A Tip for (wanting-to-be) Morning Exercisers

Options
123457»

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I'll have to check it out! It would probably help me out a bit with getting up.
  • ciddi
    ciddi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The only one I found for iPhone costs 99 cents, only does math problems, and apparently only has one alarm sound option. Has anyone found any others for iPhone? I was so excited! But the iPhone one doesn't sound anywhere near as cool :-(

That's all I could find, too :(

For Iphone try Crazy Alarm Free app. You have to shake your phone(for 30 - 1000 secs) to stop the alarm. There are several other options too. You can change the sensitivity too. If you select Hardly sensitive you have to shake your iphone very vigorously to stop the alarm. Try and see if you like this app
  • Anthyitis
    Anthyitis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I could solve that math problem and then roll right back over, but I'll try it anyway!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Another good wake up app is Sleep Cycle. It monitors your sleep pattern and wakes when you are in the lightest sleep state.

I use this, but more for monitoring my sleep than the variable wake feature. Found myself seeing that it was 20 minutes before I was scheduled to get up, so I would snooze into the wake-up time. Kind of defeats the purpose, so I set it to just wake me at the right time.

Downside is, it monitors the sleep of both myself *and* my wife. I wonder if a fitbit would be better for tracking this.
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tried this app this morning and here it is 6 AM and I'm up!

I too tried it this morning, it was evil (as is the case with anything that MAKES me get out of bed)! But it certainly works!

:bigsmile:
  • Meowfitness
    Options
    hehehehehe... I too tried this morning... I used memory game as snooze button... with my half eye open, I was able to finish it and kept the phone aside, closed my eyes to sleep back... then I realized, I finished the memory game in my game... that very thought excited me and brought me out of sleep... loooolllll..... so it worked on day 1 and took me to gym... :bigsmile:
  • soakland06
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! :))
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP:
    Well? How was day 2? Give us an update. =P

(I'm really curious how quickly/if the novelty wears off.)
  • socioles
    socioles Posts: 6
    Options
    What is the exact name of the app? Ill try again!
  • socioles
    socioles Posts: 6
    Options
    Im with Jamotto. Was super stoked to get this app and would even suck up the $1 for it but all the features you mentioned are not on it. Plus, it only has gotten 2 star reviews.

Are we missing something? :(

Strange....I looked it up in the app store on my phone, and it is a free app with 4 1/2 stars. So yeah, I would say you missed something.

Turns out Im missing an Android phone! No equivalent for the iPhone yet...hope thy get on board soon!
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I wanted this app, sounds amazing.. but I have an iphone and the equivilent to this app on there looks a bit pants! :( boo

Random and a bit sad but this works for me, once i close my alarm, I go on my facebook and twitter and read everything. Takes me around 10 minutes and by that time im awake.. now i just need to set my alarm for 6am instead of 7.45am lol :)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My phone would end up at the bottom of the pool