Becoming one of "those" girls

Options

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Your story is so familiar to me....thanks for sharing and congratulations.
  • ashleighk123
    ashleighk123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! =]
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!!!!!! Your in excellent shape!!! :D
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!! hell yeah you are one of those girls.. and you must be dang proud!
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Keep up the good work.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Honey YOU are an inspiration. Wow.
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    u look beautiful!! U are such an inspiration! !:)
  • aunverzagt
    aunverzagt Posts: 10
    Options
    I think you looked fine then-and look great now! The post makes for great inspiration!
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    you look amazinggg
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love this post. That's the thing about "those girls"--sure, some of them are "naturally" skinny (or at least they are when they're 20s) but a lot of them are like the girl who inspired you: in the gym every day, or working hard on the trail, or on a bike, or with their diet EVERY DAY. That's why they look so good. But when you're on the other side, unhappy with your body, not used to what it takes to make it look and feel the way you want it to...it's easy to think they're just lucky. Now you know what they do: That buying a size 2 feels amazing, but particularly amazing when you know what you did to get there. Keep up the great work!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    you def are one of those girls!!
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    :heart: amazing!
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    bump! congrats!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    "Dam girl your sizzling" haha in my manly yet high pitched fake voice :happy: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • nedbun
    nedbun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It really makes me happy to see people come to these realizations. Truly an amazing trajectory. Congratulations! I don't have very far to go myself, I have 65 days left before I have been on for 1 year of straight logging.

Hopefully I will be far along enough to make a post like yours. :)
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    You look fab!
    When I started going to an aqua zumba class I was pleased there were people of all different shapes and sizes and no one cared or looked down on anyone for not being 'one of those girls' but I was a bit jealous of 2 girls at the front who had really good figures and were great at the workout. Now I stand at the front (where they used to stand in fact - they're not there any more - one had a baby, they come back occassionally) and I'm 128lbs, have worn a bikini to class, and am really good at the workout. So I know what you mean - it is kinda cool!
    At the same time I do try to be really careful not to think I'm better than anyone who isn't in shape. I don't want to become one of *those* girls ;)
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love this post!! You look amazingly hot!! Congratulations on the weight loss.

I can totally relate to this post. I was 138-145 since I was 12. I felt like the fat chick in my group of friends. Fast forward to when I turned 21, and my weight ballooned to 156 and I felt even worse. I always wondered what it would feel like to be the "hot chick" who looked great in (or out of) anything! Sometimes I still feel like my old chubby self, but then I have to remind myself that when I look wistfully at a girl who is probably 115-120 lbs, that I'm around that size too! It's like my mind forgets!

Thanks for sharing :o)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    When I was reading your post, I felt like I was reading something that I'd written! I'm 5'9" and not hugely over weight. I weigh 175, started at 180 and am in a size 13. I always look at "those" girls and wonder how they do it. If it's natural or if I can get there. I've tried this weight loss thing a couple times and always had some success, but never reached my goal. I really like your story. Hopefully, I can think back to this and stay motivated when I'm having hard days, knowing you are went through those kind of days and still are, even now.

Thanks bunches!
  • Azzurra_Italiana
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing... your pics are beautiful and inspirational... :smile:
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful post and so fitting for me. I, too, have my eye on a girl at my gym that I'd love to look like, or be similar to her body size. Thanks for sharing your story and you look absolutely amazing! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!