I ruined what I have worked so hard for...

Options
2»

Replies

• edyta70
    edyta70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! you helped so much :)

ALSO I just dreaded to weigh myself but I decided to face it and it isn't THAT bad! It is 65 kg, so not everything is ruined! That got me more motivated as well... so there I go! Starting loosing weight :)
  • jheartj95
    jheartj95 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great way to be positive. You know what you did before, and you can do it again. Weve all been there.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    hey guys.. So I joined a loong time ago, I am 5"2 short, and started out with 70 kg (very overweight) and reached my goal weight - 56kg (normal weight) - this was my weight in February. Then I stopped dieting, just ate normal foods and didn't gain any weight. UNTIL my exams at college came - I had so much stress and just ate everything that was in the fridge and I ruined it all.

I did focus on exams and did them well, which is good, BUT I ruined everything I worked so hard for..

I am scared to go on a scale but I feel like an elephant... I am starting again. I must go back to my 56 kg because I felt really good and proud of myself then and I finally fit size 10 clothes instead of 14 !

I am not going to lie - I lack motivation, but I believe I can do this because I've done this before.

I am scared to go on a scale because if I see anything close to 70kg I will just cry....

Wish me luck :( !!!!!

I've highlighted part of your problem in your original post above. The idea that foods that make you gain weight are "normal" and other foods "diet" could be part of the issue IMO. You need to turn food that makes you loose weight into what you consider "normal" food.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You haven't ruined anything, people get busy. Time to get back in the game...............
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    The idea that foods that make you gain weight are "normal" and other foods "diet" could be part of the issue IMO.
    I agree with this 100%.

I grew up and still live in the South (U.S.). Southern foods are typically fried and slathered with some sort of thick cream gravy. Biscuits and gravy, Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, etc. This was my old "normal". My new normal consists of much healthier choices. I have no intention of going back to the old ways. I would undo the positive changes that I've made in my lifestyle. Finding a new "normal" is critical for sustainable change.

Regarding stress eating, that can be tough - I still struggle with it on occasion. Stress is something you can't run away from, even if you lead a peaceful life stress will eventually rear its ugly head. The methods that have worked for me are to recognize when I'm stress eating and to find other ways to cope with the stress.

I agree with the others here - you haven't ruined anything. It's not like you ran the ship onto the rocks. It's more like you've wandered off course a bit.
  • edyta70
    edyta70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I needed that motivation from you all
    And I did quite well today - I even went for a walk and got sweaty!!

I am on a good start and WILL keep it up. I won't let anything spoil it this time! :)
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done you, I've done the 30 day shred this morning, trying to do it every other day as I simply don't have the motivation for everyday :) shopping in the trafford centre would be good exercise ;p x
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Great way to be positive. You know what you did before, and you can do it again. Weve all been there.

Not Quite I have not been this weight since I was a teenager a very very long time ago. Still a bit to go but getting there. In for the long haul to make it last.

You can do it again.
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I went from 386 to 153, over a years period of time I went up to 194. What I can tell you is this, never give up!! I am now walking twice a day and doing short workout and my current weight is 175. Just hang in there and learn from this.
  • notsofatbird67
    notsofatbird67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's very boring trying to lose weight when you love food so much. Try to replace foods with very low cal alternatives. I eat tic tacs if i i fancy sweets (only 1cal each) and eat cookie crisp breakfast cereal as chocolate biscuits. 10g of cookie crisp is much less cal than a choc chip biscuit. Stay strong and if you stick at it I'm sure you can do it. Good luck.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    <---THIS! I'm in the same boat, fighting back after "falling off the wagon." In my case, I literally fell off the wagon (golf cart) and broke my collar bone. That was last August and my activity was severly restricted - so what did I do? Felt sorry for myself and ate my way through everything. Put on a whopping 25 pounds in around 8 months!

I'm finally able to exercise again, though I am still under restrictions for how much I can lift with my left arm, so resistance training is still in the baby-step stage. I feel awesome to be moving again --- but boy, it was hard to get started. Again. For what seems like the thousandth time. I found my mantra (quit giving up!) and made if my profile pic... so I get to see it all the time and remember how hard starting over is.

You can do it --- and so can I. 'Cuz we're awesome! :smile: