Replies

• MimiCro
    MimiCro Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    great, u r beautiful!
  • mommy2kynnedy
    mommy2kynnedy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring! Great job!!!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great post! Keep smiling....you earned it!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Great job, congratulations! What a transformation...

My journey is almost the same as yours. I was also like that when I was still big at 165lbs. with a 36" waist (I'm 5'2) & thought that I would never get down to a 30" waist (typical US size 10 I think) which was the smallest that I ever achieved throughout my adult life. I used to envy my mother & my younger sister who were both skinny, had a 25-26" waist & could fit in a US size 0-2. Nevertheless I just contented myself with reaching the fittest that my body can possibly be. To my surprise, after 3 years of changing my lifestyle, I'm now the skinniest, have a 26" waist & can fit in a US size 0-2 clothes while my once skinny sister is now wearing 3 inches sizes bigger than me, same with my mom although they still not fat because of their naturally smaller frames.
    Moral of the story: Slow and steady wins the race :) It's a lifetime commitment, not just a diet.

I love this!
  • melliamsburg
    melliamsburg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Geez louise Girl!!! You look fabulous and I can't wait for my story to be like yours. You are absolutely right. The turtle always wins and people (like the fat kid in me) think "who cares as long as I die happy, right?"
    Well, challenging yourself to be fit and healthy for the rest of your life, however long it may be, is one of the hardest goals you will ever meet. Next to finding your spiritual foundation and building upon it. Inspiring others to be healthy and happy is what "those" girls like yourself is exactly the prescription this country needs. My husband recently lost his 'Maw-Maw' to natural causes of old age and nearly making it to her 94th birthday still busy as bee and walking without any sort of assistance is my life goal and inspiration!!
    In loving memory of Hazel 'Maw-Maw' Wallace - accomplished ballerina and loving Great-Grandma. xoxox
  • earndien
    earndien Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i total love your story..... it realy speaks to many of us i think, you look great
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

My biggest fear is going back into my old patterns and gaining all the weight and not being able to stop.

I don't have the most impressive food diary, and I definitely don't eat as clean as I should, but I still try to stay within my calorie limit and get exercise regularly.. and really that's all I can do in the end.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    *like* :flowerforyou:

You can do it! This is your life now, and you have the tools to get back on the horse if you ever do fall.
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! you are one of those girls... the girl that knows it's about hard work and respecting your mind and body. very inspirational xxx
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    you certainly are one of "those" girls, and you sound like a really sweet girl too and that makes you all the more beautiful.
  • ANMUR43
    ANMUR43 Posts: 20
    Options
    Congrats on the hard work and wieght loss results. I need to tone now that I've lost 50 plus pounds. If you have trouble with the food, you might consider a 12 step program to keep from overeating and gaining it all back. many people can't keep going without a program of full recovery. My program of OA has been my lifesaver. Just something to keep in Mind.
    :flowerforyou:
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    Congrats! And I know exactly what you mean by "one of those girls" because I do that all the time at the gym. Look at a skinny girl and hope one day I'm there (of course not only to be skinny, but healthy, confident, and HAPPY, too!) It is amazing that you've made it there. I am slowly but surely making my way, and I hope to be where you are one day, too!
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, congrats!
  • jackie_jz
    jackie_jz Posts: 4
    Options
    What a cool post! I bookmarked this for future reference!
  • alikrorp225
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! I wish I'd had your attitude when I was younger. I fear at 39 and after 2 kids it's too late for me :cry: My body is OK, but my tummy will NEVER be flat again :ohwell:

Very well done, you look stunning! :flowerforyou:

Don't give up! I have a friend who has had FOUR kids. She's 40 and looks AMAZING. It can be done. I used to think I'd never get their either, until I met Holly. The older we get, the harder we have to work...that's all. You can do it! :bigsmile:

To the OP: GREAT job! Thank you for sharing your story. You inspire us all. You look fabulous!:happy:
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and wow you have great legs! Congrats on your success!!!!
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    what an awesomely motivating post! you look great in all the pics, but so fit and happy in the new ones! Congrats!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, and wonderful achievement!!!
  • hayleeannie
    hayleeannie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Love This! I ill feel like this one day, I have to !
  • MirandaEnlightened
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really are "one of those girls"!!!! Now you are some inspiration for me! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!