What diet friendly foods have you found you love?

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Cherry Coke Zero!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt. I can make it into a desert with pudding or Jello, It can be turned into a frozen treat,or sub for sour cream.
    Greek Yogurt makes a great veggie dip and of course Greek Yogurt can be mixed with fruit.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love my WholeFoods brand lightly salted popcorn...3 cups for 140cals yum!
  • SaraHaxton1
    Options
    Cherry Coke Zero. OMFG it is so good. It tastes just like the real deal without the calories. I am so in love. I LOVE YOU COKE ZERO AND ALL YOUR WONDERFUL FLAVORS!!!!!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have these foods every single day!

Oatmeal
    red delicious apples
    pecans & other nuts
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges
    Milton's Everything Multigrain Crackers
    air-popped popcorm
    tomatoes
    Tumaro's Low Carb tortillas
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Spinach :) Good in salads, on burgers, fajitas.....and so much more. One day I will be brave and try it in a smoothie.

Try it in the smoothie, if you already like it on other foods you will like it. I started with more fruit less spinach then progressed lowering the fruit increasing the spinach, I now do 2 cups of spinach- depending how much fruit or other greens you put in the spinach is barely noticeable.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Kashi Berry Blossom Cereal (great substitute for Captain Crunch!) Also nonfat vanilla yogurt with granola!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I love any home cooked meal, healthy or not healthy
  • maradot
    maradot Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I make a giant chocolate "shake".
    I take 1 scoop of chocolate protein power sweeten with stevia
    1/4 of a package of jello no sugar no fat chocolate pudding mix
    8 ounces of water
    1/2 cap full of vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon

Blend in a blender until smooth

Then add 8 to 12 ice cube - continue blending until smooth.

This makes one blender full of yummy.

Now, I'm not saying that it's like a real chocolate shake - but it's a good occasional treat. About 130 calories
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I try to keep a batch of my homemade guacamole in the fridge, most times. It has magical, transformative properties when applied to other foods. Mine has diced tomato, minced shallot, lime juice, and a bit of salt, in addition to the avocado (which I mash, because the texture is so much better than blended). I use the stuff on everything, from tortilla chips (I like Tostitos Artisan ones. Roasted Garlic and Black Bean is the best!), to lean chicken burgers, sandwiches and wraps (in place of even fattier things like sour cream, mayo, butter, and even cheese). It is also really good topped on an omelet! I make an egg white omelet with sliced crimini mushroom, green onion, fresh ground pepper and salt. It tastes good on its own, but the guac brings it to another level.

how do you keep it from turning brown? I LOVE the Roasted Garlic and Black Bean Tostitos!

The lime juice helps to slow browning. Keeping it in an air-tight container of an appropriate size (so there isn't a huge gap of air in the container) also seems to help. Still, it only lasts 3 days, tops.
  • SantanaKathleen
    Options
    One of my ultimate Fave snacks is Hummus with Baby Carrots. Or just regular carrots cut into strips. The hummus is low cal, and the carrots add a little sweet and crunch satisfaction to it. Any veggie will do, of course, but carrots are my fave. The good thing with raw veggies too is that they satisfy the need to "munch", but they take up little calorie room on your MFP diary. My other Fave is Whole Grain bread with Almond butter instead of peanut butter. There is no sugar in it, so the benefits are obvious. Its expensive, but good grief, the taste is sooooo worth it. :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, beans, Nuts, chicken, almond milk, berries, Hummus, cottage cheese
  • CindyAHewitt
    Options
    I haven't really found any "diet" foods that I hate... I was surprised.

And I absolutely love trying new foods!
  • lavvender
    lavvender Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower, boil in water till fork tender, drain, mash, add a little bit of cheese & season to taste. It's a great mashed potato replacement. Low in calories and really filling. I had it 6 hours ago and I still feel full!!!
  • lavvender
    lavvender Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    frozen yoplait yogurt. I keep it in the freezer and it tastes like ice cream-- but with protein and calcium. It comes in so many yummy flavors too. Only 100 calories.

What a great idea, perfect for summer!!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    brussels sprouts
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Protein fluff
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    steamed cauliflower with fire roasted peppers, hummus, and Canadian bacon are my new best friends.
  • Charley316
    Options
    Porridge, made with whole oats, water and skimmed milk with a little Splenda or stevia and lots of cinnamon!
    Raw carrot sticks and bell peppers dunked in tomato puree or passata with oregano for a dip
    Lots of fruit - canned in juice, fresh or frozen, it's all good. Keep mixing it up and it's like having pudding all the time!
    Hartley's Sugar-free jelly (that would be jello to our stateside friends!) with sliced apple or raspberries
    Quinoa salad with chopped veggies and passata
    Home-made veggie soup
    Ainsley Harriot lemon, parsley & mint cous cous
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    1. Butternut squash wedges (wedge up a BNS spray with an oil mister or fry light then sprinkle with paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and roast!) tastier than potato wedges IMO less cals and more vitamins.
    2. veggie crudites and low fat hummus, (raw fingers of carrots, cucumber and peppers) sometimes have a wholemeal toasted pitta or a couple of breadsticks too, if I need a bread fix.
    3. veggie stirfrys, bean sprouts, onions, brocolli, carrots, wild mushrooms, peppers etc etc and half a nest of noodles, garlic and chilli with a bit of my fave chinese sauce (prob high in salt but oh well) add a poached egg or some chicken breast if you wanna add some protein. (I usually drench this in soy sauce too.) ;P
    4. bags of baby leaf mixed salad, punnets of baby tomatoes and low fat honey mustard dressing (I use this to pad out most of my Italian dishes so I use half the pasta but still have a big portion)
    5 Fruit nut and cinnamon rolled oats for brekkie, so filling!