sodium-free ingredients this menu is a bit heavy on the sodium side... so search for the sodium free stuff!
  • NatalieWinning
    Options
    IMG_0570-1.jpg

Dinner: Flatout Smoky Corn and Bean Pizza…

I’m seriously in love with this pizza… for serious!! So dang good and different than a regular, marinara-sauced pizza. I made up the recipe because I’m just that talented (side note: if talent includes unthawing frozen corn and opening a can of beans, I’m your girl!) The recipe:

Smoky Bean and Corn Pizza

1 multigrain flatout (or whatever flavor you prefer)
    1/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
    1/4 cup sodium-free pinto beans (or black beans)
    2 Tblsp. barbecue sauce
    1 roma tomato
    1/3 cup 2% mozzarella cheese

I baked the flatout for 7 minutes on 350 degrees before I put any of the ingredients onto it… to crisp it up. Then, I added all the toppings and put it back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.

Seriously so good… I guess you could substitute chicken for the beans if you’re into eating feathery things.

TOTAL Calories for Dinner: 348

There she goes. I love this week’s menu. As a side note, if you don’t use reduced sodium/sodium-free ingredients this menu is a bit heavy on the sodium side... so search for the sodium free stuff!

Ohh, this would also be a yummy quesadilla (sp?) ! Fold over and cut with pizza cutter into triangles!
  • crssybear
    crssybear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shellbell525
    Options
    yum yum yum, Can't wait to try some of these recipes!!