WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2012

Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    not much to say but I am still lurking. TGIF!
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Have been missing in action for awhile but still logging and getting exercise in.
    so welcome all newcomers
    And congrats to all the losers

Where has June gone? With the gardening and working outside. It still fills like I have so much to do. And just a few months to finish my outdoor projects. After completing my house in 2008. I have been slowly working on the landscaping I'm tackling my biggest job. Backyard with a slope. So it's back to work outside.
    Everyone have a great weekend and happy 4th
    Joyce
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Afternoon everyone ......

I did post ...or thought I did .....yesterday but it went AWOL so to speak!! Anyone finding it please send it home to MFP!!

:happy: Well ...we're packed and ready to go ...dinner to find tonight and we're off tomorrow. The food is logged of sorts and I'm way over the calories but hopefully tomorrow will be better! Off to #3 grandsons christening "Down South"

:sad: Today started awfully!! ....I had planned to have my nails "Done". Had the appointment booked and thought to myself..."If you can't do miracles with the body and definitely can't do anything to change the face" ...at least I can have nice hands for this christening.
    :noway: No way!! My nail lady had the timerity to give birth early would you believe!! :sad: :sad:
    So there am I , at the hair salon, with five pink nails and five very sad a bitty nails...wondering where I could find someone to fix me up at short notice. I had had a phone message but hadn't picked it up!
    :heart: Mother and baby doing well by the way!

:happy: I really felt it was the end this morning but have found an angel to step in ...now I do have 10 pink nails...to match my "Frock"

And ....I feel soooo bad at feeling angry. Boy ....me feeling sorry for myself over NAILS!!! :embarassed: :embarassed: When there are others with real problems!! My friend from school had phoned earlier with news of her husband ...sadly diagnosed with Parkinson's at 60+. And for all of you MFP friends who have your REAL problems ....sorry!

:happy: On a lighter note....picture us tomorrow...heading down the motorway in our little car. Bags 2 for me and 1 for DH, , 4 frozen ugh: salmons for the following weekend's catering, some loaves for #2 son's weekend BBQ, (A few miracles needed for the weather please!)
    .....and.a pavlova, some zabaglionne cream desserts, a baby bath and a blow up bed!!

So ...I'm hoping to post while we're away but for now it's cheerio!
    :flowerforyou: See you in July!!

Jackie
  • fitz1191
    fitz1191 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello all I have been gone from this thread to long not intentionally just been super busy oh how I have missed you all tried to catch up with all of you. Read so many posts it all kinda runs together so I will just go from the last few days
    Jb congrats my dear great job you must feel wonderful

Laura hope you get the rain you all need in Co such a tragedy stay safe I was born in New Mexico and I love Colorado country it is so beautifull sad to see it burning like that

Michele My hubby is very picky to I made him start cooking and now he has to make healthy foods for me, lol turn about you know. I cooked for my family for 25 years the way they liked it, now he cooks the way he wants it and the way I want it too ha ha actually we do it together but you notice alot of steak in my food diary that is because he loves steak and he does most of the cooking but I did get him to cook it healthier he use to fry it in a pan smothered in butter now he grills it

