Proof Lifting heavy doesn't bulk up females - PICS

Options

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can lose extra fat AND build muscle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFhOisbtvZY
    Because some dude on youtube said so? Do more research....real research. It's very hard to gain muscle while trying to lose fat through cal deficit. Doable, but hard.

Virtually impossible from what I've heard

Yes you are right, I agree it's nearly impossible to build muscle while cutting calories. Bodybuilders have to eat a suplase of calories to build muscle and they will gain fat while doing so. They then "cut" their calories and up cardio to remove the fat and show the muscle underneath. By linking that clip I was just showing that there are many different opinions out there.

I know for a fact that I have built muscle because:
    1. I am exactly the same weight in both pictures. Do the maths.
    2. I can lift so much more. I use to do a lot of cardio and had no strength, I can now notice the difference in lifting bags of shopping.
    3. You might think that I have just lost some fat to reveal more definision - I had NO muscle in my arms before. My biceps were like soft cheese.

Not too sure why people were talking about the pictures from January - both were taking in June, one on the 1st, one today.

To the lady who asked if I take supplements: I take vitamins, Protein shakes, Glutamin and BCAA.

I truely do appologise for the state I am in the pictures, I took them first thing in the morning before my workout. I wasn't taking the pictures to look pretty or cute or sexy, just to show the change - if any.

I never said I changed much or gained much muscle. I just wanted to say that a lot of people (I hear this from my friends all the time) think that if a woman lifts or GOD OFRBID drinks a protein shake she will turn into the hulk.

Could be the "newbie" effect, when you start a strength training, you can shed of a bit of fat, progress in the training, and see changes on the body composition. Since it's your first shot in strength, could be that. (thus the zero variation on the weight, while you saw progresses)

Yes you are totally right, before turning bulky, especially for women (since they hold more oestrogens than testosterons), it takes time.
    Like I told you, now you would totally benefit from eating around maintenance (maximizing that "newbie effect" potential) that would continue to give you the shape you want.
    Generally, from 6 to 12 months of consistency are required for seeing noticing results on a training-basis. After the first year, you become an "intermediate" where gains come slowly (not to mention in such case eating over TDEE is crucial for muscle synthesis)
  • jasonr1442
    jasonr1442 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My insperation, Jamie Eason

9d2d9-Jamie_Eason_photo_by_Walt_Ostarly.jpg

THAT'S PRETTY INSPIRATIONAL IF YOU ASK THIS GUY!!
  • WehttamThims
    WehttamThims Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You should see a psychologist
  • Silence88
    Silence88 Posts: 26
    Options
    You look incredible.

What the...you're fit and healthy. Sculpting your body. Haters really are gonna hate.
  • JAPANFOXX
    JAPANFOXX Posts: 27
    Options
    Im just glad your background in the pic is clean..all these dirty homes..
    OAN: you looked awesome before. i DO understand the process you are going through.. so NOW you can add lean muscle to get that full look we LOVE on your before pic.. i think you did prove heavy lifting doesn't necessarily have to make a woman bulky. in fact its difficult even when she tries! KEEP ROCKIN!!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You look incredible.

What the...you're fit and healthy. Sculpting your body. Haters really are gonna hate.

Some prefer the before, some prefer the after. Are you hating because you prefer one over the other?
  • NoChub4Me
    NoChub4Me Posts: 27
    Options
    If you post pictures and want people to give you their opinions, you're going to get them good and bad. Maybe some could be nicer about it I suppose, but it pays to have a thick skin on the internet.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in both... I think the biggest reason people think you look better in the before is because the black bikini is a lot more flattering than a (sorry) rather unattractive bra. :smile:
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I agree with LorinaLynn, if your hair and make up were done and you were in that bikini they would be saying how great you looked. I can tell the difference in your arms, back, and butt. And abs! I think you're doing great!
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    White Rose - regarding the date mixup, it's because Americans express a date with the Month first and the day, second.:flowerforyou:
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    White Rose - regarding the date mixup, it's because Americans express a date with the Month first and the day, second.:flowerforyou:

Damn I should have figured that out! Thank you, makes sense now.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in both... I think the biggest reason people think you look better in the before is because the black bikini is a lot more flattering than a (sorry) rather unattractive bra. :smile:

I agree, I also think the coloring in after pictures and the white you are wearing are washing you out. Your skintone in the black suit just showed up better as a healthy glow. It's really just the lighting in the picture that's throwing people off.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Damn I should have figured that out! Thank you, makes sense now.

Beat me to it! :)

Re your pictures - I think some people are saying the whole "you look too skinny" yadda yadda schpiel because of what you're wearing. The black bikini is figure hugging, well fitted and black and you look quite tanned - whereas the after picture your underwear is looser, certainly the bra (without my sounding rude or offensive) isn't the sexiest thing in the world compared to the black bikini :)

I can see the definition in your arms and the change in thighs is phenomenal :) Keep up the great work!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Still look like a woman to me. Great work! Make sure you get enough nutrients.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I don't think you look too skinny, I just think it's the sports bra in the afters that makes it look like you've lost a bit of femininity to your figure when compared to the befores. You look great in both the before and the afters though :smile:
  • LKaye3626
    LKaye3626 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job lady
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm jealous of the inner thigh gap and the complete lack of love handles (well in both pictures really!). Keep up the great work!

I agree with some of the previous posters - it's the lighter skin and the difference in outfits that are screwing people up.
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    As a few other people have said, I think the reasons most people think you look better in the before pics are:

You already looked great.
    Your swimsuit is obviously more flattering than your too big white undergarments.
    The lighting is much warmer in the first picture. The shadows and whiteness in the afters is much less flattering.

Aside from that, though, while I do agree that lifting heavy doesn't make women bulky, I also think it's important to note that lifting heavy for one month wouldn't bulk up men either. It takes much longer than that to build muscle. You also do need to be eating at maintenance or a surplus to build muscle. Congratulations on your achievements, but please consider the repeated advice to stop eating at a deficit. You don't need to do that anymore, and with your apparent BMI and wieght lifting, a deficit may slow you down.

Cheers. :drinker:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Didnt see pics you posted but looked at all your pics under profile. You look great don't see what people are complaining about.

you don't look bulky. You are very tall. Some short women do tend to bulk up in their thighs.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    LMAO. Pathetic. Pulled the photos. The first set was in compliance because she was in a bikini but in her underwear that covered up MORE? No bueno.

lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!