LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options

Replies

• midnitexsun
    Options
    :smile: hiya i'm 46 and have already gone thru the menopause and am now on hrt so i know what your going thru
  • mijalo
    mijalo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi My name is Melissa and today is my forth day. I am 43 and have just been tested to see if I am premenopausal... Waiting for results....Add me if you like. :)
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 48 and have had menopause symptoms for a couple of years which have worsened over the last 8 or so months....I have to starve to lose a pound....actually I have to do cardio everyday and stay at 1200 calories to lose<
    which = starving!!!! :grumble:

SUGGESTION: why don't we just start up our own little group and all be friends? We could stay in touch, share our goals, exercise tips, recipes, mini challenges etc?

will follow this thread to see what everyone thinks :smile:
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i'm 47 no menopause yet that I can see, but definitely need to lose the weight. friend me if you like.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 42 , the same struggles. Feel free to add me, there is a group Fit, Fab & Over 40
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 42 , the same struggles. Feel free to add me, there is a group Fit, Fab & Over 40
    didn't know there was a group already started
  • amgchick
    amgchick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will add you! :)
  • BrendaJaneK
    Options
    I'll be 48 in November and going strong! I'd like more 40-somethings myself, please feel free to add me. Thanks, Brenda.
  • zitiswiti
    zitiswiti Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Valerie, add me to your group. I am 46 and have just gained an extra 40 lbs. due to spending many days on the couch due to NO energy. i have been on natural hormone replacement and after 4 months, am feeling much better. now the weight loss begins. Looking forward to being your friend.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My friends list is pretty full so unless you invite me with a message I probably wont be adding others but for those of you in the same boat please invite others who have responded to this post. We can all use lots of support.
  • dablove45
    Options
    Does this support group still exist, I really need some help and support, I am 44, I have been attempting to lose for weeks now and no results, I am ready to give up... please advice, what do I do?
  • isabellesgranny
    Options
    please add me
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Well, at least you know now that the slim fast gimmicks don't work. Welcome to the boards, post often.
  • rltmom
    Options
    Hi! I just started at MFP and saw your post. I am 47, mom to two active boys who are 11 and 7 and six months into this PM roller coaster ride. I have been hit hard with hot flashes, insomnia, fatigue, irritability, and oh yeah--weight gain around the middle. I have had weight issues pretty much most of my adult life but this has set me over the edge. I am tired of being this run down and overweight. I have 80 lbs to lose. I am starting Atkins to try and jump start my metabolism but I would love to offer support to each other no matter what method or diet works for us. Feel free to friend me. :)
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Everyone please feel free to add me. I am 42 and looking to lose 75 more pounds. I have lost 22 so far with my work as a massage therapist and exercising on the recumbent bike every day. I need some encouragement to keep going as my weight loss is slow and will be long-going. Thanks!
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Definitely harder. I'm 48 and it's slooooow going this time around. Had babies at age 40 and 43 and that didn't help. Here is a group specifically for women over 40. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3004-women-40-and-over
  • wildflower0872
    Options
    Just turned 40... sob sob! :-)

8lbs lost so far in the first month and hoping it continues. Open profile and diary and happy to be added by anyone who wants to share, support and have a bit of a laugh and some light relief!

Wild xxx :flowerforyou:
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    hi

I'm 41 and struggling too, my diary is open and happy for new friends for support

martyxx
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'll be 40 in April 2013...I have the odd aches and pains but nothing to major - but would be happy to cheer on and motivate anyone that needs encouragement (as long as they are trying of course :wink:
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and have been having my menopause for 2 years now so I know the struggle!! Please feel free to add me