Post your daily exercise

Options

Replies

• Najah5150
    Options
    This morning I did a 1 hour spnning class w/ a BOMB instructor who is also a personal trainer. He ROCKS! Very motivational and I will def be in his class at 8:30am tomorrow morning.
  • rachelfrear
    Options
    My day goes like this

3 mile fast brisk walk with the kids in the stroller
    takes me an hour

midday
    hop on the treadmill for 20 minutes of walking uphill incline set to 10

8pm
    go to the gym hop on the bike or stairclimber for 20 minutes

10pm---- Dance Revolution (I save it for night because it's a video game but so much fun) I burn like 100 calories at a slow pace.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    This morning will be a 1 hour step class. I love this teacher, you are so busy with the choreography that you don't realize how ahrd you are working and the hour just zooms by!!!
  • RACHEALMARIE
    Options
    Today I did an hour with a personal trainer. He had me doing strenght and cardio training. It was fun, but he's too expensive for me to keep!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Way to go gals!!

Well, I have been slacking soooooo much in the exercise department.

Only 10 minutes of jogging in place (too cold out)

3 sets of 20 crunches
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My knee is better so I have been on my treadmill the last two days. :smile:

Sunday 11-4-07 ~ 35 minutes treadmill
    Monday 11-5-07 ~ 35 minutes treadmill ~ Morning
    Monday 11-5-07 ~ 35 minutes treadmill ~ Evening

Sunday 11-4-07 ~ Hand Weights 2 sets of 15 each arm
    Monday 11-5-07 ~ Hand Weights 2 sets of 15 each arm ~ Morning
    Monday 11-5-07 ~ Hand Weights 3 sets of 15 each arm ~ Evening

Last Thursday when I left the beauty shop I went shoe shopping then to Wally World.
    I tried on shoes for an hour and a half. Lots of stooping bending etc… I wonder how many calories I burned doing that. lol I love shoes. New shoes make me happy. *giggle* :tongue:
    I then spent an hour and 45 minutes walking around in Wally World. I tried on shoes there too. They have some really cute boots that I just had to see how they looked. All I bought was a 97 cent bell and a bag of lettuce. On the way home I stopped at a zoo exhibit. I walked around there for a while just looking at the animals then I came home.
    Friday after my TOPS meeting I went to Wally World again and shopped for almost 2 hours. Then I brought all the groceries home and put them away.

I am doing well right now. I am really pleased. :bigsmile:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    I did my 1 hours spinning/kickboxing combo class today. It was a pretty good workout...as it always usually is:laugh:
  • mamatusa
    Options
    Today I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes, then did the Elliptical machine for 25 minutes. :smile:
  • time2wrk
    Options
    Last night was a 1 hour strength and endurance class (step intervals and free weight intervals). Today was a 60 minute spinning class.
  • time2wrk
    Options
    40 minutes of a floor aerobics class and 20 minutes of Pilates today. We really did a lot of sweating in there today!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Gotta love Pilates!

20 minutes of raking leaves.... gave up after the girls spread them all over the yard for the 3rd time:angry:

3 sets of 20 sit-ups.
  • rissa1322
    Options
    today i worked out on cardio with my trainer for 30 minutes
    then i did a cardio treadmill drill for 30 minutes...
    good monday work out.. hope it kickstarts the week!
  • lmzz
    lmzz Posts: 5
    Options
    Today I did 75 minutes of water aerobics. This isn't push the water to the left, push it to the right - this is an intense class. running, jumping, kicking, cross country skiing, treading water, shooting hoops, jumping jacks, leep frog - I get hot in the pool and have a lot of fun.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys! I haven't been on this thread in awhile. I have been doing the daily one posted by Niccole, but thought I'd say hi!!!

This morning I did a 70 min run/walk treadmill workout and about 15 minutes of strength train. I'm meeting a girlfriend at spinning at 5:30 tonight, too! It's going to be a kickoff to my week. I need to pick up the pace a little bit. I've been sort of trying to come out of my slump this past week and I'm hoping today will help me!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My workout varies according to time available and how much exercise I got at work. I have a treadmill, recumbent bike, elliptical machine and free weights at home along with several aerobic videos. I live outside of town and would never actually make it the gym if I had a membership.

I like to get about 45-60 minutes of cardio/legs in every day and arms/situps every other day. My elliptical machine is definitely the high calorie burner if I'm pressed for time. Riding the bike is more relaxing and I can read.

Once summer rolls around again I will do a lot of tennis, hiking/backpacking and maybe some mountain biking. For this winter though it's cross country skiing and snowboarding.

Yesterday I did about 25 minutes on the bike, 15 minutes on the elliptical and 50 situps on the balance ball.

This is great seeing how other people get their workout in. Some people's posts make me feel down right lazy!!:ohwell:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi all... this is my excercise routine it varies some from day to day.
    0230 at the gym 30 minutes on the elliptical
    30 Minutes on the Bike
    15 minutes on the stairs
    and a brisk walk to and from its about a 1/4 of a mile.
    1930 abs class for 30 minutes Monday/wednesday/Friday and Saturday
    2000 run 1.5 - 6 miles depends on the mood

and get up the next morning and start all over....I am not sure about loosing weight but I have lost inches. I promised a friend I wouldn't touch the scale for a MONTH. that part is killing me!

I know this sounds like a lot but I am really a lot happier then I have been a long time with how I feel.
  • oldandbroke
    Options
    Today 50 minutes weight training mostly back and chest.

24 minutes interval sprints on the treadmill.

met my calorie count and ratios - now that is hard work!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday: 15 minute warm up on treadmill 3.4 incline 7+
    Mondays-weights-legs + 30-45 minutes treadmill 3.4-3.6 incline 7.5 to 11
    Tuesdays-weights-abs and back and swim for 1 hour
    Wed-weights-chest and shoulders-and treadmill as above
    Thurs-step class or swim for 1-1.5 hours
    Fri-weights-back and arms and treadmill or oliptical for 30-45 minutes
    Sat-chasing the kids and the dogs
    Sun-NOTHING!! My day to be lazy.

I just increased my treadmill warm up Monday-I also wore layers (sweatshirt, tshirt and tank). I did a 12 incline at 3.5 for 15 minutes. The sweatshirt held up to its name. I also did 12 incline for most of my regular treadmill workout after doing the weights. My heart rate was 165 for a good 30 minutes. It was a great workout. I looked like somebody threw a glass of water in my face.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I played tennis on my lunch break in 20 degree weather today! The sun was out, but they were still making snow on the ski slopes a few blocks away!:laugh: Hard to say how productive it was. I never really warmed up. I will do some more cardio at home tonight. I did 90 min on the treadmill yesterday and came in about 500 cals under.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Have picked up the pace somewhat since beginning of October. Walk 5 miles in hills 3 days per week - takes about 1 1/2 hours, ride my bike for one hour 3 days per week ( same hills :grumble: ).
    I live in a very hilly area and there is no escape!! Need to work on doing weights/strength training. but have never liked doing that.