No More Excuses - Week Two

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Tam, have patience my friend, all your hard work will pay off and you are getting stronger.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I did a 50 minute run this afternoon and am doing good with eating!

I`m off to pick up my kids from school and get them ready for Christmas pictures!

I hope everyone is doing well today,

Kim
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Have to confess - I'm over on my calories today. Nothing I can't fix with a good session on the treadmill though . . . better go and get on with it!
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    Hmm I had fun doing my pushups today,and dance class was so neat,I was loving the hiphop beats. :tongue:
  • amaline
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Amanda I like the idea of a mid week assessment! I am on track this week hurrah! Within cals and smashing my exercise goals.

So, I did my Filthy Fifties last night and it was so much more of a challenge than I remember it being. I think I really need to bump up the stregnth training as about a year ago I had no problems with that workout. Samantha and TNTPete you guys are right the Burpies were HORRID! all done though Woohoo!

So tonight I am due for W2D2 of C25k but still sorting out the gym membership so unless it gets a whole lot warmer by tonight I am going to do double Pilates instead. And maybe run around my apartment for a while :laugh:

@TNT Pete - pardon my ignorance :blushing: but what is a BSB/A?

Hope everyone is having a good week!

PS. Does anyone know of any good online resources for exercise videos? I have had a look on YouTube etc but they all seem to be only 5 mins or so. I don't even mind if it is a pay site but I just can't buy the DVDs here and I am pretty sure Amazon does not ship to China.
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey guys!!

I hope everyone is having a good week! My day at school was TERRIBLE. :grumble: One of my students was so out of it today. I teach special education and when one is having a bad day, it's BAD!!!

Anyway, I didn't run to the snack machine. I actually took the kids out and we walked. They earn "dollars" to buy from our class store when they do a good job on work, behavior, and now walking! Some of my students really need to get moving.

I even said no to homemade peanut butter delights - I just smelled them to get a fix! :laugh:

Been doing my push-ups every night on the wall. Can't do them on the floor yet, but I'll get there. I am almost at my weekly exercise goal and it's only 3 days in! I am proud of myself - I have been working hard to stay on an exercise schedule. Think I'll skip tonight. It's that TOM for me and I am not feeling so great! :sick:

I have been doing great on my eating this week. Trying to cook healthy meals, but I don't really eat much meat and don't want to overdo the carbs. I've been using a lot of turkey (ground, patties, sausage, bacon, etc.). Can't eat chicken anymore...

I made the mistake of hatching eggs in my class and once they hatched that was good-bye to eating chicken for me!

amaline - I'll keep an eye out for online resources for you.

Stay strong everyone!! If you need me, I am a computer away!

Christy
  • willow12
    Options
    Hello All :smile:

Just a fast run by......

I did my 35 mins on the stationary bike & 20 pushups last eve... more tonite!~ Yip.... eee :tongue:

Keep on keeping on :smile:
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    ugh not such a good day today! I didnt go over in my calories or fat but what i ate was not good. i didnt work out either just didnt work for me today. I will have a better day tommorow, but i do take comfort knowing that i didnt completly ruin my day by overeating!
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I have been doing good the last couple days, but I am still taking it easy until I go to the Dr. and find out what's going on. I feel good enough to work out, but the Dr. said to take it easy. I have been walking a little but no jogging.

I am so proud of all of you for the great job you are doing! :flowerforyou: Keep it up!!!

Amanda thank you so much for keeping such great tabs on all of us and being so motivating! You are doing a great job. I hope you are feeling better as well as your little girl. My prayers are with you.

I sure love this group and all of the motivation! I am ready to get the all clear from the Dr. so I can do my pushups and really push myself with my workouts. I know I am a day late, but I LOVE the Biggest Loser!!! :tongue: This weeks transformation was AMAZING!!!

I hope you are all doing well. Have a blessed evening.

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Christy, you crack me up. I have 34 chickens in the hen house, 25 baby chicks in the brooder, 10 baby ducks on the way, 5 adult ducks, 3 goats, 2 geese and a rabbit. I will eat chicken and duck eggs and chicken. I think it is the greatest thing in the world to watch baby chicks and ducks hatch. What an amazing experience.

Christy, I am sorry you are not feeling up to par. I hate TOM. It absolutely sucks! I also understand about a bad day with students. My little girl made it through the day but the note that came home made me realize just because I thought she was doing better, she has still very difficult. The poor teachers, they are absolutely awesome with her. They asked me to keep her home tomorrow. LOL

Amaline, YEAH for being on track so far these week. That is great!!!! I will also be looking for on-line exercise classes for you!

Willow, good job on the exercise!

Whitney, I am hoping tomorrow will be better. You know we all need rest once in awhile. Take care of yourself.

Jess, you are also so positive, your posts make me smile. I am glad you are with all of us. I hope you get a good report from your doctor soon! Good job on the walking.

Ann, any new reports on your dh yet. Still hoping and praying for good news.

Naoko, glad you had a good day.

Kim, hope your family pics turned out great. We need to do one, haven't in three years, it is such a nightmare with the youngest.

Littlebigbird, good job kicking the extra calories off with more exercise!!!

Have a great rest of Wednesday or whatever day it is where you are.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Having a good week, exercised everyday, stayed in control of my nutrition. I have lost 4 pounds so far this week which makes up for the 1 pound a week I had lost the previous 2 weeks.

It's not Biggest Loser numbers, but i am pretty happy with it.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Amaline -- the BSB/A is my degree in business in administration which I needed as I was accepted into officer training school!! Very exciting as well - so cake was definitely in order yesterday but, off the menu today!

Much better today! Ate well and actually am trying to come up with a snack to eat later that is light and adds some calories. Ran on the treadmill - did 3 miles and mixed in different paces (always do that on the treadmill... get bored on it). I do need to do a long run soon though... hmmm.

Oh and push ups, check!

Everyone have a great night and if you read this tomorrow -- have a wonderful day!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Having a good week, exercised everyday, stayed in control of my nutrition. I have lost 4 pounds so far this week which makes up for the 1 pound a week I had lost the previous 2 weeks.

It's not Biggest Loser numbers, but i am pretty happy with it.

Yeah you!!! Way to go!
  • dariahrose
    dariahrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Having a good week so far. Have made it to the gym three days this week already. Tonight is going to be tough, going to a concert in NYC with some old college roommates. I had a light breakfast and a soup for lunch so hopefully that leaves me enough calories to have something delicious and healthy (?) for when I get to the city.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! You all are doing amazing!!! Good for all of us. I am doing "okay". Nothing to write home about, but sticking to the plan.

Oh....last night I pulled a fast one on my family. Made a meatloaf with Turkey. HA HA HA!!! They Loved it. I was so glad. That is one of my goals is to start cooking more healthy for all of us. Turkey is so much better for you than hamburger, but I just have to convince my 2 teen-age sons that! :)

Amanda, thanks for asking about my dh. He is super duper fantastic!!!! :love: Actually we got results from all of his tests and they all came back negative for cancer! YIPEE and to God be the Glory!:drinker: Still researching some of the pain symptoms but at least the worst was ruled out! He had 3 teeth extracted as well and we are really leaning towards the infection that those bad teeth put into his system is the culprit!!!:angry: Now just to get him off cigarettes!! :grumble: He is doing well and actually staying positive about it all! I am so glad. This whole scare is the biggest reason for all of us wanting to get healthy!!! Families are way to valuable to take for granted! Don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them! And be kind to everyone as you never know what they are going through!

God's love to all of you!

Now.....I didn't do the treadmill last night. Enjoyed my dh's company instead!:blushing: However this morning I did my pushups and then did some crunches and leg lifts to get me going! Didn't break a sweat but got things loosened up for the day. My goal is to walk, walk, walk at work today!

Have a great day everyone!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday...It is now 10:08 a.m. at my house. Just getting started with my transcription today. I ran out of tea and am having a caffeine withdrawal headache. I know I need to let go of the caffeine but it is very hard. I tried it before and kept headaches for a week and then gave in again. I didn't exercise yesterday. I had to run errands and get groceries after work and then had to work again last night until midnight. I'm going to the gym today as soon as I finish working. I finally dropped another pound for a total of 2. Woo-hoo. At least I finally saw a tiny little result. Hope everyone has a fantastic day and stays on track. Good job everyone!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Good morning, just got back from a kick-butt work-out at the gym. This is one of the best things I have did in a longtime. Worked out on treadmill, elliptical and stair climber and then used the straps from the TRX system and worked some core muscles. Mmmmmmmmm, felt good!

Off to take littlest one to the doc, she is still not feeling well and with her being non-verbal I don't really have a clue. She is miserable and in return making us miserable. Poor baby girl!!! :sad:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Off to take littlest one to the doc, she is still not feeling well and with her being non-verbal I don't really have a clue. She is miserable and in return making us miserable. Poor baby girl!!! :sad:

Hope they are able to give her some relief!!! Being sick is miserable no matter who you are or how old you are! Here's to her feeling better!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Glad you are enjoying your gym membership. Sounds awsome!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Well its gonna be another NOT that great day as far as the foods i am choosing to eat, i am going out to dinner to my fav restaurant with some friends and then were goin to the midnight showing of Twilight, however im not going over on my calories so not too bad, and im going to be doing an intense workout before class!
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Having a MUCH better day today. I went way over on my calories yesterday, but am well within them today and I've had a great 40 mins on the treadmill. Phew - feel so much better.