Gym pet peeves

Options

Replies

• Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    People sitting on the weight machines and texting/talking to their friend for ages.

Women who 'race' you on the eliptical and keep looking over at your screen.

^ These two and people who give you dirty looks for actually working out while they are there to chase the trainers around.
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just thought of another one. We have a guy in our gym that gets a cut off broom stick and acts like he is doing karate. He swings the stick around and walks between the equipment doing round house kicks (you can tell he has no clue what he is doing)!
    WTF??? That is absurd.

It certainy is!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing guys wearing jeans when they lift. It sort of creeps me out, because all I can think about is how sweaty and chafed they must get working out in jeans! Blech...

You just reminded me of another one and this will give you an idea what section of the country I am located.

We have a guy that wears jeans, cowboy boots, a wife beater and a chain securing his wallet! WTH???

Vale Colorado? LOL. The boots were a giveaway but the rest of that description could've been any area overrun with wannabe thugs.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Options
    I just thought of another one. We have a guy in our gym that gets a cut off broom stick and acts like he is doing karate. He swings the stick around and walks between the equipment doing round house kicks (you can tell he has no clue what he is doing)!
    WTF??? That is absurd.

AWESOME, that reminds me of two guys at my gym. One wears his sunglasses (which seems to be a growing trend while lifting) and raps in the mirror. The other practices his popping and locking and windmills between sets.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeves

9. When your on a cardio machine, and there is nobody around you, all other machines are open and someone decides to use the machine right next to you.

This rule also applies to restroom stalls. Geeze, give a person a little space!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    WTF??? That is absurd.

AWESOME, that reminds me of two guys at my gym. One wears his sunglasses (which seems to be a growing trend while lifting) and raps in the mirror. The other practices his popping and locking and windmills between sets.

:huh: :huh: :noway: :noway: You have to post a picture of that here one day.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    LOL this is Awesome!

Oh! Also while doing the spinning classes - Shut the heck up !!!! I want to concentrate on the ride not your conversations! HAHA

^This!!!^ I love spin because there's loud music and I can totally focus on the workout...except when there are a couple of chatty cathies who want to have their own little gossip session during the workout. Drives me nuts!!! If you can talk, you aren't working hard enough!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My trainer is a socializer.. he knows everyone it seems like.

What annoys me, is when I'm with my trainer and other trainers/random people just come up to him and start chatting away or asking questions like it's not big deal. Um excuse you, but eff off.. this is my hour and he needs to be focusing on me.. if you would like to schedule a session, then please do so.

Other then that, not much bugs me. I've started going earlier in the morning when no one is there.. makes lifting a breeze!
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    LOL this is Awesome!

People with major BO!!! And while working out never have a towel to wipe off excess sweat and it;s like pouring off of them! ewwwww!!! LOL

Oh! Also while doing the spinning classes - Shut the heck up !!!! I want to concentrate on the ride not your conversations! HAHA

I hate the puddles of sweat!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I just left the gym and several items jumped out at me. I would like to here your gym pet peeves and let's see if we are encroaching on others but don't even realize it.

Here are mine:

1. Not removing weights from machines and barbells when you are done.
    2. Men who walk around or just sit bare naked in the locker room for all others to see.
    3. People who stand around the equipment and socialize.
    4. People who walk slowly from one station to another. Get a move on!
    5. Placing your towel on a piece of equipment you are not even using.
    6. Loud talkers!

Geez I have alot!

Well....
    -There is also the curlbro who takes up a squat rack to do his bicep curls. Couldn't grab some dumbbells, a curl bar, or a straight bar off one of the benches, had to be at one of the three squat racks during the busiest time.
    -The supersetter who hogs up multiple pieces of equipment at the same time during the busiest time. The last one of these I ran into was doing situps on an incline board and hogging up a lay flat ab crunch machine so he could do planks with his feet on the ab crunch machine and hands on an exercise ball. I have no problem with super setting, just don't do it when other people need the equipment.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    People that text in the weight room

I literally wanna slap the **** out of them

That is all
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    -Curling in the squat rack
    -dropping weights.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Roid raged, pimple backed, pot bellied, Tap Out Tee wearing DBs
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My trainer is a socializer.. he knows everyone it seems like.

What annoys me, is when I'm with my trainer and other trainers/random people just come up to him and start chatting away or asking questions like it's not big deal. Um excuse you, but eff off.. this is my hour and he needs to be focusing on me.. if you would like to schedule a session, then please do so.

Other then that, not much bugs me. I've started going earlier in the morning when no one is there.. makes lifting a breeze!

This makes me think of one trainer we have that absolutely refuses to use the desginated stretching area to stretch. He, instead, sprawls out in between the equipment so you either can't use a couple of pieces of equipment or he is so close to you it is uncomfortable.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Options
    WTF??? That is absurd.

:huh: :huh: :noway: :noway: You have to post a picture of that here one day.

I have been trying to catch them both on film for weeks but I can't do it with out seeming obvious and I want to get good candids. I promise I will do my best. It's flippin' hilarous!
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    hahaha i would move his towel and take your time with the squats!!!
  • jlmoses91
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is when random guys, and a few girls try to flirt with me when i work out. If i wanted to talk I wouldnt be running with headphones in!!!
  • thundercatkho
    Options
    My gym has a lot of "real housewives" type of women who loiter around the facilities. I hate these women; these are the women who compete with you while you're on the the elliptical. It's not a race, and I really don't care that you think you're working harder than me or moving faster. They are also the woman who came to the gym fully made-up and spend a good portion of time conversing loudly.

I wish they'd just get together elsewhere.
  • jlmoses91
    Options
    LOL this is Awesome!

People with major BO!!! And while working out never have a towel to wipe off excess sweat and it;s like pouring off of them! ewwwww!!! LOL

I hate the puddles of sweat!

Yes! But dont forget about the guys who wear insane amounts of axe to where i want to gag! And girls who where so much sweet perfume they smell like cotton candy.....One spray thats it!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    *socializers
    *people who get on the cardio machine right next to yours even though the entire row is empty
    *and when above mentioned people try and check out what you have done, usually because they can't believe a fat girl can run that long. And usually above mentioned people are the socializers.
    *grunters