*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in June *

Options

Replies

• hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's run:

3.0 mile run in 33:27, Avg Pace 11:09, Splits 11:17 - 11:08 - 11:02, 88F, DP 75F, sunny, light breeze, BC 5/5.

Bonus run today, not on my training plan, but felt like running anyway :) Felt good.

Saw lots of baby lizards today, a fish hawk and a few ducks. The sidewalks still have a lot of debris from the high winds, portions of it felt like a trail run.

WTD: 10.8
    MTD: 76.6
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    M - 6 miles
    T - 6 miles
    W - 4 miles with two races at the track. 1500m in 5:14 (21 second PR) and 400m in 64 (2 second PR)

WTD - 20.9
    MTD - 140.2
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I haven't been able to run since my long run Sunday. I've hurt my foot and it hurts just to bare any weight on it. Every morning I wake up and hope when I get out of bed the pain will be gone, but nope still there. I'm just cross training in the meantime. At least I already hit my goal.. but this is not good for my marathon training. I'm really bummed about it.
  • danabrash
    danabrash Posts: 67
    Options

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    M - 6 miles
    T - 6 miles
    W - 4 miles with two races at the track. 1500m in 5:14 (21 second PR) and 400m in 64 (2 second PR)

WTD - 20.9
    MTD - 140.2

you were flying! nothing gets you down! way to go!
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to run since my long run Sunday. I've hurt my foot and it hurts just to bare any weight on it. Every morning I wake up and hope when I get out of bed the pain will be gone, but nope still there. I'm just cross training in the meantime. At least I already hit my goal.. but this is not good for my marathon training. I'm really bummed about it.

Oh no! So sorry that you are in pain. Hopefully some rest will heal it up and you'll get back to your training! Smart move to give it a rest - I know people often try to run through it and end up really hurting themselves!
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    6 miles run for me today!
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Monday 8.3 Tuesday 8.5, Wednesday 8.4 and today 8 miles.

exercise.png
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    5.1 mile run in 56:14, Mile Splits 11:27 - 11:16 - 11:00 - 10:54 - 10:38, 91F, DP 63, Sunny.

Since my long run is 7 miles, and my short runs are 3 miles, I guess I can call this a Medium Long Run. Felt stiff the first mile, as usual. Felt good the rest of the run, as usual. Felt like I could have kept going another couple miles, easy.

Saw 25-30 ducks, a lesser heron, a BIG turtle, the usual lizards (including one that wanted to play chicken...I flinched first and altered my stride, lol), a couple coromots, a squirrel running along a power line. I think I saw a pelican as well, it was far out in the lake.

WTD: 15.9
    MTD: 81.7 (beat my goal of 80) :)
  • j_courter
    Options
    5.1 mile run in 56:14, Mile Splits 11:27 - 11:16 - 11:00 - 10:54 - 10:38, 91F, DP 63, Sunny.

Since my long run is 7 miles, and my short runs are 3 miles, I guess I can call this a Medium Long Run. Felt stiff the first mile, as usual. Felt good the rest of the run, as usual. Felt like I could have kept going another couple miles, easy.

Saw 25-30 ducks, a lesser heron, a BIG turtle, the usual lizards (including one that wanted to play chicken...I flinched first and altered my stride, lol), a couple coromots, a squirrel running along a power line. I think I saw a pelican as well, it was far out in the lake.

WTD: 15.9
    MTD: 81.7 (beat my goal of 80) :)

way to pass your goal! you had me stumped on coromot... i had to google it. i've had to alter my stride for a critter before, but that was for a baby raccoon!
  • j_courter
    Options
    Monday 8.3 Tuesday 8.5, Wednesday 8.4 and today 8 miles.

exercise.png

you are fantastic, as always! how long have you been running? do you EVER take a day off!? once again, you are amazing!
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    way to pass your goal! you had me stumped on coromot... i had to google it. i've had to alter my stride for a critter before, but that was for a baby raccoon!

Thanks :) I often call Coromots "Submarine Birds" 'cause they can swim so long under water.
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    8.1 today. 144 for the month. Got up early to beat the heat and managed to get a knot in my calf, ran through it and it got somewhat better, had to ice afterwards, hopefully it will let me finish out the month. I need both runs to hit my goal.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    June 28
    8 miles
    Grand total 116
  • sidhe31
    sidhe31 Posts: 96
    Options
    I've been out of action for almost 2 weeks now, a grand total of 8 miles in the last 2 weeks due to a strained Soleus (I hope) from being over eager. Hoping to be back into regular, pain free, running in July but who knows. The October marathon isn't looking promising at this point.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    6/26 6 miles

6/28 6.3 miles

MTD: 41.7
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    6 miles yesterday (6/23) and 10 miles today(6/24) - 51 for the month. Should be able to get in 19 more before the end of the month!

6/26: 4 miles
    6/27: 3 miles

Total for the month : 58.

So close yet so far...
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    8 slow miles today. Calf felt ok. One long run left for the month to hit goal.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 10 miles

exercise.png
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    3.35 m today

exercise.png