is it okay to go to the zoo alone?

Options
124»

Replies

• BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have a pass to our Zoo (Riverbanks, SC) so when I go to my doctor appointments (80 miles from home but close to the Zoo) at the VA, I always stop and walk around for a few. I'm usually alone but never for long. The keepers love to chat about the animals and once I even got a free behind the scenes tour because I was Alone. So I say go and enjoy!
  • simplysteff
    Options
    LOL of course it's ok if you WANT to go. Then again to make the experience "parent" authentic you'd have to take yourself to the bathroom 16 time in 3 hours, remind yourself not to climb the fences, beg yourself for a $30 rubber snake from the gift shop and then throw yourself on the ground as you pass the snack bar because you need stale popcorn to throw away, and wash yourself in hand sanitizer....hmm maybe I NEED to go to the zoo alone!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. I am comfortable going places by myself, I usually bring some music with me and be on my way.

I would go to the zoo by myself if i really wanted too. I like having a friend(s) around because it just makes the experience a lot more fun in my opinion :)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    LOL of course it's ok if you WANT to go. Then again to make the experience "parent" authentic you'd have to take yourself to the bathroom 16 time in 3 hours, remind yourself not to climb the fences, beg yourself for a $30 rubber snake from the gift shop and then throw yourself on the ground as you pass the snack bar because you need stale popcorn to throw away, and wash yourself in hand sanitizer....hmm maybe I NEED to go to the zoo alone!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • purplehorizon
    purplehorizon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I go everyone alone. Not that I don't have friends because the majority of the time I do go with friends but on the occasion when I want to go somewhere and everyone else are iffy about it, I just go alone. I use to work weird hours and missed out on the Friday night socializing so I would go to a movie at noon or so and still enjoyed it.

I say go for it and make a day of it :smile:
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cinderella went to the ball alone, and she did ok.

Hahahaha, I am ABSOLUTELY telling myself this the next time I feel self-conscious about going somewhere alone.

To the OP, I'm glad you went and that you enjoyed your day!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    feck yes, the zoo is awesome. Be sure to stand on one leg in front of the elephants.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people have such a hard time going places by themselves. I do all sorts of things alone like going to the movies, the theatre and sit down restaurants. I have friends who wouldn't dare think about doing these things unless they had someone with them. I'm married, a mom of 9 yo twins, work a stressful full-time job with the public, so I really appreciate those times when I can be alone with my thoughts. Doesn't happen very often.

It's called anxiety.. it's not something which can easily leave..
  • Matthew654321
    Options
    It's my 21st this Wednesday and i'm going to the zoo on my own :) i hope i get to see the giraffes getting fed...