Barbie I am sorry about your friends loss It is nice she has you to help out

I am slowly getting back into a stregnth training routine I had to stop due to the pulled muscle, rib out of wack issue but it is getting better so slowly getting back into the swing of things My Hubby and I are going on a Retreat in August for my work its in Henderson NV just out side Las Vegas and one night there is a theme for dinner kind of a party I guess and the theme is carnivale so we are suppose to dress up its alot of fun but I dont know about this year those carnivale costumes are pretty risque. I think we are going to be jesters so I can cover up everything lol should be fun either way My grandaughter is coming over tonight and she is going to make our masks she is very excited to glue all the glitter and feathers to the masks. Any way take care all have a great Friday and I will try not to stay gone to long love catching up
  • ejnancy2
    ejnancy2 Posts: 14
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi everyone...i would love to join your board if that is ok. My name is Nancy, i am 54, been doing WW's but i wanted to start tracking my calories too and someone suggested this program...and i love i can have the app on my phone to track all that i eat and drink....i am doing pretty good...i started at about 198 and i am down to 165...so i feel that is a huge accomplishment..i think i want to get to 155...but that is going to be rough....but i can do it if i set my mind to it....i need to exercise more,.,,,i was doing really good with it....then i hurt my back and had to take off 3 weeks and now cannot get back into the groove...HELP!!!!
    :happy: i have one son and a step daughter...two beautiful grand daughters...Allie is 14 and Miss Emma is 3...they are sisters....i live with my fiance, Tony, we live out in the county with our two dogs....i love being out in the middle of no where..
    :smile: i work for the county in the election bureau....been with the county for about 15 years...planning on retiring after i get 20 years in...
    :flowerforyou: i love these little smileys....i really want to get in with people my own age...i feel our weight loss challenges are different than someone who is in their 20's or 30's ...
    Nancy
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bump!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I'm back. Sorry I just haven't had the chance to post and so many posts to catch up on. I haven't been so successful in the weight loss department at all. In fact I gained after the cruise but no surprise there. I really must try harder as I am still in the obese range I dream of being overweight. I am 102kgs which is about 225lbs. At least 15kgs to lose before I can have an overweight party. I have a weeks work next week. It's the easiest yet hardest job. I sit outside a dance studio for 8 hrs. I will have 50 ten year olds inside. I am there to make sure we don't lose any, lol, for injuries (hopefully none) , to direct to bathroom, etc. etc. It is so tiring sitting there. I usually try to pace up and down the corridor. It's quite a public area as well so I can't really do strange things or go to far. Guarantee as soon as I leave my post something happens. I have planned to walk to work about 40 mins and do an exercise class a couple of evenings. Mind you I planned this last time and did nothing as I felt so tired each day. It's Saturday here ready. My daughter has a show this evening so of course we are going. The other studio I work for have their mid year display tomorrow. I will be there all day. I am sort of crowd control, problem solver, reception, etc. I now must fly to the shops, buy special stockings for daughter why does she always leave it to the last minute. I also will grocery shop in the hope my husband will eat health this week I am away and not live on toasted cheese sandwiches.
  • Skyecath
    Skyecath Posts: 33
    Options
    Weigh in this morning - 1lb up, but as I said before it could have been far worse and the binging is all behind me now.

I need to keep focused on what I'm going to wear for DDs graduation and it's only a few weeks away.

One of our ducklings has died today, for what reason we don't know, it just went very quiet for a few hours then died. It's so sad and we couldn't do anything about it. Life is so delicate. We hope the others will be ok.

Friends are arriving tomorrow for a visit for the weekend so the wine will be flowing, hopefully we'll get some walking in to counteract it.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Cath x
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    TGIF~l hope everyone has a great week-end.
    I finally get to see my 2 grandkids from IN.Pat is celebrating his 8th grade graduation.
    Lots of food and family tomorrow.
    HUGS
    jane
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I hate to rush time forward but am soooohappy this week at work is over...it never improved after the annoying new car sales-person...but the weekend is here, deep breath!!! We are not headed to the lake this weekend..dd and friends will be there... 1 queen bed, 1 full bed and two futons...one pretty small and last count was 9-11 people...they will have a blast, but glad I am not there!:laugh:

Eating was off the charts today...I think I haven't even logged it yet. Tomorrow will be better..gardening, exercise, water and salad...tomorrow night we are getting together with claassmates as the class of 1980 turns 50 party!! It should be fun...we were a pretty close class...all 180 of us...we expect about 50 to show up...always interesting.

Have a good evening, hugs and high fives!
    :heart:
    Jen
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

Today is Saturday and I'm hoping it's going to be a good one. I've got a guy coming to look at an atlas at the gallery this afternoon. Fingers crossed that he will buy it as it is priced at £150k - although we would negotiate a price if he is interested. It would be a nice end to the month if he goes for it.

I am wearing a dress today, but had to forego the shoes that match and I'm wearing flat ballerina pumps. I'm not going to risk making my knee worse. I had to go for a dress that covers my knees as my left is so badly swollen. This is day three of me drinking tart cherry juice which is supposed to help arthritis, in addition I bought some of the tart cherry capsules (the actual juice is definitely not to my taste!) If it helps I will let you all know.

