Dating site or Fitness site?

Options
RobynMWilson
RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
I hadn't been on here a while but last I checked, this was My Fitness Pal, not Plenty of Fish. So why are guys asking me for nudies and girls posting their boobs as their profile pix?? lol

Replies

• melissafranks90
    Options
    i agree its gotten bad.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    its a mixture of both...of course its a fitness site but any medium where men and women are going to be there will be flirting/hookups...
  • Kandy0202
    Kandy0202 Posts: 32
    Options
    good luck with that ...you know what i'm saying
  • RobynMWilson
    Options
    MFP needs a like button. Seems worse on here than on Facebook lol. I hate to sound snotty but maybe I should put a lil disclaimer on my profile that I'm here for motivation and to offer motivation and get ideas, not to send out nudies lol
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    not to be rude...but most of your pics involve a lack of clothing...ever think that you could be sending guys the wrong message. Think like a dude for a second....and realize that while you are probably intending to show progress/etc... all they see is 'scantily clad girl'
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The nature of the site and its' focus - improving our bodies, confidence etc - leads to people becoming quite involved, personal and even intimate in some cases. It's not a bad thing in my opinion that the community is so open, relaxed and honest.

However, asking for nudes is Category A: Weird.
  • sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    Options
    im married and i am not here for any of that flirty stuff however if it is all in good fun and not serious i think its ok i mean i am certainly not innocent when it comes to being inappropriate but i only do it jokingly as i would hope most others do if they are asking for nudies i would report them
  • Kandy0202
    Kandy0202 Posts: 32
    Options
    pics i've seen you just showing your results and all i've seen look like workout clothes to me.
  • Darkskinned88
    Options
    sshook hit it on the head...its all good natured and fun, if you see a chick in lingerie or a guy in your inbox asking for pics, you report them and proceed on your journey (you dont HAVE to report the lingerie pics tho lol).
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Desperate, lonely people seeking here what they can't get in real life.
    Pity them and move on.
    And if some creep is asking for nudes, report him and make sure to shame him publicly on your news feed.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    HELLO! IT'S BOOBIE FRIDAY!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    the awnser is bacon
  • secondchance82
    Options
    Harmless fun...doesn't mean you have to participate. I never intended on using MFP as a dating site, but I did meet my husband on here though.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I agree. Sometimes I even mistake a profile pic as a close up of a certain part of Elsie's anatomy.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    the awnser is bacon

the answer is always bacon - what was the question again?
  • RobynMWilson
    Options
    @crobl...those are my workout clothes and I'm posting progress pictures. That's what we do here. I worked hard and proud to show off my abs and I don't think there's anything suggestive about the pix of my back muscles. I'm not talking about pics like mine. I'm seeing guys post pics of their butts in their skibbies and girls with just a shot of their boobs. There's a huge difference.

And thank you Kandy!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Many people here have been overweight their whole lives. All of a sudden they are getting attention from the opposite sex.

I think it's gross, but I've always been a bit on the internet prude side. I can't imagine why someone would want to flirt with text, or send nudes to some guy (who is probably not attractive AT ALL) who's just going to wank off to it. But, let the masses have their fun...

Is there a report button for profiles?
  • RobynMWilson
    Options
    @Second Chance...that's different. You happened to meet here with common mutual interests. And there's nothing wrong with lighthearded flirting but there's a big difference between a lil harmless flirting or even saying "wow, you look great!" and "hey, want me to send u a naked pic and you send me one?" lol

Bacon lovers...please don't provoke a craving for bacon. My "cheat" meal 2nite was enough crap for a while lol
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    not to be rude...but most of your pics involve a lack of clothing...ever think that you could be sending guys the wrong message. Think like a dude for a second....and realize that while you are probably intending to show progress/etc... all they see is 'scantily clad girl'

Wait, so you're telling me that men belonging to a FITNESS site can't possibly see a women on the same FITNESS site in WORKOUT clothes and think anything aside from "SHE SHOULD SHOW ME HER BOOBS, LET ME ASK!".

Please. Just because she has a nice body and is showing it in pretty modest workout clothes doesn't mean she's sending ANY message aside from "I take care of and am proud of my body". Think like a man my rear-- maybe think like a total creep.
  • Darkskinned88
    Options
    Many people here have been overweight their whole lives. All of a sudden they are getting attention from the opposite sex.

I think it's gross, but I've always been a bit on the internet prude side. I can't imagine why someone would want to flirt with text, or send nudes to some guy (who is probably not attractive AT ALL) who's just going to wank off to it. But, let the masses have their fun...

Is there a report button for profiles?

i think theres somewhat of a degree of truth to that...women who probably havent gotten a 2nd look since high school is getting all sorts of attention. She feels wanted, she feels sexy, she snaps a few shots in her bathroom with the toothpaste stained mirror lol