anyone else been here months and not lost a thing?

Options
12346»

Replies

• r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    yeah, when i log i'm good about making sure it's all accurate. i'm more concerned about eating TOO LITTLE than i am about eating too much. if i'm logging 1200 cals and underestimating even by 500, that's only 1700 cals ( and according to every single calculator out there i should be around 1900 cals. the one i did today ( that was suggested in this thread) said 1900something, on work out days and i work out 5-6 days a week. and 1500 on rest days.....
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Basically just take all the suggestions given by everyone on here and try which one fits you. YOu can't make a difference in 2-3 weeks you need at least 2-3 months to get a significant difference. Remember the weight did not come on overnight so it's going to take time and patience. I know it's frustrating but in the end you will be happy that you took it nice and slowly.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Visiting the site won't make you lose weight...eating right and exercise will. You could be scanning MFP daily for a century but until you take control yourself...nothing will change
  • BrookeeFranks
    BrookeeFranks Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd week and have only lost 3 pounds. I have done weight watchers before and I lost 10 pounds pretty fast. So have been a little discouraged also. I do pretty good on calories during the week, but struggle on the weekends. I know I need to be more consistent on the working out. You feel like you have been killing yourself and nothing has happened. You might want to watch out about putting yourself in starvation mode from eating too few calories.
    Hang in there. Even though I haven't lost very much weight: I feel less bloated, sleeping better, and have more energy.
    I know I didn't gain the weight over night so it will take a while to lose it. Good luck.
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi it hasn't happened to me but it has happened to me for the past few years. I did not know I was supposed to eat most of the
    excercise calories back. I thought if you ate you would still gain. Go figure. Well I have been on here since March and have lost the 10 pounds I wanted to. I still would like to lose more. So try that. I could not believe I had so much food. Don't get me wrong it wasn't garbage food but I had pizza and hamburgers and ice cream and cake. The thing is be honest with yourself and the diary. Make friends. If you messed up post you messed up. I went to a party and then just wrote, who am I kidding I am not gonna lie, I ate crap and drank so that day I didnt post all the food just my breakfast. Hopefully you are an active person and if you are get yourself a pedometer or something that tells you how many calories you burn when you do that activity. Honesty is the best policy. Good luck and dont give up. AnneW1952
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Visiting the site won't make you lose weight...eating right and exercise will. You could be scanning MFP daily for a century but until you take control yourself...nothing will change

No joke. I think for some reading here will actually hinder their losses. There can be so much misleading info dished out.
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    at frist i thought visiting the site will help me loose weight but no
    this is internet u r a human a u do it with the things around u the internet will just give u info
    just eat the daily amount of food and do the right exercise and write it in ur diary
    that will help u
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options

No joke. I think for some reading here will actually hinder their losses. There can be so much misleading info dished out.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I went through a time when I lost, didn't lose anything for a couple months, then started losing again. Not sure what gave.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    years honey! I've been on here for 2 years and I haven't lost anything. I went to the doctor and he took 6 viles of blood and it all came back normal...so next step is head to toe physical and a dietician. I lift heavy 2 days a week and cardio at least 4...I also measure myself and I don't drink my calories. If I'm still here plugging away, you should be fine
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is actually my 3rd account after about 6 months I say "*kitten* this, i'm not losing so why try." Then I delete my account. A month later I'm like "Nooooo what did i do!! Must keep going" LOL I think I've been stuck at 150-160 for almost 2 years now.

Right there with you. I've gone beyond what anyone would call a plateau and am now firmly in a 3 year RUT. :D The most maddening thing to me is when I try to drastically shake things up for a month, eating way more, way less, changing my exercise, etc. - and I'm still in the same 5 pound range!!!

And then people say I'm whining when I say that I am frustrated. Well, maybe they'd be frustrated too after that much time and no progress!!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Personally no, but the creator of the site seems to have only lost 10 lbs.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    If you follow the plan, it works. I lost 20 pounds last year. Sadly, I stopped logging my food and I found most of them again.
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Me! I started logging in July of 2011 (came over here from Sparkpeople, since that site has a horrible food database and a clunky interface), and within the first two months I lost about 4 pounds. I was ecstatic!

Then I stayed at the same weight for for about... oh, 9 months.

I just managed to get out of my plateau and lost another 2 pounds. But it hasn't been easy :(
  • jaweiss1
    jaweiss1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble losing weight, especially after working diligently at it for so long.

If I were in your situation, I would make a drs appt and consult with him about getting blood and hormone panels.

I agree with others who said that 2-3 months with no progress indicates that it is time for a change.

I haven't seen it mentioned explicitly, but if you are dieting and working out regularly with a good program, you should consider purchasing and learning to use body fat calipers so that your data on progress is not restricted to just the scale. The calipers do take some practice to use effectively, and it is much easier if you can ask a friend or sig other to do the measurements for you. But after 2-3 weeks you will be able to produce consistent and accurate measurements.

Here is an excellent web page with all the formulas calculated:

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

In addition to the formulas, you will also find links to short videos showing exactly how to make the measurements.

These calipers have worked great for me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NN9SDO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Best of luck.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble losing weight, especially after working diligently at it for so long.

If I were in your situation, I would make a drs appt and consult with him about getting blood and hormone panels.

I agree with others who said that 2-3 months with no progress indicates that it is time for a change.

I haven't seen it mentioned explicitly, but if you are dieting and working out regularly with a good program, you should consider purchasing and learning to use body fat calipers so that your data on progress is not restricted to just the scale. The calipers do take some practice to use effectively, and it is much easier if you can ask a friend or sig other to do the measurements for you. But after 2-3 weeks you will be able to produce consistent and accurate measurements.

Here is an excellent web page with all the formulas calculated:

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

In addition to the formulas, you will also find links to short videos showing exactly how to make the measurements.

These calipers have worked great for me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NN9SDO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Best of luck.

thank you!!! i actually did pick some up this past week. basically to have a better form of measuring. so, i'm going to keep practicing using them and add them to my tape measure and camera ;-)
  • beckye93
    beckye93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It was hard for me to track everything I ate and when i ate. And whatever. I stopped logging my food and exercise. I just use this site to track my weight, and I come here and I just use it basicaly as a social site for my weight loss. I've been doing this and I've lost 10 pounds. Everybody here is so supportive. Everybody just wants everybody to succeed in their goals.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Its been about 3 weeks for me with a 1 pound loss. BUT being here has motivated me to work out more than my 2 or 3 day 10 minute workouts.
    I cannot wait to weigh in next week.
    WE CAN DO THIS!!