Yesterday I popped into the jewellers to get my gold watch strap made smaller. I love the watch (although my eyesight means it is more a decorative piece these days - unless I put my specs on and squint at it!) it is rose gold and DH bought it for me before we got married. Anyway, I had to have a further four links removed from it. My wrists are now tiny! It's always a surprise to realise that everything is smaller these days.

On Monday I'm off to get my hair done - cut and highlights. I have become so much more adventurous with my hair in the last year. To think, last June (on my birthday) was the first time I had ever had anything done to the colour - I'd always just had long red hair. DH would like me to go back to those days, but having my hair done differently gives me a real boost - so he'll just have to get used to it or look away!

I need coffee before my appointment, so I'd better get my wings on.

Hugs all round - have a good weekend please.

Love
    Amanda x
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Hello all - Saturday morning, watching Wimbledon tennis on TV and sipping hot black coffee. I have a new library book on my table and a DVD as well. I'm set for all the entertainment I'll need this weekend.

We got a minor break from the heat yesterday as a storm front rolled through, dropped 3/4 inch rain and dropped the temps from the mid 90s to low 70s. It still felt wet and humid even at that temperature. It didn't last however---a couple of hours later the temps started up again.

My weather report is finished.

Off to drink another glas of water. :drinker:

Lin
  • Auggiem
    Auggiem Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I've been on the website for over a month now, but still have so much to explore with the message boards.

The past two days were sort of rough. Did a lot of overtime at work and boy was I just pooped yesterday :yawn: . Looking forward to getting some more rest over the weekend. The OT did keep me from my usual exercise though, yet, I still managed to lose 2 lbs since last week....woo hoo!

I would love to have more "friends" on this website that are 50+. Please feel free to add me.

Have a blessed day!
    Liz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    chicklet - I sent Lynette an email saying "I didn't realize we were a backup plan". She first emailed me but I hadn't logged in yet, then she called me saying that she's sorry, she didn't mean to hurt my feelings. I honestly think she thought she was probably doing the right thing, but to me the right thing would have been to have told the guy who was originally going to take them "when you said you couldn't, I found someone else". Evidentally, he needs to take his son to his ex-wife's because the son has a MD appointment in Charlotte (come on, you didn't know that he had an appointment earlier?) and would like to leave at 11:45. Who knows how long it'll take. If I'd told her that I was upset, she would have been worried her entire vacation and I didn't want to rouin that for her. So I told her it was OK, but next time (assuming there is a next time), I'll just confirm that I'm not a backup plan. To me, if I make a commitment, then I plan to keep that commitment. I committed to taking them to the airport and decided to not go to mahjongg. But that's really not a big deal. It's more the principle.

Well, did the Jari Love DVD (Thus). I really like her, her cueing is very good. I couldn't believe it when we were cooling down. It had been an hour since I'd started! Tomorrow I'll go to the Y and do some incline intervals and then some HIIT. Vince needs me home early because he's getting a package that's being delivered (I think it's called) freight. It's where they just leave the package at the end of the driveway. Since it's pretty heavy, he needs me here to help bring it to the house.

Did the DVD, then went to crochet class, then out to lunch. I had the grilled tilapia, steamed broccoli and fresh fruit. Came home and did a little more crochet then went to Target to get my free eggs and see what they have in their "expanded" grocery isles. Not a whole whole lot more, but I did see that they carry the brownie mix that I used to get at Harris Teeter. I bet Lowe's doesn't carry it.

Nancy - applause on last night for you! that's something, I don't know that I could just go to bed and not be starving hungry.

Rose - FANTASTIC!!!!!

Cath - you must be so proud of dd. So very sorry to hear of the duckling

barbie - the vet is not in this week to talk about Loki, but he seems much better today. Yesterday Clyde would just look at him and then go play with Lexi. But today Clyde is playing with him. It's as if Clyde knew that Loki wasn't right and "Dr. Clyde" has determined that Loki is OK now....lol It's just so frustrating because we don't know what's causing this.

Did 30 min of incline intervals on the treadmill today (Fri) and then 30 min of HIIT on the elliptical. Tomorrow...the farmer's market and then yoga. I made some granola bars to take to this guy at the farmer's market. I get honey from him (local honey). I figure I'll give the rest to the people where I take the extremepump class on Mondays.

Deb - welcome! You're a monkey teacher? Tell us more about this. As I'm sure you know, it seems the hardest part is the maintenance, not losing the weight. Log in here and you'll get encouragement to maintain.

jml - welcome! You sure are one busy lady!

Joyce - we have a BIG slope on the side of our house. Give me ideas. My goal is to do as little maintenance as possible. Not sure how we're going to mow that yard, so I'm trying to think of a ground cover that doesn't need mowing. I'll be interested to hear what you're doing

Jackie - so sorry about your friend's father. How far south are you going? We're in NC, and it's around 100 today, supposed to be the same over the weekend.

Nancy - OF COURSE you can join. Bring any of your friends, too. How right you are that our weight loss challenges are different!

Jen - have fun at your reunion.

I tried to log in last night and post, but the site was down for maintenance. So I had to wait until now (Sat). Went to the farmers market, did my hour of yoga, then a store near me had flipflops on sale for $1. Wish I'd known they'd opened at 7, I would have been there. I went shortly after yoga (about 10:00) and THE LINE. I was able to get 3 pairs, tho. Actually, it was probably for the best, I probably don't need more than 3 more pairs. Then went to TJMaxx, got a pair of shorts (jean shorts). I only have about 2 pairs of jean shorts! They were $15, to me that's a bit on the expensive side so I'm going to keep the tags on them and if I find some cheaper, then I'll return them. Came home and cooked the corn (so the sugar doesn't turn to starch) then made some soup to keep in the freezer for when I need a fast dinner. Now on the computer, need to get ready for church soon.

Amanda - congrats on needing your watch smaller. I'm constantly having to get mine made smaller. Vince kept his hair long so I made a deal with him, if he got his hair cut I'd grown mine long. I keep it in a ponytail hoping that if he can't see it long, he'll let me get it cut. No dice. I'm absolutely hating this, but a deal is a deal. He looks more decent with it cut at a reasonable length (at least more reasonable than before but not short enough to me)

We're in a heatwave right now, my computer says it's 92.

Welcome auggie.

Tomorrow I'll do some balance games on the Wii.

Oh, found out today that this gal who teaches my deep water class was fired. I have no idea why, and I honestly think that was a pretty stupid move on their part. She's been with the Y for almost 25 years, she has a connection with a lot of the members. She goes above and beyond her duties, constantly going to funerals for members, etc. Wed. she brought in bay leaf from her garden for anyone to take. What is going on and who are they going to get to cover her classes? She used to make up the lifeguard schedule, teach swim lessons, keep the pool schedule. Now I don't know what they're going to do. But I do understand that a lot of the members are pretty upset.

Better post this while I can so that if I go to post it later and the site is down, it doesn't get to be like a book....lol

Here's hoping everyone has a great day!

Michele
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening ladies, I had an exhausting day playing with the grand kids. Now I am logging food and exercise while watching John Cater with the hubby. I can't believe tomorrow is July 1st. For the most part I have reached my goals for June.

:heart: Walk at lunch time instead of sitting in my office working while I eat.
    :smile: I have managed to do so at least 4 days a week
    :heart: Drink 4 16 oz bottles of water every day.
    :smile: with the summer heat this one was easy.
    :heart: Log my food every day
    :smile: I logged my food every day I was home. When I was away I kept a paper log and logged on MFP when I got home.
    :heart: Walk or do some kind of activity every evening
    :smile: I exercised one way or another every day
    :heart: Lose 10 lbs
    :smile: I lost 12lbs
    June was a pretty good month
    Going to get off the computer and relax with DH.

:heart: Love ((((Hugs)))) and prayers for all, Rose
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Are you a Linder from the Mt Spokane Linder's in Spokane WA. Me too, by marriage! Love this program, 5 lbs lost in 20 days!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Are you a Linder from the Mt Spokane Linder's in Spokane WA. Me too, by marriage! Love this program, 5 lbs lost in 20 days!

No sorry, it's just a nickname I've acquired over the years. This is an excellent website and resource. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

I've had a long day and am headed for bed, so I've started the new thread for July.

Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/652461-women-ages-50-for-july-2012