is it possible/has anyone lose 15kg/33lb in 5 months?

Options
***lost

Although I know that BMI doesn't actually mean anything, I am hoping to get within the "healthy range" by the time that I become qualified to become a Certified Personal Trainer. (7th december) I wanna look like I belong, and as sad as it is, the CPT with the most business, are the ones which look the best.

Is it possible to/has anyone lose 15kgs in 5 months??

:)

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27lbs in 4 months. I haven't exactly altered my diet a great deal either and I could probably afford to work out more often, so I'm sure it's possible.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I haven't but you wouldn't be losing more than 2 lbs a week so if you set your mind too it you should be able to :smile:
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36lbs in three-and-a-half months. You have to keep in mind through that I have more than 100lbs to lose (well, not anymore, but starting out!!)

Don't push too hard. You have to push yourself, but make sure that you are making wise decisions. If you want to be a trainer, you need to be HEALTHY and FIT, and not just skinny. There isn't anything wrong with being skinny, but you have to be a healthy/fit skinny. You can do it!!! Don't focus on the 15Kg...focus on being fit, making healthy decisions every day, and being wise.

Blessings!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds (27.2 kilos) in 5 months. It's easily possible, just takes discipline.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36lbs in three-and-a-half months. You have to keep in mind through that I have more than 100lbs to lose (well, not anymore, but starting out!!)

Don't push too hard. You have to push yourself, but make sure that you are making wise decisions. If you want to be a trainer, you need to be HEALTHY and FIT, and not just skinny. There isn't anything wrong with being skinny, but you have to be a healthy/fit skinny. You can do it!!! Don't focus on the 15Kg...focus on being fit, making healthy decisions every day, and being wise.

Blessings!!!

The way I see it, I eat healthy and exercise, weight loss is just an extra :)
  • carrie31023
    carrie31023 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started at 155 lbs in March of this year...as of today I weigh 122 lbs. YES!!! It is possible! I am diabetic and I did it slow and easy! Good Luck!
  • et3358
    et3358 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds since the end of January and I had 2 weeks where I couldn't do a lot of walking or exercise cause I had knee surgery. So It is possible, good luck.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs in 8 mts a long time ago. 25 lbs lost the first month. It was on a certain weight loss plan though.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    These are all very encouraging responses. I myself feel like nothing's working, but then suddenly I lost a pound or even 2 again. It was nice to read this thread.
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sure it's possible, and its under the 2lb per week max.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 3 1/2 months. It's possible, you just have to be careful.
  • allsetnow
    allsetnow Posts: 13
    Options
    I just recently joined MFP, but I have lost 34 pounds since January 26. I went from 176 to 142 at my weigh-in yesterday. I did most of it without exercising, though I've stepped it up now. Still hoping to lose another 7 or so pounds. It's definitely doable. Good luck.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    that's like between 6 to 8 lbs a month... so it is attainable depending on your weight and such...
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    that's like between 6 to 8 lbs a month... so it is attainable depending on your weight and such...

I'm 180 right now.
    PS I LOVE your ticker! The cats are adorable ^_^
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm losing an average of 15 lbs a month and have been since January, so it's very possible
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I lost my 40lbs in 4 1/2 months. :-)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have!!! 30lbs and It took 4 months. You can totally do it!!! It just takes commitment to your calorie goal while eating healthier and a bit of exercise here and there (mine only exercise at the time was walking to and from classes across campus)
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    I've been on MFP for less than three months and I've lost 47 lbs. Set the plan, follow the plan, and be stubborn enough to stick to the plan even when you don't feel like it.
  • prettygirmel
    Options
    I have lost 59 lbs. in 5 months. It took a major change in eating and I have been doing water aerobics at least 2-3 times a week. I alos, walk my dog about 1/2 hour three times a day, slow but we are walking.
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    I lost 35 pound in less than three months but it was with being really active not sitting on my butt and burning more calories than eating.