Dating site or Fitness site?

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Very simply any forum on the internet with a diverse gender base in its membership will end up with some component of a dating site. Added to that, this site has a component of vanity built in (we want to LOOK better!), and its a no brainer that people are going to be interested in each other.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    IMGP3111.jpg

Damn Jules!

:heart:
  • KetoLovingMama
    KetoLovingMama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Very simply any forum on the internet with a diverse gender base in its membership will end up with some component of a dating site. Added to that, this site has a component of vanity built in (we want to LOOK better!), and its a no brainer that people are going to be interested in each other.

Exactly! ^ Lol What he said :)
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    ?!!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sorry to those females who are jealous and cannot wear typical workout gear and have an old tshirt and sweatpants.

SIlly little girl.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this is not a dating site. Would you believe even I got hit on inappropriately, now that's getting bad. It's up to us to keep in a clean site so just report garbage like that. I wouldn't encourage people to talk about it in a thread. That to me is inviting trouble, just tell the owners of MFP and don't give it undo publicity.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    no you aren't ugly and you are modest in your dress.
  • melissafranks90
    Options
    In my opinion yes this is a site to show progress. I have taken pics in a tank top, muscle shirt , sports bra etc to show my progress. I dont have to be topless or naked for people to see every inch of progress i have made lol. I think if you want to be inappropriate and violate the sites rules then that is on you. It doesn't make you classier or more beautiful to shoot yourself naked and ask for others nudes. This is a place we can go to for support, advice and to show our progress and share our ups and downs. There are dating sites out there that can prob be way more appealing and fit other peoples needs. As far as I see, this is a fitness site, nothing more.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    In my opinion yes this is a site to show progress. I have taken pics in a tank top, muscle shirt , sports bra etc to show my progress. I dont have to be topless or naked for people to see every inch of progress i have made lol. I think if you want to be inappropriate and violate the sites rules then that is on you. It doesn't make you classier or more beautiful to shoot yourself naked and ask for others nudes. This is a place we can go to for support, advice and to show our progress and share our ups and downs. There are dating sites out there that can prob be way more appealing and fit other peoples needs. As far as I see, this is a fitness site, nothing more.

Funny...I look for the same things in a relationship...

Hmm...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    IMGP3111.jpg

Damn Jules!

thank you chris..as always your support is appreciated...when you have time could you please tell me what leg exercises would most benefit my progress...currently i am doing squats, leg extensions, and romanian deadlifts.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    lol...yeah this site has gotten alittle out of hand!!!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I enjoy MFP. I can take my clothes off for strangers and then hide behind a computer screen.

Plus, they can't follow me home.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Well said @the bacon beast!!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    IMGP3111.jpg

Damn Jules!

thank you chris..as always your support is appreciated...when you have time could you please tell me what leg exercises would most benefit my progress...currently i am doing squats, leg extensions, and romanian deadlifts.

You've got it covered! I wouldn't change a thing...the results are speaking for themselves hun. Just make sure you're keeping your knees bent with the deadlifts :).
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    To answer OP's question, yes.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i think people in general (not just here on this site) get butthurt too easily. i personally choose not to post pictures of my progress in my workout clothes because i'm not that comfortable in my own skin just yet. i'm not great with computers but i'll attempt to post how i choose to show my progress... LOL

2116430i don't, however, hate seeing the girls in their workout gear or bathing suits or whatever else.  i think it's great they are comfortable enough with their bodies to do that.  they are proud of what they've accomplished so far and have every right to show it off.  eh the boob shots and what not don't bother me either, but i guess maybe i just don't give a crap enough about anything... lol
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    Haha I posted a pic of an avatar of where I would like to be in a bikini BUT I can't seem to edit the photos like in FB so that it shows correctly and it only showed my avatar's boobs and tummy, I'm such a newb
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, love that this thread is still going!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Because seeing all these sexy bodies gets people worked up lol.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    i think people in general (not just here on this site) get butthurt too easily. i personally choose not to post pictures of my progress in my workout clothes because i'm not that comfortable in my own skin just yet. i'm not great with computers but i'll attempt to post how i choose to show my progress... LOL

2116430i don't, however, hate seeing the girls in their workout gear or bathing suits or whatever else.  i think it's great they are comfortable enough with their bodies to do that.  they are proud of what they've accomplished so far and have every right to show it off.  eh the boob shots and what not don't bother me either, but i guess maybe i just don't give a crap enough about anything... lol

I am with you on that - and btw you look absolutely fantastic and congratulations on your success.