Ladies - 160/170 trying to get to 130-ish

Options

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. The whole losing and gaining. Frustrating, huh?

I'm 5'5 1/2 and currently about 165, trying to get down to 140. Add me as a buddy if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    YAY :happy: A place with people with the SAME weight goals as I!

I am 5'9 coming from 161.2 wanting to be 130, would be content with 135.

Please add if you have the same goals!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :heart:
  • lulubeans9
    Options
    I am about 5'7 155 lbs and wanting to be in the 130's. I just started and am looking for something I can stick with to shed these pounds! I'm happy to know that there are so many others with this same goal!

Please ad me if you like if we have similar goals :smile:
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies So I'm also struggling to lose weight I had lost 20 lbs by eating more at home and doing Zumba last summer then started insanity in jan did it for one month lost 6-10lbs got down to 140 on the day my husband came back from deployment now I had gone up to 160 took me almost 3 months to gain it that's without watching calories no exercise and always dining out eating after 7 now I'm back trying to lose it so far I log int MFP for 6 days and lost 4 lbs of course scale kept going up an down bt maintained my weight last 2 days now I'm seeking support also joined a challenge group wish everyone luck
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Submitted w/o info

I'm 5'3 currently 155.6 started at 160 this week
  • MrsTheunissen
    MrsTheunissen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5’2 and 165lbs. My goal is to be 130-120 again. I have been trying to get under the 160 mark for months but nothing. I know I have a big problem when it comes to food, I am an emotional eater and evening is the hardest for me. But for 2 week now I have started to drink 2 protein shakes, and according to my scale I have gain 12 lbs. But my pants fits the same and any one I ask if it looks like I have gain 12 lbs. says no. I have been to the gym doing cardio and weights. But when the scale doesn’t show any less I am starting to feel so discourage. I don’t know how to lose this weight. I get so scared to eat that when I do put something in my mouth its anything because I am so hungry. I have also found out that I have to do some gluten free diet, so whole grains are out for me.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    You may not need me at this time.However, I was at 179 now am at 142.8 lbs. If I eat like I did today MFP says I will be there at 134 in 5 weeks. I have struggled so long yo-yoing . I have really got it this time......I PRAY. :smile:
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's nice to see so many ladies who all have about the same 40 or so pound goal. I started faithfully logging back here on MFP in February and I weighed in at 180.6. As of this morning on the scale I was 158.6. I'm 5'7" and I want to get down to about 145 and then I'll reassess when I get there. Feel free to add me. Oh and by the way, I was 256 at my heaviest back in 2005!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I was 160 and my original goal weight was 130, but I've lost so many inches lifting weights that my new goal is 140, but I'm pretty happy at 145. Don't let that number control you.
  • missyjoy6988
    missyjoy6988 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started at 205, but I am now where you are and have the same weight loss goal. You can do it!!!!!!
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently weigh about 163lbs at the moment. Trying to drop back down to 135 (medium body frame), since that always seemed to be my usual number before and after I was pregnant. That's also about the weight range where I can comfortably fit in my favorite clothes!! Hopefully this time around I'll have a tighter body instead of skinny fat :)

Just been so lazy the last few years that my weight climbed without me realizing until my loose clothes got tight... :blushing:
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started here at 174, and am 158 now. Anyone can add me :) I'd love to get in the 130's as well, got off track for a week or so, but I'm back on the horse! And when I say horse, I mean elliptical. ha! Would love to have lots of friends with the same goals :D
  • jballou54
    jballou54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am 5'3 was 173 lbs so far down to 150 lbs It has been three months on my diet. trying to get to around 130 lbs
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.5 highest weight was 168 - started MFP in Jan @160, and now at 142 lbs. Feeling great as I am in a good routine of eating well and exercising. If you want to be friends, send me a request @ mariettatc. I lost 15 lbs by changing my eating habits, and exercise 3-4 times a week in the first 5 months - so it was healthy progression.

Currently I doing an all raw diet, fruits (berries & green apples -only), veggies, fish & eggs,nuts. It has helped me "cleanse" my system of toxins. I just added chicken and more fruits to my diet. I lost only 3.5 pounds on this program (in 3 weeks) but, have gain a more tone body, and reduced my hips, waist and breast measurements by 5 inches. I feel like my body is operating so much more efficiently, as I'm stronger and have more energy than before. The first week is the pits though :) I now enjoy eating well balanced meals and actually love eating salad and veggies!

My original goal was 15 lbs, which I kept low as I wanted to have "success" and now I'm trying for another 7 lbs to get to 135 by end of August. That would be a total of 30+ lbs so I'm stoked to reach it.

You can do it, just stay positive ::bigsmile
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I love that this thread is still going strong...I slipped a little but still trying to focus on the day to day :)

Thanks for all the requests...we will get there together!!
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    *waves*

I am 5'4", 168 lbs and trying to get down to 120.

I have a long way to go, and like you, want to make friends with women in a similar situation. Send me your friend requests, people!
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I'm 5'7 and 166. I've been on MFP on and off, but I'm hoping to stick with it this time. My first goal is to get back down to 156, which was my weight for most of college. Then, once I hit that, my final goal is 140-145 depending on muscle, etc. I would love friends in the same boat a me!
  • harprsbzr
    harprsbzr Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya sisters! I'm stuck at 160 after maintaining 140# for 3 years. Life, stress etc got in the way and bumped me up gradually over the last year. Still going to WW after 6 years (starting weight 191). I know I can do this. Love this website; better than e-tools.
  • hardymommy123
    hardymommy123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with all of you ladies!!! I am 5'4" and currently 172. After baby #3 I KILLED myself for a year and lost 70 pounds. I looked and felt amazing. Then I had baby #4 and put EIGHTY pounds back on. I was 219 a week after my daughter was born. It has been a nightmare getting the 46 pounds off so far and has taken me 2 years. It was so much easier to lose last time. I'm sure age is a big factor, but I am so determined to get the last 27 pounds off!!! Would love to add some friends for motivation, I sent a few of you requests, but anyone feel free to add me. I only have like 4 friends right now...lol.

My goal weight as of now is 145, but I would love to go even lower than that...135 would be amazing. I didn't make that my goal because honestly I just don't think I can get that low. 145 is more attainable. Maybe once I get there I can get a little extra push from friends to make it the rest of the way:-) Please add me if you like!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'6" and I'm currently at 164. Trying to get to 145. Have been doing great and lost 45 lbs but I have been at a plateau. The more friends the merrier!!