Lost weight and now I NEVER get hit on?!?

Options

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    3 pages of compliments. Is that enough? Did it satisfy your ego? I am pretty sure your original post was just to get compliments. I don't believe that you don't get hit on.
  • brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    I have to agree with most everyone else....you have the intimidation factor working against you....unfortunate....
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Maybe you thought once you lost the weight it would make a huge difference....and didn't get the change you were looking for. Maybe some guys think they couldn't get you, or will be rejected!!

You look beautiful....and when Mr. Right comes along, he will be lucky to have you!! Just go out have fun with your friends....don't worry about getting hit on, and it will happen!
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others...beauty can be intimidating. Most men aren't really the dogs that media portray them to be, ready to pounce on a beautiful woman woman as soon as she walks by. Rejection stings, so they tend to go for the woman that they are least likely to be rejected by. It also depends on their own confidence level.

You are beautiful (then and now), don't allow attention or lack of attention to dictate how you view yourself.
  • coffeelvr
    coffeelvr Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree, you look better, therefore more intimidating to guys!
  • Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely gorgeous! They are probably intimidated by your awesome looks! Maybe even worry that someone smokin' like you would turn them down. Keep your head high because you're lovely!

THIS! You are beautiful!!
  • keesh1123
    Options
    Wow, that is discouraging, but its got to be some weird coincidence as you look phenomenal! Don't stress on it. I'd totally approach you! :) Keep up the good work!

You are giving her exactly what she is looking for.

Why is this a problem??? You sound so hateful. Even if she were looking for attention (which it doesn't seem that she is), you never know why she may need it.
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    they might be intimidated by how hot you look.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT. Yeah, I'm betting guys are either intimidated OR your new confidence appears as "bit**y" to them. It's really hard for some knuckleheads to tell the difference. :happy:

Don't worry about it! I'm sure the right guy at the right time will find you or you will find him! Just keep your eyes open… nothing wrong with you saying 'hey' to them!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should just lower your standards! :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You're probably too hot now, guys don't want to get too close because they might get burned!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Wow. Women are total scabs to each other sometimes.
  • Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is discouraging, but its got to be some weird coincidence as you look phenomenal! Don't stress on it. I'd totally approach you! :) Keep up the good work!

You are giving her exactly what she is looking for.

So...some people need a little confidence booster once and a while...nothing wrong with that, if you dont want to compliment her, than dont...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    How I wish I have your problem. Fat or thin, I've never been approached by a guy except from those a**holes who needed a walking ATM :sad:

Are you kidding?! I've seen your pics and I think you're beautiful!

Awww thank you..

At least here where I am, I haven't experienced being approached by a guy. Although some people told me that when they saw me the first time, their impression of me was that I look intimidating & that I'm a snob because of my strong facial features especially my eyes. I don't know if it has something to do with the location because I'm in South East Asia & I don't have that classic Asian features (doll face, thin & petite body etc.) so maybe that explains it.

EDIT: But I do love my classic Latina body. :bigsmile:
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This will be my only response to negativity: everyone has their own insecurities, you can lift them up, or put them down, believe them , or not. I'm sorry if mine rubbed you the wrong way. You don't know me, or where I've been, or what people have said to me. I would explain, but it's not your business. I hope if you have children, or plan to, you don't treat their insecurities in the same manner.
  • keesh1123
    Options
    This will be my only response to negativity: everyone has their own insecurities, you can lift them up our put them down, believe them , or not. I'm sorry if mine rubbed you the wrong way. You don't know me, or where I've been or what people have said to me. I would explain, but it's not your business. I hope if you have children our plan to, you don't treat their insecurities in the same manner.

I was thinking the same thing concerning children. We have no problem showering them with confidence boosting compliments, but when it comes to adults, it's a problem. Well, that person who is now an adult, was once a child, and who knows if they ever received a compliment as a child or worse, always had negative words thrown at them that may have killed their self image.

Edited to add: you have no reason to be sorry...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing concerning children. We have no problem showering them with confidence boosting compliments, but when it comes to adults, it's a problem. Well, that person who is now an adult, was once a child, and who knows if they ever received a compliment as a child or worse, always had negative words thrown at them that may have killed their self image.

Edited to add: you have no reason to be sorry...
    It happened to me all the time when I was a kid. My male classmates constantly mocked & bullied me for being different, not so intelligent student & punched me many times. Not to mention that my own family kept comparing me to my skinny sister all my life as an overweight person ever since I gained weight at 15 that lead me to resort to diet pills, drugs, laxatives plus a 150 calorie a day diet, in short ED.

Now even though I'm the skinniest one in our family, still those self-esteem issues keeps on haunting me.
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look fanatstic, happy and approachable. My guess is that guys may think you already have a boyfriend! Now look at and enjoy all the fab and supportive comments you have received here. But as for the negative one's - please ignore them - they have NO substance. Can't believe some people can be intentionally cruel.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    3 pages of compliments. Is that enough? Did it satisfy your ego? I am pretty sure your original post was just to get compliments. I don't believe that you don't get hit on.
    wow, what a giant ray of sunshine you must be.........\m/

haterproof5qr.jpg
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Smells like a fishing thread to me. I get enough of that nonsense on Facebook.