Foods I have found that help me stay on track :)

Options

Replies

• i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit
    greek yogurt
    chicken breast
    boiled eggs
    salad packs (hey, look, here's my dinner, or at least something to make my quick stuff healthier when I am starving)
    granola bars or protein bars I like most kinds but try to choose the ones with under 100 cal
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste deviled eggs are awesome snack item for me.

I'm looking this up!
  • tangled869
    Options
    popcorn
    seaweed snacks
    sparkling flavored water - love La Croix, no calories
    various nuts
    sweet potato chips
    popchips
    single serving canned/pouch salmon
    triscuits
    lemon/lime
    spices
    jalapenos
    homemade wraps - easy to make & control calories
    crystal light lemonade
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Also, Fiber One brownies, warmed up with a scoop of frozen Lite Cool Whip on top!

that sounds amazing!
    I have both of those at home, why didn't I ever think of that?!?
    Gonna try that when I get home from work today.

thanks for the post
    and I didn't even have to bump because I actually had something to say... yay!
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Good one OP, instead of the odd bump in your thread now there is a discussion about what bump means running throughout it, surely that is more annoying lol.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    pb2! I cannot get enough peanut butter in my life
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    MiO
    Cottage cheese
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Very dark chocolate - like 85% or more. I dunk it in a cup of hot cocoa - cocoa powder (sugar free) hot water and a bit of milk and let it melt in my mouth - keeps the chocolate cravings away and makes me happy :smile:

(and on the bump thing - MFP really does need to put a follow thread or bookmark on this board - I totally agree with the OP that if you are looking for what seems like interesting information - and this thread is - then getting pages of people saying "bump" is really unhelpful and annoying)
  • salfally
    salfally Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow lol. Educational thread. I learned a lot. Bump de bump. Rofl.
  • All_is_well_1959
    Options
    -Papaya
    -Royal gala apples
    -Jacket potato
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump.. my contribution, weight watchers yogurts, all around 60 calories each, Asda fresh bagged turnip, 13/100, Alpen light granola bars 63 cals each fresh soups from Asda/Morrisons/Sainsbury, best one is carrot and corainder from Asda 70 / 300g.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    For me : -

Blueberries
    Boiled Eggs ( loving duck eggs right now and very filling)
    Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt
    Wild Alaskan Salmon
    Poached Salmon
    Protein Powder (though oddly finding that casein protein powder is nowhere near as satiating as whey protein)
    85% dark chocolate (relatively safe for me to have around as I don't like it enough to binge on it)
    Green And Blacks Hot Chocolate (made with water)
    Pears (usually replaces dessert)
    Nakd bars ( instead of protein bars, no added sugar, just raw fruit and nut)
    Cottage Cheese (I find a 200g tub really fills me up)
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    weirdly enough - parmesan (fresh shaved from block). Rather than having large lump of cheese, 5-10g of this makes for a stronger cheesy flavour with much fewer calories/satfat/sodium. Very good with rocket and balsamic vinegar.

Fresh fruit - at the moment mostly berries/nectarines/kiwi fruits. But whatever the greengrocer has on offer.

Total 0% greek yoghurt - helps bump up protein without fat

Almond milk - only brought a couple of days ago but loving it as I can't have too much dairy without getting ill and this is the first substitute I've found that I really like.

Thinly sliced salami - I like stronger tasting foods and this gives me taste without too many calories as its so thin its practically see through and I only have 2 slices.

Frozen spinach - I chuck it in all my curries and spicy stews and no one complains because it basically disappears. Adds veg and especially iron with out a fuss.

Spices and fresh herbs - I can't eat bland food and neither will my dh/kids so this adds flavour without the calories.

Nuts - just 3 or 4 brazil nuts as a snack or 10g of slivered almonds on top of my fruit salad gives a nice crunchy protein hit.
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bookmark for later
  • krmartin1
    krmartin1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Special K 100 calorie bars :) Also the special k cracker chips are really good. Anyone have anything for chocolate cravings? :happy:
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who posted, particularly those who mentioned the Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds! I picked some up yesterday and I ADORE them. :smile:
  • rpoupard99
    rpoupard99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump

;-)
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who posted, particularly those who mentioned the Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds! I picked some up yesterday and I ADORE them. :smile:

Don't forget, there's a cinnamon version too! :love:
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    nonfat greek yogurt w/ spenda and natural vanilla flavoring with frozen dole sugar free strawberries. Better than ice cream and great protein and fruit!
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bump :tongue: