• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Check :tongue:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    sidhe31 said:

I've been out of action for almost 2 weeks now, a grand total of 8 miles in the last 2 weeks due to a strained Soleus (I hope) from being over eager. Hoping to be back into regular, pain free, running in July but who knows. The October marathon isn't looking promising at this point.

I am very sorry about your injury ! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    j_courter said:

6/27/12- 4.66 miles. i think it's time for a rest day. my legs felt like lead. :-)

exercise.png

I get that too sometimes and I see it as a sign to rest as well!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    MissFit0101 said:

I haven't been able to run since my long run Sunday. I've hurt my foot and it hurts just to bare any weight on it. Every morning I wake up and hope when I get out of bed the pain will be gone, but nope still there. I'm just cross training in the meantime. At least I already hit my goal.. but this is not good for my marathon training. I'm really bummed about it.

Ouch!! So sorry, hope you heel up quickly, sounds so painful!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    8.1 today. 144 for the month. Got up early to beat the heat and managed to get a knot in my calf, ran through it and it got somewhat better, had to ice afterwards, hopefully it will let me finish out the month. I need both runs to hit my goal.

I find that my foam roller helps my knots. I have a really 'skinny' one that I roll over my calfs, about 1" - 1 1/2" in diameter.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Running here in Sweden seems easier than in the US (south), seems like there is more oxygen = LOL not sure if that is really true but it feels like it, because I can run faster and further.

Tomorrow is my half marathon! Looking forward to it, but I have slight cold symptoms (sore throat) ugh.

MTD: 122
    Goal: 120 (YAY)!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Running here in Sweden seems easier than in the US (south), seems like there is more oxygen = LOL not sure if that is really true but it feels like it, because I can run faster and further.

Tomorrow is my half marathon! Looking forward to it, but I have slight cold symptoms (sore throat) ugh.

Have fun at the HM!
  • annieshaf
    annieshaf Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi can I join please. I know it's late in the month now but my stats for June are as follows
    Target for the month 100 miles

3days to June 3; 7.1 miles
    Week to June 10; 13.9 miles
    Week to June 17; 24.5 miles
    Week to June 23; 25.7 miles
    Week to June 30; 30.9 miles so far and unlikely to run tomorrow!
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    3.25 mile run in 35:29, Avg Pace 10:56, Mile Splits 11:22 - 10:59 - 10:31, 91F, DP 71F, Sunny, Light Breeze, BC 5/5 for the first 2.5 miles, then 4/4 till mile 3, then 3/3 rest of the way.

Seventh day in a row of running :) Feeling good.

Saw the usual ducks and lizards and the coromot, also saw a white egret today.

WTD: 19.1
    MTD: 85
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    6 miles today
    112 miles for the month!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

Good luck tomorrow!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    June 29
    6 miles
    122 grand total miles
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Another 5K race and a PB, loving these flat courses! 54 miles for the month. :happy:
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    105.5 miles for the month...my ticker re-set itself, so it hasn't been updated
    missed my goal but I will take it!

Count me in for July please....

120 miles for July. I need to pick up my running, I have a 1/2 marathon in August to prepare for
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    5.11 mile run in 54:33, Avg Pace 10:41, Mile Splits 10:55 - 10:40 - 11:00 - 10:56 - 10:02, 80F, DP 74F, light breeze, mostly sunny. BC 5/5 for 3 miles, then 4/4 for a mile then 3/3 for the rest. Humid one, dripping in sweat when done. Feeling good :)

8th day in a row of running 3 miles or more. I seem to feel better day after day if I ran the day before, I get stiff and sore when I skip a day. My resting heart rate is staying steady, and even going down a bit, so it seems to be working alright for now :) I will monitor my body and RHR closely though and if need be, I'll take a total rest day. In the meantime, I'll just make sure that one or two of my runs per week are only 3 miles and at a very easy pace, those will be my "active rest" days.

WTD: 24.2
    Monthly Miles: 90.1 that is 16 hours, 34 minutes and 49 seconds of running this month :)

Next month I will shoot for 100 miles
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    6.3 miles today

Well over my 80 mile target.

I'm thinking I'll be brave, and aim for 100miles next month....

exercise.png
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Got in the last 13.1 today, hit my goal of 165 for the month, just barely. Gearing up for Disneyland half in Sept. so next months goal goes to 190.