53 lbs down!! Pics :)

Options
THEErikaR
THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
I started at 347lbs on Jan 12, 2012. I am currently 294 lbs!!
Today is one of those days where you need to celebrate what you've done so far bcuz the road still seems very long!! lol

I was a size 24 (honestly should've been a 26 but I was in denial... lol) Yesterday I tried on a pair of jeans at LB and I fit into and zipped up a pair of size 20's!!! It doesn't seem like something to celebrate to some, but I'm thrilled!!! When I went to put them on I thought, "these pants are so small!!" and they pulled right up!!! I was amazed... true pride came over me and I almost cried!! My hard work is slowly but SURELY paying off. They fit but I can't wear them yet, they gave me a pretty good muffin top so I bought them and plan on wearing them within the next month or so!! lol

It has been five months since I started, dropping lbs is so exciting and motivating at first, but once you've made the changes and you've been doing it awhile the excitement fades a little. I'm glad I bought those jeans bcuz they are a small goal I know I can achieve and keep myself motivated for. One day, one meal, one good decision at a time!!

Dec 2011
387540_325700974126061_1343875395_n1.jpg

June 2012
erikar2-1.jpg

What do you think???

Replies

• Giles1234
    Giles1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! You really should be so proud of yourself. It is not easy to stay motivated, and you are an inspiration to us all. :flowerforyou:
  • CourtneyTN
    Options
    Wow, huge transformation! You are looking great, look at your waist!!! Keep up the excellent work! :)
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, keithserika. You've made monumental progress; it is especially noticeable in the torso. The clothing size victory must make you feel good, too. I know that I get a thrill when I put on an old outfit and it fits again!

You have a very healthy approach to your weight loss - one moment at a time - that will serve you well on your journey. Good luck!
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can see a HUGE difference! Well done!
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job and an inspiration to all. 53 lbs is a huge loss and the road may seem long but at least you have less of a "load" to take down that road. Keep up the great work!!
  • crazymom23boys1girl
    crazymom23boys1girl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are looking so much smaller! Good for you. I have bought clothes that don't quite fit me and used them as a motivator and measure of progress. It's a great feeling when you can wear them well - and an even better feeling when they get too big!
    Keep up the great work!
    11672710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started at 347lbs on Jan 12, 2012. I am currently 294 lbs!!
    Today is one of those days where you need to celebrate what you've done so far bcuz the road still seems very long!! lol

I was a size 24 (honestly should've been a 26 but I was in denial... lol) Yesterday I tried on a pair of jeans at LB and I fit into and zipped up a pair of size 20's!!! It doesn't seem like something to celebrate to some, but I'm thrilled!!! When I went to put them on I thought, "these pants are so small!!" and they pulled right up!!! I was amazed... true pride came over me and I almost cried!! My hard work is slowly but SURELY paying off. They fit but I can't wear them yet, they gave me a pretty good muffin top so I bought them and plan on wearing them within the next month or so!! lol

It has been five months since I started, dropping lbs is so exciting and motivating at first, but once you've made the changes and you've been doing it awhile the excitement fades a little. I'm glad I bought those jeans bcuz they are a small goal I know I can achieve and keep myself motivated for. One day, one meal, one good decision at a time!!

Dec 2011
    387540_325700974126061_1343875395_n1.jpg

June 2012
    erikar2-1.jpg

What do you think???

I needed to read this and see these photos today. I've been having a pity party over not losing any weight and being exactly where I started 4 weeks ago when I first logged into MPF. Thank you for bringing me back to reality with your inspiring post and amazing attitude! Like you wrote, "One day, one meal, one good decision at a time!! " You look great, thanks for the inspiration!
  • msmariebrown
    Options
    This is so awesome. You have every right to be proud!
  • spockthedog
    Options
    Wow!! You are looking great. I just joined and you are inspiring me. You are awesome!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I think you have done wonderful :) keep up the good work
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    You are doing such a great job and you can see the difference keep up the great work and I know those jeans are going to look great!!!!!
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! You are an inspiration to me, keep up the great work!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You're doing SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up, babe! :flowerforyou:
  • Tropicalgirl3
    Tropicalgirl3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. It's so great you have these pics because any time you are feeling down just pull them out and look at your amazing accomplishment!! You are looking soooooooo good!! Keep up the hard work. You are such an inspiration!! Best of luck in your continued journey!
  • alostkookie
    alostkookie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you ****ing look fabulous!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    WOW - Your hard work is definitely paying off! I share your excitement for trying on those smaller jeans & having them fit! Be very proud of yourself and keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing your pics!
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great job!! That is a wonderful accomplishment on the weight loss. I love it when new sizes fit me.
  • Berni099
    Berni099 Posts: 1
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! that is so Great I hope to be there to.
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I never thought I could inpsire anyone... what a great feeling!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!