Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 4, Day 1 this a.m. - I was definitely gargling my heart during the scissor jumps (my HRM was beeping like crazy that I was at my maximum HR). Since I didn't watch it before doing the workout, I paused a lot to figure out what moves they were doing. Going to give it another try tomorrow.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of RI30 Level 1! If I don't log in tomorrow, you will all know it is because I died trying level 2 :wink:
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I finished RI30 this morning! So proud of myself. I've never followed through on something like this, and I'm really proud of myself. I know I saw progress (pictures) midway through and am hoping to see more with the after photos. I haven't lost any pounds (don't care) and didn't measure so I'm just using pictures to see results.

Next week I am going to switch to a combo of BFBM & NMTZ an possibly some pilates in there. Keep up the good work, girls!

Good job! A BFBM & NMTZ combo will be killer! I love both of those workouts....but they are LONG lol Luckily it goes by fast.....love her circuit training! Keep us posted :)
    Thanks! I've done the bfbm one before and remember feeling like I couldn't get through it, but I did, and I'm in much better shape now. But, since they are longer, I am going to do each of them once a week. I think what I have decided is that I'm going to do my pilates DVD on Mondays and Fridays, and then incorporate some kind of strength training on those days. Tuesday and Thursday I am going to do the bfbm & nmtz videos - not both but rotate. Wednesday, saturday and sunday are going to be rest days. Saturday won't really be a rest day because we do a lot of yard work or other active things as a family. Plus, I do walks at night with the dog so I will still be quite active.

Yeah, I only do NMTZ 2/week because of the length. I love that it is a full body strength workout though, so it's totally worth it! I have to find a place for BFBM.....my daughter begged me to do it tonight so we did about 30 min of it and I forgot how killer it is lol
    I did NMTZ for the first time this morning and I loved it. I was totally sweating and my arms were starting to shake! I did do 20 minutes on the bowflex last night though so I think that contributed to the overall shakiness. BFBM definitely is killer. i will be doing that on thursday.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 4, Day 1 this a.m. - I was definitely gargling my heart during the scissor jumps (my HRM was beeping like crazy that I was at my maximum HR). Since I didn't watch it before doing the workout, I paused a lot to figure out what moves they were doing. Going to give it another try tomorrow.
    Those were SO hard for me!!!

ETA: My 5 year old even said, "whoa, these are too hard. I'm going to do fast feet instead." LOL!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I finished RI30 this morning! So proud of myself. I've never followed through on something like this, and I'm really proud of myself. I know I saw progress (pictures) midway through and am hoping to see more with the after photos. I haven't lost any pounds (don't care) and didn't measure so I'm just using pictures to see results.

Next week I am going to switch to a combo of BFBM & NMTZ an possibly some pilates in there. Keep up the good work, girls!

Good job! A BFBM & NMTZ combo will be killer! I love both of those workouts....but they are LONG lol Luckily it goes by fast.....love her circuit training! Keep us posted :)
    Thanks! I've done the bfbm one before and remember feeling like I couldn't get through it, but I did, and I'm in much better shape now. But, since they are longer, I am going to do each of them once a week. I think what I have decided is that I'm going to do my pilates DVD on Mondays and Fridays, and then incorporate some kind of strength training on those days. Tuesday and Thursday I am going to do the bfbm & nmtz videos - not both but rotate. Wednesday, saturday and sunday are going to be rest days. Saturday won't really be a rest day because we do a lot of yard work or other active things as a family. Plus, I do walks at night with the dog so I will still be quite active.

Yeah, I only do NMTZ 2/week because of the length. I love that it is a full body strength workout though, so it's totally worth it! I have to find a place for BFBM.....my daughter begged me to do it tonight so we did about 30 min of it and I forgot how killer it is lol
    I did NMTZ for the first time this morning and I loved it. I was totally sweating and my arms were starting to shake! I did do 20 minutes on the bowflex last night though so I think that contributed to the overall shakiness. BFBM definitely is killer. i will be doing that on thursday.

I did NMTZ this morning too! And I'm still feeling the burn! I hate it while I'm doing it.....just wait anxiously for those last 3 circuits lol But then I feel soooooo good once it's done! I think that it's important to have rest days between NMTZ days. I will be doing BFBM on Thursday morning too! I would normally be doing NMTZ on Saturday, but with the long weekend (Canada) I will have to do it Friday morning....not looking forward to those 2 workouts back to back lol
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Those were SO hard for me!!!

ETA: My 5 year old even said, "whoa, these are too hard. I'm going to do fast feet instead." LOL!

Oh dear.....I haven't gotten to week 4 yet and these scissor jumps you speak of have totally scared me lol
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Intended to do a RI30 workout today but my quads and hammies seem pushed to the max. Did 30 minutes HIIT instead and will give it a go tomorrow. :smile:
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2, week 4 - ugh!!! My arms are so sore! Glad I did it, though.
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    Just completed RI30 Week 2 today! Its taking me a little longer because I am doing addl days of cardio/strength and trying to do 5 days of each weekly workout. Week 2 reaaaally hurt my wrists and I almost stopped but I told myself to stop being a cry baby! I've lost 2lbs so far in the last 3 weeks and on Sunday I am checking measurements! cant wait! I keep getting told there is a noticeable difference in my stomach! wooohooo!

I have to admit that while her methods are effective, JM manages to aggravate me during the workouts. Anyone else? It also frustrates me that sweat is dripping off my face and not a hair on one of the girls working out has moved.. I guess I just prefer when the people on the video are suffering with me. : )
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Just completed RI30 Week 2 today! Its taking me a little longer because I am doing addl days of cardio/strength and trying to do 5 days of each weekly workout. Week 2 reaaaally hurt my wrists and I almost stopped but I told myself to stop being a cry baby! I've lost 2lbs so far in the last 3 weeks and on Sunday I am checking measurements! cant wait! I keep getting told there is a noticeable difference in my stomach! wooohooo!

I have to admit that while her methods are effective, JM manages to aggravate me during the workouts. Anyone else? It also frustrates me that sweat is dripping off my face and not a hair on one of the girls working out has moved.. I guess I just prefer when the people on the video are suffering with me. : )

Oh yeah, she drives me crazy during the workouts.....but a good crazy where I yell and swear at her but at the same time knowing that her workout is rippiing my body lol I think that's just the RI30 girls......in Kickbox Fastfix, NMTZ, and BFBM those girls are sweating like there is no tomorrow! I love that they are working hard too......and they are sweating like that AND in wicked shape lol
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Well, no RI30 for me this week.....I'm changing up my strategy a little bit but still with JM videos! This morning was my BFBM day and wow did it kick my butt! I haven't done the whole thing in quite some time so I had forgotten how much of a love/hate relationship I have with that workout lol
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of Ripped in 30 level 2 last night. I had been dreading it because I heard it was a killer. However, I really didn't think it was hard. As a matter of fact, I thought it was considerably easier than level 1. This pretty much goes against everything I had heard so now I'm wondering if I'm not doing it right OR maybe level 2 was just better suited to my strengths than level 1 was???? Any thoughts on this? Anyone have a similar experience? Any opinions or speculation welcome. I'm stumped.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I did my first day of Ripped in 30 level 2 last night. I had been dreading it because I heard it was a killer. However, I really didn't think it was hard. As a matter of fact, I thought it was considerably easier than level 1. This pretty much goes against everything I had heard so now I'm wondering if I'm not doing it right OR maybe level 2 was just better suited to my strengths than level 1 was???? Any thoughts on this? Anyone have a similar experience? Any opinions or speculation welcome. I'm stumped.

Great work! I don't think that you are doing anything wrong.....it's probably just that it's better suited to your strengths because I'll tell you one thing, that plank cardio damn near killed me lol
  • AmandaDutra
    Options

I felt the same way, but I think its because theres less full body exercises (besides the plank exercises). Get ready though, I just did RI30 Week 3 Day 1.. and it kicked my butt. It might be because I ran a mile before and my legs were already on fire, but it feels like she actually sped things up. She jumps straight into every exercise within 5-10 seconds (no joke) I havent stopped in the middle of one of her videos since the first week day 1 and 2.. and I had to after circuit 1. I also have the weakest upper body of any person I know, but I can kick butt on lower body. Anyways, I think you're fine. Maybe try addl circuits if you dont think youre working out hard enough? Pick one or two of them and do it twice!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Awww I'm sorry you aren't seeing the results you wanted! I know that I haven't lost tons of inches over the last bit, but I can definitely see and feel my body getting stronger. is that happening for you too?

BFBM and NMTZ are both killer workouts. I have started doing NMTZ 3 times/week and RI30 2 times/week but I think I'm going to drop a day of something.....just have to figure out which one lol

I wouldn't say it was! I felt so much more by doing 30 day shred and this just made me feel i was undoing it!

I have been doing BFBM 5/6 times a week!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Ripped in 30 Week 4 COMPLETE as of this morning :happy:

I will be leaving tomorrow for vacation and plan on getting in lots of walking for my daily exercise (Disney World) :wink:

I'm not sure yet what I'll start on when I get back, probably another JM workout though.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options

Awww I'm sorry you aren't seeing the results you wanted! I know that I haven't lost tons of inches over the last bit, but I can definitely see and feel my body getting stronger. is that happening for you too?

BFBM and NMTZ are both killer workouts. I have started doing NMTZ 3 times/week and RI30 2 times/week but I think I'm going to drop a day of something.....just have to figure out which one lol

I wouldn't say it was! I felt so much more by doing 30 day shred and this just made me feel i was undoing it!

I have been doing BFBM 5/6 times a week!

Awww that sucks! Maybe try heavier weights or the advanced version of each exercise? BFBM is a fantastic workout.....I wouldn't be able to do it 5/6 times/week lol Although my focus is on strength training right now, rather than cardio.....but yesterday that workout just about took me out lol
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow! I' m on day 4 of week 2 and I think it's so hard . I have to stop in the cardio plank a couple times . ( mountain climbers and the jump thing) week one I never had to take a break . You must have a lot of upper body strength :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Posting here to remind myself how much I love these workouts. It's so easy to forget the love when you stray ... (for whatever reason). I've been sick this week and haven't touched the DVDs in a few days. Need to remember how strong i feel after kicking butt with JM! ;)
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    Day 1 of wk 4 of RI30....DONE! It was awesome and kicked butt!

Taking Jillian, my weights, & yoga mat to Myrtle Beach next week. We stay w family. I hope I can find a good workout space. If I have to I'll go outside. Got to get my Ripped in!